About This Listing
With 5 beautifully decorated & newly furnished suites we offer in room amenities which include free Wi-Fi, LCD/HD flat screen TV, cable, refrigerator, Kitchenette, linens and much more. On-site washer/dryer and gazebo BBQ kitchen area.
Come enjoy a fun filled getaway in one of our 5 beautifully decorated & newly furnished rooms located across from Kahalu'u Bay one of Kona's premier snorkeling & surfing beaches.
Relax and unwind in one of our ocean or garden view rooms with lanai and reserved parking. This is the perfect vacation rental for that long overdue getaway or a fun filled Hawaiian adventure with your best friends. Conveniently located near the Keauhou Shopping Center. This is truly your home away from home. Come enjoy and see why this is the perfect place to spend your next vacation.
We offer in room amenities which include free Wi-Fi, LCD/HD flat screen TV, cable, refrigerator, Kitchenette, linens and much more. On-site washer/dryer and gazebo BBQ kitchen area. We are a small quiet non-smoking adult retreat property.
If you're traveling in a larger group, consider booking some of our other rooms as well! (Each room accommodates 2 guests.)
We offer in room amenities which include free Wi-Fi, LCD/HD flat screen TV, cable, refrigerator, Kitchenette, linens and much more. On-site washer/dryer and gazebo BBQ kitchen area.
Big Island Retreat is located across from Kahalu'u Bay one of Kona's premier snorkeling & surfing beaches.
Terms of the Agreement:
1. Big Island Retreat is an small quiet adult retreat property. We welcome families with children 13 years and older. No exceptions.
2. Big Island Retreat has the right to inspect the premises without prior notice at any time to enforce the terms of this agreement. Should the guest violate any of the terms of this agreement, the rental period shall be terminated immediately. The Guest(s) waive all rights to process if they fail to vacate the premises upon termination of the rental period. The Guest (s) shall vacate the premises at the expiration time and date of this agreement.
3. The Guest(s) shall maintain the premises in a good, clean, and ready to rent condition, and use the premises only in a careful and lawful manner. The guest(s) shall leave the premises in a ready to rent condition at the expiration of the rental agreement, defined by Big Island Retreat as being immediately habitable by the next guest(s). Guest(s) shall pay for maintenance and repairs should the premises be left in a lesser condition. The guest(s) agree that Big Island Retreat shall deduct costs of said services from the security deposit prior to refund if guest(s) cause damage to the premises or its furnishings.
4. The guest(s) shall dispose of all waste material generated during the rental period in a lawful manner and put the trash in the bins along the driveway during their stay for pickup. Thursday is when garbage is picked up early morning. Guest(s) is cautioned not to leave trash outside for long periods of time because it attracts animals.
5. The guest(s) shall pay for any damage done to the premises over and above normal wear and tear.
6. No animals or pets of any kind will be brought on the premises.
7. The guest(s) shall not sublet the property.
8. The guest(s) shall have no more than 2 (two) persons reside or sleep in room or on the premises. Only those identified on this agreement.
9. The guest(s) shall behave in a civilized manner and shall be good neighbors respecting the rights of the surrounding property owners. The guest(s) shall not create noise or disturbances likely to disturb or annoy the surrounding property owners. Creating a disturbance of the above nature shall be grounds for immediate termination of this agreement and guest(s) shall then immediately vacate the premises. Quiet hour starts at 8 PM -8 AM noise should be kept to a minimum.
10. There shall be no smoking inside the premises, driveway or roadway to property.
11. Big Island Retreat shall provide towels and linens. Toilet paper, soap, dish detergent, laundry soap, shampoos, and other consumables are to be purchased by the guest(s). No reimbursement will be made for unused consumables left at the premises. If consumables exist at the premises when the guest(s) arrives the guest(s) is free to use them...
12. The guest(s) and their guest(s) shall hereby indemnify and hold harmless Big Island Retreat against any and all claims of personal injury or property damage or loss arising from use of the premises regardless of the nature of the accident, injury or loss. Guest(s) expressly recognize that any insurance for property damage or loss which Big Island Retreat may maintain on the property does not cover the personal property of guest(s).
13. Guest(s) agree to pay all reasonable costs, attorney's fees and expenses that shall be made or incurred by owner enforcing this agreement.
14. Guest(s) expressly acknowledge and agree that this Agreement is for transient occupancy of the Property, and that guest(s) do not intend to make the property a residence or household.
15. There shall be no refunds due to shortened stays or ruined expectations because of weather conditions.
16. There shall be no refunds of rents because of shortened stays or ruined expectations due to work and family emergencies or other commitments.
17. Guest(s) agrees that Fireworks and other hazardous materials shall not be used in or around the property.
18. Guest(s) shall use the property for legal purposes only and other use, such as but not limited to, illegal drug use, abuse of any person, harboring fugitives, etc.; shall cause termination of this agreement with no refund of rental deposits.
19. The property has a fire extinguisher installed in the room. The fire extinguisher was fully charged at last inspection. It is the duty of the guest(s) to inform management immediately should the fire extinguisher become less than fully charged. Guest(s) agrees to use the fire extinguisher only for true emergencies.
20. Guest(s) shall see to their own security while in the property by locking doors, windows, etc. when it’s prudent to do so.
21. Valuable items left behind by tenant will be held for the guest(s) and every reasonable effort will be made to contact the tenant for return. If items are not claimed for longer than 2 months they shall become the property of Big Island Retreat. Big Island Retreat shall not be held liable for condition of said items.
22. High speed wireless internet is provided as a convience only and is not integral to the agreement. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, speed, access problems, lack of knowledge of use, or personal preferences with regard to internet service.
23. Guest(s) will be provided with 1 (one) parking space.
In the event that a pet or person (s) not agreed upon as a renter and is found on the premise during your stay Big Island Retreat shall have the right to ask you to leave the premises immediately with no refund of monies paid.
Randy met me upon my arrival and made me feel very welcome. He showed me to my room and spent about 15 minutes explaining everything he could think of about the Big Island Retreat and its environs, where to park, where the barbecue is, where stores and restaurants are located, how to get to places. He was very kind, thorough and answered all my questions.
The Aloha room was just what I needed. It was very well equipped with refrigerator, convection oven, dishes, silverware. The room was quiet except for the sound of ocean waves peacefully lulling me to sleep each night. And I could see the ocean and the beautiful sunsets from my window and from my lanai!
Overall, I had a very relaxing time at the Big Island Retreat, which is just what I needed. I'd recommend it!
The paradise room at the Big Island Retreat is in one word, perfection! Comfortable, spacious, well appointed and warm, our gracious hosts have thought of everything you will need before you have. Leaving, i felt that we were leaving a good friend's house that had planned for ages and wanted to make sure our visit was perfect. Beach chairs, granola, a terrific bbq area, and wonderful Canadian charm all added to our unbeatable
expérience! Thanks Randy and Gigi! Patricia and Georges
Randy was the perfect host. Just about every day we were about to take off for the day's adventure, he would meet and greet us before we left and constantly asked if we needed anything.
The gift basket was so thoughtful and generous, One of the things was Anahola Granola, a product of Hawaiii (Kona). It was so good we
bought and shipped a box of it home.
The Big Retreat was awesome. The welcome from Randy was heartwarming and super nice. We stayed in the Oceanview room. It was super clean and comftable. If we will ever come back to Big Island, the Big Retreat would be our first choice. Mele kalikimaka, Evelyn and Stephan
Big Island Retreat & Randy+Shannon were fantastic. Beautiful restored Hawaiian home. Randy+Shannon really went the extra mile to make sure we had everything. They really put a lot of effort into all of the details, (website hidden) area has full on BBQ, spider burners and tons of high-end cooking accessories. There is a very noticeable difference in the amount of details they through to make sure you have everything. This place really is a terrific value and Randy's warm, happy demeanor is infectious. I have traveled for 7 years continuously and stayed in many places, but you can really feel that Randy+Shannon built a vacation spot that they themselves would enjoy every minute of. Rooms are sparkling, and come with every feature we would have *wished* to have brought with us (ie spices, high-end knives, complimentary welcome basket). Location is right in front of a great snorkel spot and good for beginning surfers/boarders as well. 1 mile from a boogie board spot, and 2-3 miles from downtown Kona and shopping/supply gathering.
Während unserer Hochzeitsreise zu den verschiedenen Inseln war auch Big Island Retreat ein Zwischenstopp auf unserer Tour. Randy hat uns bei unserer Ankunft herzlich begrüsst und uns alles gezeigt & erklärt. Das Zimmer war genau wie beschrieben und auf den Bildern abgebildet. An das Zimmer angeschlossen ist ein kleines "Vorzimmer" welches mit Tisch, Stühlen & Kühlschrank ausgestattet ist. Ebenfalls im Zier vorhanden sind Toaster, Wasserkocher, kleiner Backofen und Geschirr. Das Zimmer war sehr luftig gestaltet, d.h. die Fenster sind eigentlich nur mit Fliegengitter gegen lästige Mücken ausgestattet (und Jalousien) - man hat das Gefühl in der Natur zu schlafen, nur eben mit Dach über dem Kopf. Die Anfahrt zum Big Island Retreat ist etwas abenteuerlich, da nur eine schmale Strasse dahin führt, aber solange kein Gegenverkehr kommt, gar kein Probelm ;-) zum Strand sind es höchstens 2 Minuten zu Fuss. Hier kann man schön Schnorcheln und den Sonnenuntergang anschauen. Schnorchelausrüstung kann bei Bedarf am Strand gemietet werden. Nach Kona sind es ca. 15 Minuten mit dem Auto.
Wir können die Unterkunft auf jeden Fall weiter empfehlen! Vielleicht kommen wir eines Tages mal wieder nach Big Island, denn es gibt sicher noch viel zu entdecken.
If we could we we'd give 6 stars to Randy and Shannon's 'Big Island Retreat' off Ali'i Drive! The place they created is one of a kind and very special. The wonderfully restored house from the 1920s has a unique Old Hawaiian atmosphere, certainly not present in run-of-the-mill hotels, which anyway will be more expensive. The rooms are clean, beautifully furnished, and decorated with art work. We choose the place because of the wonderful photos. And the pictures don't lie. In fact, reality is better. What you can't see on the photos is the great location. The house is very close to the ocean and Ali'i Drive, but still it is quiet and secluded. The traffic noise gets absorbed by the lush vegetation, and you are left with the soothing sounds of the surf. Kahalu'u beach (one of few in Kona) with great snorkeling and surfing is only a 3-minute walk away. Randy and Shannon will supply you with necessary equipment if you didn't bring it along. They are wonderful and very personal hosts, who will go out of their way to make your stay unforgettable and then some. We came for the Ironman World Championship, and they took a personal interest in the two competing athletes who stayed at their place. A big 'Thank You' by the way, to Gigi, a permanent resident of the house and an experienced surfer, who was so nice to take time guiding the athletes through the surf during their first swim session. Less than 5 miles to Kona center is perfect for the ironman if you want a base away from the bustle. If we come back to Big Island, Big Island Retreat will be our first choice.
This host has 67 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Randy & Shannon
My wife Shannon and I fell in love with the Big Island and it's Aloha spirit the first time we vacationed on the island. We knew that there was something very special about Hawaii, specifically the Big Island and after about a year we made the decision to make Kona our home.
We have found that life on the Big Island is paradise and more...the weather always warm and comfortable, snorkeling and surfing just a few steps away and being able to have shops, restaurants being so close you can walk to them and the access of public transportation just up the road.
Our property is very special to us and knew the very first moment we saw it that it was home. We have created a wonderful vacation rental property with 5 beautifully and newly decorated rooms with either a partial ocean view or garden view, lanai to watch stunning sunsets and a fully equipped gazebo BBQ area.
We are tucked in amongst a quiet neighborhood though steps away from the beach all ones hears is the surf.
We welcome you to come enjoy and see why this is the perfect place to spend your next vacation.
Randy & Shannon