About this listing
A centrally located apartment offering a very spacious bedroom with a private bathroom with bathtub. You will also have access to most of the apartment, including the living room, dining room, kitchen and large lush balcony, although all these common areas are shared with the host. The apartment is home to 2 lovely and very gentle cats (Bintang and Lucky), therefore you should be aware if you are allergic to cats or perhaps this might be the place to live if you love cats. They are not allowed on any furniture.
The host prefers single females as guests, whilst no other visitors are allowed (unless approved by the host), as it is a private home.
***The listed price of the room of 115 RM per night is for 1 person only. In some cases I will allow a 2nd and 3rd person, however, this is at an extra charge of 75 RM per night/per extra person. Therefore, if 2 people stay it will cost 190 RM per night in total or if 3 people it will cost 265 RM.
*ABOUT THE ROOM/APARTMENT*
The room is large and furnished with a double bed/king sized bed, large wardrobe, a commode with many drawers and it also has a private bathroom with a bathtub. There is an attached balcony that can be used for drying clothes.
- The double-bed itself can accommodate 2 people. If booking for 3 people, a comfortable sofa bed can be placed in the room.
- Free breakfast and wi-fi included in the price.
- Guests are welcome to have unlimited use of the A/C for a surcharge Rm15 otherwise please use the A/C for bedtimes only.
- There is a washing machine available and can be used at a cost of 7 RM per load.
- The living room is equipped with a TV, DVD player and has satellite TV channels, all of which are free to use for the guest, if the host is not using them.
- Free parking for 1 car.
*ABOUT THE HOST*
The host is a very international local - born and raised in Penang/Butterworth but has lived in Europe (Denmark, Germany, Italy) for around 10 years. She knows Penang like the back of her hand and can give you plenty of tips of places to see and things to do. If she has time, she might even be able to take you to visit certain places for sightseeing or dining. She speaks English, Malay, Danish and German.
The apartment itself is located centrally in the Georgetown with the closest amenities being a private hospital about 400 meters away and a supermarket 550 metres away. Penang is famous for its restaurants and hawker stalls and you will often never be more than a few hundred meters away from a place to eat.
The apartment is also about 1.3 to 3km away from the heart of Georgetown, Penang including historic places like Little India, Fort Cornwallis, the Cheong Fatt Tze Mansion and Penang's landmark building, KOMTAR.
About 3km to the north-west you will find Gurney Drive and the popular shopping mall, Gurney Plaza, whilst you can find Batu Ferringhi, it's hotels, restaurants, night markets and beaches about 13km from the apartment.
You will find very cheap busses going in all directions from between 100-500 metres away. Taxi's are plentiful in Penang and I can provide you with the phone numbers of local taxi companies.
- Preferably female guests
- A strictly non-smoking apartment.
- No other guests/visitors allowed (unless approved by the host)
- To reduce costs for guests, please do not leave electricity (lights/air-conditioning/fans) running when not at home or using the room. An extra fee of RM 15 will be charged for the air-conditioning if it is used all day long. Additionally, it is preferred that the fan be used during the day and air-conditioning at night.
- As you will be given a key to a private home, it is expected that you lock both the front door and the gate when leaving.