About this listing
One room with queen size bed in a beautifully restored craftsmen house. Located in the Alberta Arts neighborhood you'll be walking distance from all the offerings of Alberta St., and a short bike ride to Mississippi and more.
Welcome to vintage Portland. This is an old house with old charm. and has been tastefully restored to retain all its original bungalow beauty. There is currently only one room available. It is fully furnished with a queen size bed. Enjoy the brilliantly tiled bathroom with generous shower head!
Located in the crux of three great neighborhoods, Concordia, Alberta, and Beaumont, you'll be walking distance to the best natural food market in Portland, "New Seasons", a wellness center/spa, the venerable Kennedy School, Wilshire Park, all the shops, cafes, and restaurants on Alberta Street, and a new bike rental shop nearby. Also check out the Alberta Rose Theater for shows and events, just a few blocks away. The #70 bus line runs right in front of the house which takes you to the Rose Quarter, the #17 takes you downtown, as well as 2 other bus lines nearby. Also just a 15 minute drive to the airport! You're free to hang out, or explore the surrounding area.
Your host, James, a landscape designer by trade, will be glad to give you advice on the best Portland has to offer. You're also welcome to enjoy the vegetable garden in the backyard when in season.
- There is an old yellow mountain bike that is free to use while your visiting, just be nice to it. It's great for getting around the neighborhood, maybe not that great for cross-town jaunts.
- Stocked kitchen. Feel free to make a meal using any of the cookware, utensils, spices, oils, sugar, etc., that I have to offer. Coffee and tea are provided.
There aren't really any areas off limits except the upstairs. The basement has become a bit cluttered due to some remodeling upstairs. Apologies!
Interaction with Guests
I am usually present while guests are staying. I have a busy and varied work schedule as a business owner, especially during the spring and summer. I love getting to know travelers from near and far.
The Alberta district offers everything a great neighborhood should: cafes, restaurants, bars, boutiques, art and more. I'm happy to offer tips and advice and my own personal favorites as well.
Yes, 3 bus lines all very near my house. Airport 15 minute drive. Alberta Street is a five minute walk.
Hi, it's James.
Welcome to my home. Just some info for your stay. Let me know at least a day or two in advance when you'll be coming in. Either text, email or call me, whatever's preferable. Also let me know when you'll be leaving....that always helps.
Please make yourself at home, make a pot of tea, and enjoy your stay!
Here are the house rules:
- No smoking in house.
- Check in before 10pm preferable, but flexible.
- If you're checking out after 1pm, please let me know in advance.
- Please don't flush anything besides toilet paper in the loo...(old house).
- Please clean up after yourself, especially in the kitchen.
- Easy street parking; No parking in the driveway please.