About this listing
With 5 beautifully decorated & newly furnished suites we offer in room amenities which include free Wi-Fi, LCD/HD flat screen TV, cable, refrigerator, Kitchenette, linens and much more. On-site washer/dryer and gazebo BBQ kitchen area.
Come enjoy a fun filled getaway in one of our 5 beautifully decorated & newly furnished rooms located across from Kahalu'u Bay one of Kona's premier snorkeling & surfing areas.
Relax and unwind in one of our ocean or garden view room with lanai and reserved parking. This is the perfect vacation rental for that long overdue getaway or a fun filled Hawaiian adventure with your best friends. Conveniently located near the Keauhou Shopping Center. This is truly your home away from home. Come enjoy and see why this is the perfect place to spend your next vacation.
We offer in room amenities which include free Wi-Fi, LCD/HD flat screen TV, cable, refrigerator, Kitchenette, linens and much more. On-site washer/dryer and gazebo BBQ area. We are a small quiet non-smoking adult retreat property.
We are a small quiet adult property and book very quickly, so we suggest having alternative dates if possible.
If you're travelling in a larger group, consider booking some of our other rooms as well! (Each room accommodates 2 guests.)
Terms of the Agreement:
1. Big Island Retreat is an small quiet adult retreat property. We welcome families with children 13 years and older. No exceptions.
2. Big Island Retreat has the right to inspect the premises without prior notice at any time to enforce the terms of this agreement. Should the guest violate any of the terms of this agreement, the rental period shall be terminated immediately. The Guest(s) waive all rights to process if they fail to vacate the premises upon termination of the rental period. The Guest (s) shall vacate the premises at the expiration time and date of this agreement.
3. The Guest(s) shall maintain the premises in a good, clean, and ready to rent condition, and use the premises only in a careful and lawful manner. The guest(s) shall leave the premises in a ready to rent condition at the expiration of the rental agreement, defined by Big Island Retreat as being immediately habitable by the next guest(s). Guest(s) shall pay for maintenance and repairs should the premises be left in a lesser condition. The guest(s) agree that Big Island Retreat shall deduct costs of said services from the security deposit prior to refund if guest(s) cause damage to the premises or its furnishings.
4. The guest(s) shall dispose of all waste material generated during the rental period in a lawful manner and put the trash in the bins along the driveway during their stay for pickup. Thursday is when garbage is picked up early morning. Guest(s) is cautioned not to leave trash outside for long periods of time because it attracts animals.
5. The guest(s) shall pay for any damage done to the premises over and above normal wear and tear.
6. No animals or pets of any kind will be brought on the premises.
7. The guest(s) shall not sublet the property.
8. The guest(s) shall have no more than 2 (two) persons reside or sleep in room or on the premises. Only those identified on this agreement.
9. The guest(s) shall behave in a civilized manner and shall be good neighbors respecting the rights of the surrounding property owners. The guest(s) shall not create noise or disturbances likely to disturb or annoy the surrounding property owners. Creating a disturbance of the above nature shall be grounds for immediate termination of this agreement and guest(s) shall then immediately vacate the premises. Quiet hour starts at 8 PM -8 AM noise should be kept to a minimum.
10. There shall be no smoking inside the premises, driveway or roadway to property.
11. Big Island Retreat shall provide towels and linens. Toilet paper, soap, dish detergent, laundry soap, shampoos, and other consumables are to be purchased by the guest(s). No reimbursement will be made for unused consumables left at the premises. If consumables exist at the premises when the guest(s) arrives the guest(s) is free to use them...
12. The guest(s) and their guest(s) shall hereby indemnify and hold harmless Big Island Retreat against any and all claims of personal injury or property damage or loss arising from use of the premises regardless of the nature of the accident, injury or loss. Guest(s) expressly recognize that any insurance for property damage or loss which Big Island Retreat may maintain on the property does not cover the personal property of guest(s).
13. Guest(s) agree to pay all reasonable costs, attorney's fees and expenses that shall be made or incurred by owner enforcing this agreement.
14. Guest(s) expressly acknowledge and agree that this Agreement is for transient occupancy of the Property, and that guest(s) do not intend to make the property a residence or household.
15. There shall be no refunds due to shortened stays or ruined expectations because of weather conditions.
16. There shall be no refunds of rents because of shortened stays or ruined expectations due to work and family emergencies or other commitments.
17. Guest(s) agrees that Fireworks and other hazardous materials shall not be used in or around the property.
18. Guest(s) shall use the property for legal purposes only and other use, such as but not limited to, illegal drug use, abuse of any person, harboring fugitives, etc.; shall cause termination of this agreement with no refund of rental deposits.
19. The property has a fire extinguisher installed in the room. The fire extinguisher was fully charged at last inspection. It is the duty of the guest(s) to inform management immediately should the fire extinguisher become less than fully charged. Guest(s) agrees to use the fire extinguisher only for true emergencies.
20. Guest(s) shall see to their own security while in the property by locking doors, windows, etc. when it’s prudent to do so.
21. Valuable items left behind by tenant will be held for the guest(s) and every reasonable effort will be made to contact the tenant for return. If items are not claimed for longer than 2 months they shall become the property of Big Island Retreat. Big Island Retreat shall not be held liable for condition of said items.
22. High speed wireless internet is provided as a convience only and is not integral to the agreement. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, speed, access problems, lack of knowledge of use, or personal preferences with regard to internet service.
23. Guest(s) will be provided with 1 (one) parking space.
In the event that a pet or person (s) not agreed upon as a renter and is found on the premise during your stay Big Island Retreat shall have the right to ask you to leave the premises immediately with no refund of monies paid.
Gigi, who greeted us upon arrival and addressed any concerns (continue reading) was hospitable and genuine. We didn't realize upon booking that it was an open air unit without air conditioning (our mishap) and happened to be there during some humid summer nights. When we asked to swap our fan with another to make our sleep more comfortable she was accommodating and friendly (thank you). This location is clean, beautiful and filled with beach toys (boards, chairs, etc.) to enjoy during your stay. About a 15 min drive from heart of Kona and a block or so from the ocean. Would stay again as long as the weather coincides!
We really recommend this place, it is awesome. It is located directly to a famous snorkeling spot and near to Kona. Randy and his wife do everything to make this place to a perfect location: you can use snorkeling and surf boards, there is a great barbecue station and the room is really wonderful.
The best place we have ever stayed. A 5 star hotel wouldn't be better either. We've been at the Ocean view suite of the Big Island Retreat. The perfect accomodation! It looks nice on the pictures, but the reality is even better! Perfect location for snorkeling and surfing. You can find a lot of fish and even turtles in the calm shallow left side of the beach, and can surf on the right side. Good waves for beginner to medium level. Randy provides beach equipment and surfboards as well! Beach towels come well if you would save on your luggage. Randy and Gigi were very helpful and welcoming. I would absolutely recommend it to anyone, and we plan to return as well!
Wir durften 4 Nächte bei Randy in seinem wunderschönen Haus verbringen. Die Gastgeber waren sehr nett, hilfsbereit, freundlich, alles was man sich als Gast nur wünschen kann. Das Zimmer entsprach dem, wie von uns geordert.. Es war groß, äußerst sauber und sehr komfortabel. Wir durften auch seinen BBQ benutzen, mit allem was dazugehört. Wir konnten jederzeit mit seiner Hilfsbereitschaft rechnen und er gab uns Tips, was, wann und wo. Wir können uns nicht vorstellen, das hier jemand unzufrieden aus dem Haus geht. Hier kann man sich nur geborgen und wohlfühlen. Sehr empfehlenswert und sollten wir jemals wieder nach Big Island kommen, werden wir auf das Big Island Retreat zurückgreifen. Vielen Dank Randy.
I want to say; All of our BnB experiences over a week went pretty well, but Randy and Shannon's place at the Big Island resort was by far the best! Top service and wonderful people. The place is spotless and relaxing.
We will return here.
Thank you so much!
Monica and Ayla Contois
It was really great at the Big Island Retreat. Randy & Gigi were very nice and helpfull. We had a wonderful evening with them and other guests at the BBQ place. So if you stay over here, be sure to use the bbq and meet some other people.
The room was great, clean and had a very nice lanai. At night we could hear the ocean inside our room. We stayed in the aloha room, but also saw some other rooms which also looked awesome. From the retreat you can walk to a great snorkeling spot. If you're planning a holiday to the Big Island you should definitely stay at the Big Island Retreat.
Thank you so much Randy and Gigi and we hope to see you again!
Richard & Leonie
This host has 92 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Randy & Shannon
My wife Shannon and I fell in love with the Big Island and it's Aloha spirit the first time we vacationed on the island. We knew that there was something very special about Hawaii, specifically the Big Island and after about a year we made the decision to make Kona our home.
We have found that life on the Big Island is paradise and more...the weather always warm and comfortable, snorkeling and surfing just a few steps away and being able to have shops, restaurants being so close you can walk to them and the access of public transportation just up the road.
Our property is very special to us and knew the very first moment we saw it that it was home. We have created a wonderful vacation rental property with 5 beautifully and newly decorated rooms with either a partial ocean view or garden view, lanai to watch stunning sunsets and a fully equipped gazebo BBQ area.
We are tucked in amongst a quiet neighborhood though steps away from the beach all ones hears is the surf.
We welcome you to come enjoy and see why this is the perfect place to spend your next vacation.
Randy & Shannon