About this listing
Retreat from the stress and noise of the world for a while. Come to the Forest Haven where you can enjoy peace and quiet, yet still be just a short drive away from the restaurants and attractions in Charlottesville. Shenandoah National Park and the Blue Ridge Parkway are also within an easy drive. This clean and well maintained home is located in a beautiful wooded setting surrounded by nature and wildlife. Once you get here, you may not want to leave!
* 2000 square foot home located on 3.5 acres in a peaceful, wooded setting.
* Clean and well maintained.
* Sleeping accommodations include a California King bed, a queen bed, and a double bed. A twin sized air mattress is also available.
* Full kitchen includes all expected appliances (Refrigerator, stove, microwave, dishwasher, coffee maker, toaster oven, garbage disposal), as well as the usual supply of dishes, pots and pans, and utensils.
* Enough off-street parking to easily accommodate 4 cars.
* Approximately 15-20 minutes to UVA and downtown Charlottesville. Twenty-five minutes to Shenandoah National Park and Blue Ridge Parkway.
* Good chance of seeing wildlife (deer, squirrels, birds are the most likely visitors. Foxes and raccoons less frequently. Black bear if you are extremely lucky
* This house has a separate basement apartment which my husband and I will be in. These are separate living spaces.
Your accommodation is a three bedroom home located on a 3.5 acre lot in the woods in beautiful Albemarle County, Virginia. This home is in a very quiet, peaceful, and natural setting. Wildlife is abundant. You will see plenty of deer, squirrels, and birds while you are here. You may even see a fox or a raccoon! This is the perfect place if you need to unwind. A nice hiking trail that leads to a river is approximately 150 yards away from our driveway.
The home features hardwood floors throughout, a fireplace, a skylight, and a large deck. There is plenty of off-street parking. All bedrooms are on the second floor. The master bedroom has a firm California-king sized bed and its own bathroom. The second bedroom has a queen-sized bed. The remaining bedroom has a full-sized bed. The second and third bedrooms share a full bathroom. There is an additional half-bath downstairs. The home is clean and up-to-date. It is also freshly painted inside and out. We have wireless Internet, a 50" TV, TiVo, and Netflix. The kitchen is fully outfitted with all the standard appliance, microwave, dishwasher, and all the pots, pans, and dishes that you will need. Laundry facilities are available as well.
The house is located in a very quiet and safe area approximately 8 miles west of Charlottesville. It takes about 15-20 minutes to drive to downtown Charlottesville and the University of Virginia and about twenty-five minutes to drive to the Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive/Shenandoah National Park. My family and I (two adults and one child) are in the basement apartment. We do not smoke and have no pets.
** We ask that you refrain from smoking inside the house and that you respect our no pets policy.**
Interaction with guests
We will be in the basement apartment during your stay (the apartment is a separate living space with its own private entrance. The only time you will see us is if you come looking for us or if you see us walking to our car). Since we will be nearby, we are available to help with any questions you might have about Charlottesville or about the house or to fix any problems that may come up.
Our neighborhood is so full of nature. We have a mix of beautiful Virginia forests, rolling fields, vineyards, and horse farms. Every season is beautiful here. We are within an easy drive of the cultural and historical attractions of Charlottesville, but just far enough out of the city to have true peace and quiet. In the summer when the leaves are on the trees, only one other home is visible from our house. In the winter, only three homes are (barely) visible. Ahhhh....
Regrettably, we have no public transportation in our neighborhood. Transport is by car or bicycle (cycling is a very popular sport here. You will see many cyclists when you visit). I guess you could also ride your horse (horses are a big deal in this part of Virginia), but keep in mind that we don't have a bed for your horse.
- No pets or animals of any kind.
- No indoor smoking.
- Nothing illegal.
- No subletting.
- No overnight guests not included in the Airbnb reservation.
Our insurance company made us put this in...
SHORT TERM RENTAL AGREEMENT
This short-term rental agreement is between Forest Haven, LLC (hereafter “Forest Haven”), the landlord, and the Primary Guest specified in the Airbnb reservation request (hereafter referred to as “Primary Guest”).
By making this Airbnb reservation the Primary Guest accepts this short term rental agreement.
The dates of this agreement are the reservation dates. Incorporated by reference into this short term rental agreement is the accommodation address and owner information in the House Manual in this Airbnb listing.
Check-in date: Per Airbnb reservation
Check-in time: after noon
Check-out date: Per Airbnb reservation
Check-out time: before noon
Primary Guest is responsible for ensuring that the accommodation is left in the condition it was in upon check-in. Primary Guest shall be liable for any damages caused by his or her own acts and omissions (including without limitation failure to timely vacate the accommodation) and also for the acts and omissions of any individuals that Primary Guest invites or otherwise allows into the accommodation.
Additionally, Primary Guest shall comply with the following requests and/or instructions:
- The Owner has the right to inspect the premises without prior notice at any time to enforce the terms of this agreement. Should the Guests violate any of the terms of this agreement, the rental period shall be terminated immediately. The Guests waive all rights to process if they fail to vacate the premises upon termination of the rental period. The Guests shall vacate the premises at the expiration time and date of this agreement.
- The Guests shall maintain the premises in a good, clean, and ready to rent condition, and use the premises only in a careful and lawful manner. The Guests shall leave the premises in a ready to rent condition at the expiration of the rental agreement, defined by the Owner as being immediately habitable by the next guests. Guests shall pay for maintenance and repairs should the premises be left in a lesser condition.
- The Guests shall pay for any damage done to the premises over and above normal wear and tear.
- No animals or pets of any kind are to be brought onto the premises.
- The Guests shall not sublet the property.
- Parking is limited to two vehicles.
- Only use appliances for their intended uses.
- Immediately notify the landlord of any defects or dangerous conditions in and about the premises of which the Guests becomes aware.
- People other than those list in the Airbnb reservation may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of the Primary Guest.
- Forest Haven is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. Forest Haven is not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guests. It is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
- Guests and landlord are entitled to quiet enjoyment of the premises. Guests will not create a nuisance by annoying, disturbing, inconveniencing, or interfering with the quiet enjoyment and peace and quiet of landlord or any other nearby residents.
By completing the Airbnb reservation the Primary Guest acknowledges and agrees to comply with this agreement.
My family and I have lived in Charlottesville for fifteen years. We love the natural beauty that is everywhere around Charlottesville. We go hiking whenever we can. I am a social worker, and my husband is an IT specialist. We have had great experiences through Airbnb. We look forward to meeting you!