About this listing
Main floor, renovated, open concept, Parisian inspired, modern apartment. Clean and welcoming, available for short or long term stays. Over 185 positive host reviews. Great central location, quiet neighbourhood, steps to transit, and stores.
A central location, steps to the bus stop or walk to the subway, to easily get to Down Town Toronto. Walk to High Park, Bloor West Village, or the Junction. Plenty to do and see in this safe neighbourhood.
Grocery stores, variety stores, a farmers market, organic meat store, coffee shops, dry cleaners, laundromat, yoga studio, gym, community centre with a pool, library, and many restaurants are minutes away. Easy to get to from the airport or bus station.
Affordable and private short-term vacation getaway and or corporate/executive housing stays. If you are looking to stay for a few weeks to a few months or longer, happy to consider negotiating services with you. Street parking is available by permit.
The Apartment is a large, ultra clean, private and comfortable, and decorated around the them of Paris!
For your comfort and enjoyment you will find super fast WiFi, that even works in the backyard patio area.
Let's take a Closer Look:
• The Kitchen is nicely equipped with fridge, ceramic cook top, microwave, toaster oven, coffee maker, electric kettle, pots and pans, Brita water filter, serving dishes, cutlery, glassware, cups, cutting boards cooking utensils, napkins and placemats. The kitchen is stocked with coffee, assorted teas, olive oil, vinegar salt, pepper, spices, dish detergent, cleaning supplies, paper towels, food wrap, and plastic bags.
• The Living Room has a comfy sofa and is a great space for reading or relaxing. There is lots of natural light from a large front window, as well as 2 additional lamps. There is also a separate office space where you can get some work done.
• The Bedroom area features a comfortable queen size bed with an organic cotton top mattress, top quality sheets, feather down duvet and extra pillows. Lots of closet space and a full size dresser for clothing storage. There is a night stand with a lamp, with more storage space available.
• The Bathroom is spa inspired, with a huge glass walk in with a rain head shower. There are plenty of luxurious bath towels, a hair dryer, and toiletries.
The unit is completely self-contained, and guests will have access to enjoy a bright, super clean and private apartment. In addition to the apartment space, guests will have access to a shared backyard. Grill on the barbecue or just relax and enjoy some peace and quiet on one of the lounge chairs that are just right for reading, sunbathing or napping. There is a table and chairs with an umbrella that is perfect for outdoor meals!
Interaction with Guests
You can expect complete privacy throughout your visit, but you are more than welcome visit with me for some tips on what to see and do in the city, or where to eat and shop.
Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or special requests (I had someone book a weekend for their honeymoon and requested flowers and champagne) please send an email!
I am available 24/7 for anything that you may need.
The Apartment is located in a safe community, very walkable, with well-lit streets. Public transportation is very convenient. There are TTC bus stops just steps away…
• Pearson Airport – 20 minute drive / 30 minute ride on bus and subway
• Runnymede Subway – 12 minute walk to the subway station / 3 minutes by bus!
• High Park – 20 minutes walking
• Downtown – 25 minutes on subway
• FreshCo Supermarket – 5 minutes walking
• No Frills Supermarket – 10 minutes walking
• Annette Library – 10 minutes walking
• Annette Rec Center/Pool & Gym – 10 minutes walking
• Enterprise Car Rental – 11 minutes walking
• Discount Car Rental – 9 minutes walking
• Canadian Tire – 25 minutes walking
• Home Depot – 25 minutes walking
• Swiss Chalet – 30 minutes walking
• Wal-Mart – 20 minutes walking
Just Minutes Away...
• Tim Horton's
• Liquor and Beer Store
• Yoga Studio
• Pottery Classes
• 2 Nail Salons
• 2 Boutique Design & Gift Stores
• 3 Hair Salons
There are some great restaurants right on Annette Street, moments away, as well as a number of convenience stores that are open late. Within walking distance are a variety of coffee houses, an organic butcher, two restaurants and an excellent fast food local favourite serving pizza, hamburgers, souvlaki, wings, etc.
The neighborhood is also a wonderful place to sample and enjoy a vast array of culinary delights. You can walk to trendy and excellent restaurants at either:
• Bloor West Village: 10 minutes walking south – known for Polish and Ukrainian deli's, fresh fruits and vegetables, wonderful restaurants and boutiques, as well as a movie theatre.
• The Junction: 10 minutes walking north – known for great restaurants, the best chocolate and ice cream stores, bakeries, and as much variety as you would find in any small city as far a food and services.
• Lake Ontario: the boardwalk, the beach (yes we have a beach!!) and Sunnyside outdoor pool, are walking distance (may take 45 minutes to walk and a few minutes to drive there).
Please email me for details if you want to know more.
For those traveling by car, the Gardiner and Lakeshore Blvd. are only ten minutes away and the city core can be reached in 20 minutes. From this location there is easy access to major highways – Gardiner – 401 – Lakeshore – QEW, etc.
PARKING - Free street parking is available in front of the house.
• TRAVEL GUIDE for guests arriving in Toronto via the Pearson International Airport (YYZ). Total travel time is between 45 - 50 minutes by public transport. The fare is $3.00 cash.
Take the Toronto Transit Bus (TTC) called...192 Airport Rocket - 24/7 Airport service to Kipling Station. At Kipling subway station, you can take any train and get off at the Runnymede Subway stop.
At Runnymede station, go up the stairs and take the first bus going North on Runnymede either bus # 71 or bus #79. Get off at Annette Street - about 4 bus stops or so. When you get off the bus, cross the street in front of the bus you just got off and walk about 10 houses down to 589 Annette Street!
Cabs are always an option.
• TRAVEL GUIDE for guests arriving in Toronto via VIA Rail at Union Station.
Total travel time is between 39 - 42 minutes by public transport.
1. Walk 100m to Union Station Northbound Platform towards downs view.
2. Board the Union Station Northbound Platform Subway towards Yonge-University-Spadina. The approximate travel time is about 8 minutes.
3. Transfer subways at St. George Station by exiting the Yonge-University-Spadina line and boarding the Bloor-Danforth Subway on the Westbound Platform.
4. Exit the Subway system at Runnymede Station. The approximate travel time is about 13 minutes.
5. Walk to Runnymede Rd at Bloor St West North Side and board the 71 Runnymede North Bus Towards St Clair OR board the 79 Scarlett Rd Towards Lawrence & Jane (both the 71 and 79 bus will take you to Annette St). The bus runs frequently day and night. The approximate travel time is about 5 minutes.
6. Exit the 71 Runnymede North Bus Towards St Clair at Annette St and walk to 589 Annette St (130m) and you've arrived!
• TRAVEL GUIDE for guests driving from the regions of Ottawa and Montreal or Waterloo.
1. From Highway 401, take exit 359 towards Black Creek Drive – 1.1km.
2. Merge onto ON-400 S – 700m.
3. Take the Jane Street exit – 400m.
4. Turn right onto Jane St (signs for Jane Street S) 6.1km.
5. Turn left onto Annette St, your destination will be on the right (550m).
• TRAVEL GUIDE for guests driving from the QEW/Gardiner.
1. From the Queen Elizabeth Way, continue onto Gardiner Expy E – 5.9km
2. Take the Lake Shore Boulevard exit toward ON-2 – 1.3km
3. Merge onto Lake Shore Blvd W – 550m
4. Turn left onto Windermere Ave – 900m
5. At the roundabout, continue straight to stay on Windermere Ave – 1.1km
6. Turn right onto Bloor St W – 350m
7. Take the 3rd left onto Runnymede Rd – 1.0km
8.Turn left onto Annette St, your destination will be on the left! 120m
Other Things to Note
I also have three other units available for rent which cater to different and diverse needs; please see the description to the right of this information. As I live in a different unit of the house, I will be around should you need anything.
Varying Rates and Length of Stays:
I understand that every traveller has unique and specific accommodation needs. Whether you are looking to stay for a few days, or a few weeks to over a month.
As a frequent traveller, I have utilized Airbnb in other cities and have first-hand knowledge on what it takes to be a great host. As mentioned earlier in this description, I was selected for an interview by the Globe and Mail. They were impressed by the commending reviews of my listing and wanted to know more about being a host with Airbnb. I was also taped for a TV segment on Global News. All this to say, when you make a reservation with me, you don't need to worry about your accommodations; your reservations are secure. The pictures are the real thing. I understand the
utter importance of cleanliness, and you will be treated well.
House rules are simple:
Please treat the space as your own.
Smoking indoors is not permitted.
Please remove your shoes.
Please turn lights off when not in use or leaving the suite, as we conserve energy.
Not suitable for ANY parties or events.
No loud music or guests after 11:00 PM.
No pets please.
Check-in time is 3:00pm, check-out time is 12noon. If we can accommodate earlier or later departures we most certainly will, all you need to do is ask.