Have a nice time in Athens, without being in the noisy center of the City….
Active Holidays, near the sandy seaside of Artemida with an easy access to the main climbing areas of Athens.
…OF THE AREA
• Nice sub-urban area, next to the airport (15 minutes drive) and about 25 km from the center of Athens.
• 400 meters from the sandy Artemida beach (more than 5 km of sand beach).
• 15 minutes’ walk from lively Artemida coast with a lot of cafes, traditional taverns and bars.
• 15 minutes’ walk from the Kite Surfing area of Saint Nikolaos (part of Artemida Beach), 10 minutes’ walk from the Wind Surfing area (lessons, equipment rental opportunities in the area).
• Flat area, ideal for walking or biking. Bicycles can be provided free of charge.
• All major climbing crags are in a driving distance from 20 – 40 minutes (The area provides more than 20 Crags with more than 1.000 climbing routes – Grades from 4a to 8b).
…OF THE HOME – LIVING AREA – SERVICE PROVIDED
• Brand new building (finished 2012) of modern architecture.
• Quite neighborhood.
• Next to Bus Stop.
• Next to Mini Market.
• Under floor heating and cooling System.
• Hot Water 24 hours.
• 300 m2 garden covered with grass and surrounded with 40 Leyland trees.
• Hydropool Hot tub for 7 people, can be used free of charge ((website hidden)).
• Free Tea / Coffee.
• Free Wi-fi / Satelite TV / Wii / Local Mobile SIM will be provided upon request
• Living room area of about 50 m2 (shared with owners).
• Kitchen area of about 30 m2, fully equipped (shared with the owners) Kitchen (Microwave, Oven, Fridge, Toaster, Coffee maker etc.)
• Washing and dryer Machine, ironing opportunity, all can be used free of Charge
• Printing / photocopying opportunity provided (free for up to 20 pages, additional fee if more).
• Pets allowed.
…OF THE ROOM
• Private area of about 35 m2 with under floor heating and cooling system
• Full isolated room, clean, quiet and cozy with a Comfortable double bed and a large closet
• Own Bath and Shower, with all amenities included (Hot Water 24/hours)
• Clean Linen upon arrival, changed every 3rd day if your booking will be for a longer period
• Clean Towels every day.
…OF THE HOSTS
• Multilingual. Theodor speaks English and German at a perfect level and Spanish at a good level. Maria speaks English.
• Helpful and Social. We are going to there, willing to help you with all your requests and to make your stay as pleasant as you imagined.
• Active Members of the Local Climber community. If we will not have the time to climb with you, we will at least be able to provide you info about local climbing areas (sport, trad or boulder), provide you topos and any other useful information.
• Young and easygoing. We are young and alive… meaning that we know the local scene and can provide you info on where locals go out, eat, dance, etc.
ACCESS AND PUBLIC TRANSPORT:
• 15 minutes’ drive from the El. Venizelos Airport (14 km). Pick up can be arranged. Aller-retour 25 Euros. One Way 15 Euros.
• 10 minutes’ drive from the port of Rafina, the Gateway to the Aegean and Cyclades (direct ferry lines to Santorini, Mykonos, Paros, Naxos, Ios, Andros, Tinos). Aller-retour 15 Euros. One Way 10 Euros.
• Only 25 km from the Center of Athens – 20 minutes from METRO, reachable by BUS (Bus stop outside home - line 305) or Car.
• A car can be provided with a small fee (Chevrolet Matiz, model 2008 for 15 € / day or KIA SPORTAGE model 2007 for 25 € / day).
NOTE: We do have a dog. KANELOS is trained; he rarely barks and is really friendly to quests. He is trained not to enter the private area of our guests but he will be around in the common area. He does not bite and has NEVER been hostile to any of our quests.
Because we feel that we have to improve our nice place in 2014 we have invested into a New Satelite TV with Hotbird and Astra. Over 1.000 channels for our visitors. Stay tunned for our forthcoming improvements....
We had a fantastic 4 night stay with Theo and Maria. They were both very accommodating and helpful - even lending us bicycles all weekend to get to the beach- only 5 mins cycle away. Their dog was friendly and amusing and the house was fabulous. We had keys to let ourselves in and thorally enjoyed our holiday. The town was untouristy- apart from a few Greeks and the beach was calm and safe with a few tavernas and restaurants nearby. Thank you both so much! Clem and Kate. xx
This was a great choice for spending a night close to the Athens airport. Better than any hotel option we could have done. Maria picked us up and dropped us off at the airport for a 25 euro fee, which was more than worth it considering taxi fares. Even though we arrived late, Maria was there to pick us up, and offered us some homemade Raki to enjoy before bed. She took us to the airport EARLY the next morning without any hesitation. The room and bathroom were very comfortable. Would definitely stay here again!
All smooth! Theo is a great host. He picked us up from the ferry and drove us to the airport in the middle of the night - all for a really great price!
Theo and Maria are wonderful hosts! Maria greeted us at the port and welcomed us to Rafina (coastal city near Athens). Their home is beautiful (just like the pictures). She showed us around the neighborhood and gave us GREAT recommendations for restaurants and activities. Additionally, Maria and Theo lent us their bikes to ride around the city. Overall, we had a wonderful experience! It was the perfect ending to our vacation in Greece. I highly recommend them as hosts!
Theodor and Maria were extremely gracious hosts! Theodor picked us up from the airport and also dropped off at the sea port at the end of our stay for a very fair price which saved us quite a bit of money and hassle with taxis. They also let us borrow their bicycles which proved valuable in their weight in gold. The house is tucked away in a suburban area, but the bikes made the trip to the beach, market, or restaurants a pleasure. The house is absolutely gorgeous! Very modern and the backyard is great to hang out in with a cold frappe frequently offered by the great hosts. We mentioned that we were interested in trying the seafood in Ruffina and Theodor insisted that they could drive us to the neighborhood fish market to pick up the day's catch instead of paying 4x more at a restaurant for the same fish. Maria even cooked the fish for us! On top of all this, we got to sample some amazing olive oil, honey, and liqueur all produced by Maria's parents. It made for a quite an introduction to Greece. Thanks!
As far as I'm concerned, hosts do not get better than Theodor and Maria. We had a quick stopover in Athens en route to the Greek islands. Maria was waiting to pick us up at the airport and recommended numerous places to eat along the way home. When we got to the house (which, I might add, is stunning), she even offered to drive us the other direction in case there was anything else we might like to eat. Truly a lovely person. We met Theodor later who is also just a great guy. To top it off, he got up at 3AM on a work day to drive us to the airport simply because he knows how much taxis in Athens might rip off his guests. I would recommend these delightful people to absolutely anyone looking for a place to stay near the airport in Athens. The absolute best of the best. (They also have the world's nicest dog!)
*I should also mention we were back again to stay with them a few days later en route back home and my review remains the same - equally fantastic, and they once again were able to provide rides both ways to/from the airport.
Lovely place to stay and brilliant hosts . Very nice introduction to Greece , they could have not been more helpful and friendly - would definitely stay again - thank you
Teo and Maria's house is beautiful. It is located very close to the airport which was the one of the main reasons we chose the room. The room we stayed in was in the basement, and although there are no windows it is a very nice room that is well lit and has its own bathroom.
Teo was a wonderful host and picked us up at the port at night and took us to the airport the next day for a reasonable fee. He also showed us many beautiful sites during our drive. Also the morning before we left he took us to this a gorgeous chapel on top of a hill with a wonderful view. Maria was also very kind and made us breakfast and coffee the day we left.
Teo was very responsive to all our questions and we really had a lovely time at their house. We would recommend it to anyone who wished to stay in Athens and hope that we are able to return some day.
It was a very pleasant experience staying in Teo and Maria's place. They were very responsive to all our queries, making us feel right at home. Their place is very well decorated and clean, only a short walk away from the beach and the nearby town. It's also conveniently located near the airport, which makes it much easier if you have a flight to catch.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the final rate, including VAT along with fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the fee charged by Airbnb
This is the fee charged by Airbnb and includes VAT