About this listing
A Bauhaus Style Villa with a SPA next to the airport. Have a nice time in Athens, without being in the noisy center of the City.Active Holidays, near the sandy beach of Artemida (surfing area) with an easy access to the main climbing areas of Athens.
Let us help you, on planning your vacations!!! We know Greece as we are travelers and no couch potatoes :D
A third or fourth person can be hosted, upon request, so feel free to ask.
NEW PURCHASE: We just got a new aircondition unit for the room, so the nights will be cooler :D
NEW!!! Ask for our free of charge Breakfast Basket (made by Maria)
Other news: We now have also a cat that visited us and never left!!! Best cat in the world!!!
ADVANTAGES……OF THE ARE • Next to the airport. If you don't want to spend the night at the airport waiting for the next plane, come to us... You can even use our SPA for free.
• Don't bother about transportation... We can pick you up with a very reasonable fee.
• Don't miss your ship to the island the next morning. We will bring you on time directly to your ship and help you with booking.
• Nice sub-urban area, next to the airport (15 minutes drive) and about 25 km from the center of Athens.
• 400 meters from the sandy Artemida beach (more than 5 km of sand beach)15 minutes’ walk from lively Artemida coast with a lot of cafes, traditional taverns and bars.
• 15 minutes’ walk from the Kite Surfing area of Saint Nikolaos (part of Artemida Beach), 10 minutes’ walk from the Wind Surfing area (lessons, equipment rental opportunities in the area).
• Flat area, ideal for walking or biking. Bicycles can be provided free of charge.
• All major climbing crags are in a driving distance from 20 – 40 minutes (The area provides more than 20 Crags with more than 1.000 climbing routes – Grades from 4a to 8b). At weekends if we go to crag you can come with us for climbing at no extra cost!
• Learn how to surf or kite surf at one of the known local schools with reasonable prices. Ask us for details!
OF THE HOME – LIVING AREA – SERVICE PROVIDEBrand new building (finished 2012) of modern architectureQuite neighborhood.
• Next to Bus Stop.
• Next to Mini Market.
• Surfing and kite Lessons in a walkable distance at very low prices (ask for arrangements)
• Next to a zumba / latin dances gym. Daily tickes can be issued upon request. We can do arrangements for you.
• We have a treadmill (running machine) newly purchased at our home. Free to use.
• We do have TRX rings at our garden area to be used if wanted
• Under floor heating and cooling System.
• Additional Air condition unit, if needed.
• Hot Water 24 hours300 m2 garden covered with grass and surrounded with 40 Leyland trees.
• Hydropool Hot tub for 7 people, can be used free of charge ((website hidden)).
• Free Tea / Coffee.
• Free Wi-fi / Satelite TV / Wii
• Living room area of about 50 m2 (shared with owners).
• Kitchen area of about 30 m2, fully equipped (shared with the owners) Kitchen (Microwave, Oven, Fridge, Toaster, Coffee maker etc.)
• Washing and dryer Machine, ironing opportunity, all can be used free of Charge
• Printing / photocopying opportunity provided (free for up to 20 pages, additional fee if more)Free use of our new WEBER BBQ. We just puschased and love it!!!
• Pets allowed. …
OF THE ROOPrivate area of about 35 m2 with under floor heating and cooling systeFull isolated room, clean, quiet and cozy with a Comfortable double bed and a large closet
• Own Bath and Shower, with all amenities included (Hot Water 24/hours)
• Clean Linen upon arrival, changed every 3rd day if your booking will be for a longer period
• Clean Towels every day.…
OF THE HOSTS
• Multilingual. Theodor speaks English and German at a perfect level and Spanish at a good level. Maria speaks English.
• Helpful and Social. We are going to there, willing to help you with all your requests and to make your stay as pleasant as you imagined.
• Active Members of the Local Climber community. If we will not have the time to climb with you, we will at least be able to provide you info about local climbing areas (sport, trad or boulder), provide you topos and any other useful information.
• Young and easygoing. We are young and alive… meaning that we know the local scene and can provide you info on where locals go out, eat, dance, etc.
ACCESS AND PUBLIC TRANSPORT:
• 15 minutes’ drive from the El. Venizelos Airport (14 km). Pick up - drop off can be arranged for a small fee (to cover the fuel expenses).
• 10 minutes’ drive from the port of Rafina, the Gateway to the Aegean and Cyclades (direct ferry lines to Santorini, Mykonos, Paros, Naxos, Ios, Andros, Tinos). Pick up - drop off can be arranged for a small fee (to cover the fuel expenses).
• Only 25 km from the Center of Athens – 20 minutes from METRO, reachable by BUS (Bus stop outside home - line 305) or Car.
NOTE: We do have a dog. KANELOS is trained; he rarely barks and is really friendly to quests. He is trained not to enter the private area of our guests but he will be around in the common area. He does not bite and has NEVER been hostile to any of our quests.
You can access all of our house, the basement and the ground floor with the garden area and the SPA facility :D.
Please note that the 1st floor is for our own privacy.
Interaction with guests
We can help you plan your vacations. We believe into the AirBnB spirit. We want to experience life with our guests, so if you want we are more than happy hanging out together. There is only one thing... We are working hard, so maybe we will only a few hours arround, but always with a smile in our face. :D
Off course if privacy is wanted we always respect that.
We live in a town that is considered to be a major spot for Athenians during their summer vacations.
We are lucky having the largest sand beach in Attica and the left part of our beach is a major spot for wind and kite surfing where some of our guests have taken private lessons during their stay.
The area is full of beach bars, coffees and nice restaurants / taverns. There are even some clubs if someone wants to stay out late.
The lake of Marathon and the battlefield of Marathon (starting point of the annual historic marathon race) are only 15 mins by car from our home and the temple and museum of Artemida are only 30 mins by bike from our home.
Attica Zoo -the only zoo park in Greece with a live dolphin show and one of the major open shopping areas are only 10 mins by car from our home and can be also accessed with our bikes (30 mins). The airport shopping area is only 15 mins from our home and there is one of the largest outlets in Greece, with over 150 brands and 14.000 square meters of shopping area.
We provide a detailed map with all the interesting spots to every visitor upon arrival. We even offer for free our bikes to take a sea side bike tour.
There is the KTEL Bus from and to the aiport running every hour and the bus number 305 connecting Artemida with the Athens METRO, running every 30 mins. We can provide detailed info and timetables upon request.
We are a working couple, usually leaving the house early in the morning and returning in the evening.
We do not have any strict rules. Only that Smoking is not allowed in the private areas and that we expect you to keep the noise down from 23.00 to 07.00.
We do not charge any cleaning fee, so please keep the area as clean as you can.
We are reasonable and social people... if you are the same, we wont need rules, just common sence!
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
what to say... Usually I am working and when I am not working I am climbing... Thats my life... I also love traveling around, but most of the times to places which are surrounded by rocks...
The rest of the time (there is no more time) I am bicycling and hanging arround with friends...
Oh, I forgot!!! I am also social and I smile a lot...