About This Listing
I've lived here for 6+ years because the location is unbeatable.
• 3 blocks south of downtown Austin (across the bridge). 10 minute walk to 6th street, 15 to Convention Center
• 1 block west of South Congress street
• across the street from Auditorium Shores
•Just over a mile walk to Zilker Park.
• 1 block from $1 Capital Metro Airport shuttle drop-off (South Congress & Riverside)
• $25 cab ride from airport
• 1-2 blocks north of popular food trailers
• 2 blocks north of Torchy's Tacos
• 1 block west of Threadgill's, Hooter's, Zax Restaurant & Bar, Aussie's Grille & Beach Bar, and The Upper Decks
• 1st floor apartment
• 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom with full-size shower
• 1 Queen size bed (fits two comfortably)
• 1 giant couch
• 1 Lazy Boy recliner
• room for one or two air mattresses to accommodate more people, if necessary
• Extra bed linens and towels
Other Feature & Amenities:
• Full kitchen with equipment and utensils. Coffee machine, fridge, stove, full over & toaster oven (no microwave)
• TV, Blu Ray Player and stereo
• Community Laundy Facility ($1.25 to wash, $1.00 to dry)
• High-pressured, very hot water in shower
• Plenty of closet space
• just over 1 mile from Zilker Park and Mopac
• just over 1 mile from I-35
Laundry room nearby.
Interaction with Guests
I know most of my neighbors on a first name basis. They're all in their late 20s-early 30s.
Very safe spot, though at SXSW or ACL, it probably won't be the quietest. A couple of burger joint a stone's throw away (literally). South Congress and South First are ground zero for cool in Austin right now, and South Lamar is less than a mile to the west. Zilker is an 18 minute walk just down Barton Springs road.
There are 3 bus stops within a 3 minute walk. OR you can walk downtown in 10.
—I have a cat (though neither of us will be there) so if anyone is allergic, it's probably not the place for you.
—Because it's an apartment, it's expected that guests remain fairly quiet and courteous to my neighbors.
—No smoking. However, there is a community patio out my back door if you'd like to.
Queen sized bed. 5'x5' walk-in closet will be available to use. Cat, guitar and amp will not, however.
I had a terrific stay at Sean's. Location can't be beat, short walk across the bridge to everything downtown. Sean was very responsive and communicative. I also heard the place is going to be renovated so expect even more modern and updated than the current photos!