About this listing
The Himalayan Lodge sleeps 6 and has lots of good karma. The house is located in the historic Old West Side neighborhood, just west of downtown Ann Arbor. The Lodge is a pleasant 10 minute walk from Ann Arbor's vibrant Main Street.
The Himalayan Lodge is a 10 minute walk from Main Street where you'll find fine dining, brewpubs, specialty shops, galleries, museums, theaters and more, all within walking distance. Kerrytown Market and Shops and the Ann Arbor Farmers' Market is a 15 minute walk. The University of Michigan's central campus is a mile from the Lodge and Michigan Stadium is 1.5 miles from the Lodge. You will enjoy this historic home full of good karma in the quiet Old West Side neighborhood near the center of town. All Ann Arbor has to offer is within easy access. The house was built in the 1870s. This home has been well loved for many many years!
Guests will have access to the entire house. The house is certified with the city as a rental property and is registered with the state as an LLC.
Interaction with Guests
I will meet you at the house when you check-in to show you around and give you a key. I am nearby and available to answer your questions and offer recommendations and info about our great city - and to ensure your comfort during your stay. As a Certified Tourism Ambassador (CTA), I hope you have a great visit to Ann Arbor!
The Old West Side neighborhood is just west of downtown Ann Arbor. This is a quiet, family oriented neighborhood, with various parks, playgrounds and green spaces. Eberwhite woods is nearby and is a beautiful place for a walk or a jog. It is a pleasant ten minute walk from the Lodge to downtown Ann Arbor. The Huron River isn't too far, with its network of trails, as well as canoe, kayak and tubing rentals!
The driveway is available for guest parking. One car, maybe two, can fit in the driveway. Otherwise there is plenty of street parking. There are bus stops along the main roads a block away and busses and taxies commute regularly from the Detroit airport to Ann Arbor.
Other Things to Note
$250 surcharge home football weekends and Art Fair. For UM Graduation weekend and special events prices are double.
1. Smoking is NOT allowed.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth in the rental agreement may not stay overnight in the property. Any person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. The Himalayan Lodge is privately owned. The owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that may occur while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. The Guests will keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
5. The Guests will only use appliances for their intended uses.
6. Pets are NOT allowed.
7. We will not rent to vacationing students or singles under 25 years of age.
8. Parties are not permitted on the property.
9. Parking: Vehicles are to be parked along the street or in the driveway by the back door. Blocking the sidewalk is not permitted. There is no parking directly in front of the house. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing. Applicable city fines and towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
10. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. For additional cleanings at your request, including clean linens, there is an additional charge of $65 per cleaning.
11. Water: The plumbing at The Himalayan Lodge is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. If it is found that products have been flushed that clog the system, you could be charged damages of up to $1,000 or more. Do not over stress the system by flushing too much toilet paper at one time.
12. Storms: No refunds will be given for storms or inclement weather conditions. If there is concern that your travels may be delayed or canceled due to weather, then having a travel insurance plan that covers these unforeseen situations may be an important consideration.