Sunrise Beach House, is a 2 bedroom 3 storey Teak house on the edge of the Indian Ocean.
Hear the sound of the waves as they brush up against the shore, rise early to witness the dawn of the Morning of the World...
Come and share our little piece of Paradise
Enter the magical world of Sunrise Beach House. Be enchanted by its charm, serenity and beauty. Set in a lush tropical garden, facing East towards the morning sun, in the midst of a small fishing village...you'll only regret that you didn't book this villa for longer.
Away from the tourists areas of southern Bali, and 30 ft from the ocean, you'll have the opportunity to experience the Island as it was many years ago, the temples, craftsmen, religious ceremonies etc.
The waters here are warm and usually calm. Great for swimming, snorkeling and scuba diving nearby.
Our house is solid teak, 3 stories high with 2 large comfortable bedrooms. We can accommodate up to 8 people, with three queen beds and two singles. We also have a baby crib available. It was built to resemble a Black Forest Chalet with numerous decks and balconies, all opening to the ocean. We have AC available in one bedroom.
Our staff will cater to your every need, and can even phone for a local masseuse, set up an appointment with a healer or arrange for dinner to be delivered.
Our rates include a superb breakfast, with a choice of both Western and Balinese foods, internet, air con, laundry and daily cleaning.
We can also arrange to prepare dinner for our guests, or you can order in from several local restaurants.
We have two wonderful staff: Rai and Ketut, who speak English and will assist you with any questions that you may have regarding tours, cultural issues, and help you to understand the Island and its people.
Some Additional Information about our Neighborhood
• Every morning (obviously) in front of your balcony at around 5.30 – 6pm and it’s a great way to welcome the day.
• This is especially lovely at Villa Sunrise as the moon rises over the ocean, making the full moon especially romantic for those on honeymoons.
MIND - BODY - SOUL
•There are a couple of masseuses that will come to the house, and a Spa Center at our neighbor Gaia-Oasis
• You can snorkel right in front of the property. We have two masks and fins available at the house. Right in front of your door is the Indian Ocean. Additional equipment can sometimes be rented from the resort next door. We can also help you rent a kayak.
DOLPHIN SPOTTING: Can be arranged the cost is around RP 300.000 around US 30.00 for a 2 hour trip. Pak Mega and his son Putu are the family fishermen and you can buy tuna or other fish from them in season.
LES SACRED WATERFALL: The sacred waterfall is around 15min away and is a must see site.
DIVING: There are various dive sites in the area.
CEREMONIES: This is the Island of the Gods so many ceremonies throughout the year. The staff can let you know what's going on. We can also arrange a visit with a traditional Balinese healer living in our village.
We are located just in front of a small fishing village, and as such, there are often dogs and chickens who wander onto our property. You may also hear the sounds of chickens and roosters early in the morning. Our area is rural, quiet and very indicative of the true Bali.
Our rates are very reasonable when you consider that you're getting an entire house for the price that you would ordinarily pay for a room!
You have access to the entire house and garden.
There are many walks and wildlife is abundant.
Bicycle, motor bike or car. All these can be arranged for you. We can also arrange a kayak rental, in house massage or a visit to a traditional healer.
Interaction with guests
We have two wonderful staff, Rai and Ketut who will cater to your every need!
Other things to note
There is a holistic center very close and you can dine there and participate in yoga classes. The swimming pool is strictly for their own guests. However, they do have another pool 10 minutes away that we can use for a fee. If we book it with them, they'll provide transportation.
On rare occasions the holistic resort is off limits due to a group booking the whole resort for a private holistic retreat. During these times our staff our happy to order from the many restaurants in the area and bring directly to you or our family can cook meals for you.
There are many walks and wildlife is abundant.
Our staff can also prepare a Balinese for 4 or more persons for an additional fee.
We have a house book with lots of information regarding what to do and see in the area.
Not suitable for pets
No parties or events
Check-in is after 2PM
1. As this is property is made entirely of wood it is not permitted to smoke inside the house. Outside is fine.
2. Candles are strictly not allowed.
3. No loud parties or loud music that disturbs the natural ambiance of the village.
4. The maid service is from 8am - 4pm Mon-Sun. In some circumstances the housekeeper may have temple obligations with his village and he must attend these in keeping with local traditions so please understand that these must be performed to keep harmony and culture alive on our island. You can participate too!
5. If you are eating at the restaurant next door or taking massages, bills must be paid immediately as we are not connected in any way with the retreat center other than them allowing our guests to use some their facilities.
6. Books are for you enjoyment and should not be removed from the premises when you leave as they are for future guests and friends to enjoy.
This host has 390 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
We're a retired American couple, living in Ubud, where we have 4 Air BNB houses available to rent. We also have one on the ocean 2 hours north of Ubud.
We travel extensively, doing home exchanges, renting out our houses and seeing the world.
We are usually on the road at least 6 months per year, visiting friends and family.
Our houses are listed under the name and photo of our don't expect us to look Indonesian!