About this listing
Have a nice time in Athens, without being in the noisy center of the City….
Active Holidays, near the sandy seaside of Artemida with an easy access to the main climbing areas of Athens.
…OF THE AREA
• Nice sub-urban area, next to the airport (15 minutes drive) and about 25 km from the center of Athens.
• 400 meters from the sandy Artemida beach (more than 5 km of sand beach).
• 15 minutes’ walk from lively Artemida coast with a lot of cafes, traditional taverns and bars.
• 15 minutes’ walk from the Kite Surfing area of Saint Nikolaos (part of Artemida Beach), 10 minutes’ walk from the Wind Surfing area (lessons, equipment rental opportunities in the area).
• Flat area, ideal for walking or biking. Bicycles can be provided free of charge.
• All major climbing crags are in a driving distance from 20 – 40 minutes (The area provides more than 20 Crags with more than 1.000 climbing routes – Grades from 4a to 8b).
…OF THE HOME – LIVING AREA – SERVICE PROVIDED
• Brand new building (finished 2012) of modern architecture.
• Quite neighborhood.
• Next to Bus Stop.
• Next to Mini Market.
• Under floor heating and cooling System.
• Hot Water 24 hours.
• 300 m2 garden covered with grass and surrounded with 40 Leyland trees.
• Hydropool Hot tub for 7 people, can be used free of charge ((website hidden)).
• Free Tea / Coffee.
• Free Wi-fi / Satelite TV / Wii / Local Mobile SIM will be provided upon request
• Living room area of about 50 m2 (shared with owners).
• Kitchen area of about 30 m2, fully equipped (shared with the owners) Kitchen (Microwave, Oven, Fridge, Toaster, Coffee maker etc.)
• Washing and dryer Machine, ironing opportunity, all can be used free of Charge
• Printing / photocopying opportunity provided (free for up to 20 pages, additional fee if more).
• Pets allowed.
…OF THE ROOM
• Private area of about 35 m2 with under floor heating and cooling system
• Full isolated room, clean, quiet and cozy with a Comfortable double bed and a large closet
• Own Bath and Shower, with all amenities included (Hot Water 24/hours)
• Clean Linen upon arrival, changed every 3rd day if your booking will be for a longer period
• Clean Towels every day.
…OF THE HOSTS
• Multilingual. Theodor speaks English and German at a perfect level and Spanish at a good level. Maria speaks English.
• Helpful and Social. We are going to there, willing to help you with all your requests and to make your stay as pleasant as you imagined.
• Active Members of the Local Climber community. If we will not have the time to climb with you, we will at least be able to provide you info about local climbing areas (sport, trad or boulder), provide you topos and any other useful information.
• Young and easygoing. We are young and alive… meaning that we know the local scene and can provide you info on where locals go out, eat, dance, etc.
ACCESS AND PUBLIC TRANSPORT:
• 15 minutes’ drive from the El. Venizelos Airport (14 km). Pick up can be arranged. Aller-retour 25 Euros. One Way 15 Euros.
• 10 minutes’ drive from the port of Rafina, the Gateway to the Aegean and Cyclades (direct ferry lines to Santorini, Mykonos, Paros, Naxos, Ios, Andros, Tinos). Aller-retour 15 Euros. One Way 10 Euros.
• Only 25 km from the Center of Athens – 20 minutes from METRO, reachable by BUS (Bus stop outside home - line 305) or Car.
• A car can be provided with a small fee (Chevrolet Matiz, model 2008 for 15 € / day or KIA SPORTAGE model 2007 for 25 € / day).
NOTE: We do have a dog. KANELOS is trained; he rarely barks and is really friendly to quests. He is trained not to enter the private area of our guests but he will be around in the common area. He does not bite and has NEVER been hostile to any of our quests.
Because we feel that we have to improve our nice place in 2014 we have invested into a New Satelite TV with Hotbird and Astra. Over 1.000 channels for our visitors. Stay tunned for our forthcoming improvements....
You can access all of our house, the basement and the ground floor with the garden area and the SPA facility :D.
Please note that the 1st floor is for our own privacy.
Interaction with Guests
We can help you plan your vacations. We believe into the AirBnB spirit. We want to experience life with our guests, so if you want we are more than happy hanging out together. There is only one thing... We are working hard, so maybe we will only a few hours arround, but always with a smile in our face. :D
Off course if privacy is wanted we always respect that.
We live in a town that is considered to be a major spot for Athenians during their summer vacations.
We are lucky having the largest sand beach in Attica and the left part of our beach is a major spot for wind and kite surfing where some of our guests have taken private lessons during their stay.
The area is full of beach bars, coffees and nice restaurants / taverns. There are even some clubs if someone wants to stay out late.
The lake of Marathon and the battlefield of Marathon (starting point of the annual historic marathon race) are only 15 mins by car from our home and the temple and museum of Artemida are only 30 mins by bike from our home.
Attica Zoo -the only zoo park in Greece with a live dolphin show and one of the major open shopping areas are only 10 mins by car from our home and can be also accessed with our bikes (30 mins). The airport shopping area is only 15 mins from our home and there is one of the largest outlets in Greece, with over 150 brands and 14.000 square meters of shopping area.
We provide a detailed map with all the interesting spots to every visitor upon arrival. We even offer for free our bikes to take a sea side bike tour.
There is the KTEL Bus from and to the aiport running every hour and the bus number 305 connecting Artemida with the Athens METRO, running every 30 mins. We can provide detailed info and timetables upon request.
We are a working couple, usually leaving the house early in the morning and returning in the evening.
We do not have any strict rules. Only that Smoking is not allowed in the private areas and that we expect you to keep the noise down from (phone number hidden).
We do not charge any cleaning fee, so please keep the area as clean as you can.
We are reasonable and social people... if you are the same, we wont need rules, just common sence!
Une superbe maison, très bien située pour ceux qui ne veulent pas être dans Athènes même pour pouvoir visiter tout les points à proximité.
Théodore et Maria ont été très attentionnés, et surtout de très bons conseils pour visiter la région. Ils nous ont trouvé quelqu'un pour nous ramener et nous amener de l'aéroport, sachant qu'ils n'étaient pas dispo sur nos horaires de vol. Nous avons fait tout les points qu'ils nous ont conseillés et nous n'avons pas été déçu.
Une superbe expérience que je vous conseille fortement.
Excelente!!! Theo es un gran anfitrión, generoso y amable. Nos sentimos como en casa a pesar de estar pocas horas. Su casa es hermosa y la zona muy bonita. Ojalá podamos volver mas tiempo algún día.
I stayed with Theo and Maria for a night between island hopping. They are incredible hosts. They welcomed me like a family member. The room was clean and comfortable and the location a perfect alternative to staying in Athens between flights. Thanks for an awesome stay guys!
Man, what an incredible home Teo and Maria welcomed us into! I only stayed one night, but wish I had more time there. After weeks of traveling different cities, it was good to feel at home at a place. The home is just as shown, if not even nicer in person! Teo and Maria are very sweet. They went above and beyond to help me figure out the bus route to the airport the next day. Lovely home, lovely stay, lovely hosts! We shared some great stories, if you get a chance, try having a conversation with Teo! Sweet man.
Teo & Maria were great! They picked me up from the airport and dropped me off at the ferry port the next morning. They were right on time, very welcoming and kindly offered refreshments, use of their hot tub, etc etc. Amazing house, amazing host. Recommended.
Theodor is a great host! Gave us lots of advices and drove us through the town showing us the places to go to.
The house is beautiful, and clean! The breakfast was waiting for us in the morning. Last evening before our flight was great as we could use the bathtub!
Finally, Theodor took us to the airport, on Sunday morning at 6am!
One thing, the room is in the basement so you will have small windows, apart from that but was perfect.
Best airbnb host ever!
Thanks for your super nice words ! You are right, the room is at the basement (as shown on the photos). The idea is to use the whole appartment :D and the garden with the hottube :D and to rest quietly in your (totally isolated and quiet) bedroom.
thanks again for your nice words!!!!
Our stay at Teos was great. He picked us up and dropped us off at the airport for a very reasonable price (much cheaper than a taxi). His house is amazing, as was his hospitality. The home is within walking distance to the beach and good nightlife if that's what you're looking for in Athens. I would recommend this place to friends.
About the Host, Theodor
what to say... Usually I am working and when I am not working I am climbing... Thats my life... I also love traveling around, but most of the times to places which are surrounded by rocks...
The rest of the time (there is no more time) I am bicycling and hanging arround with friends...
Oh, I forgot!!! I am also social and I smile a lot...