About this listing
Come and enjoy one of the most lovely regions of France. Our farmstead offers accommodation for a stay for seekers of peace, dreamers and people who have something to celebrate.
We offer guests a delightful place in a beautifully renovated 200 year old farmhouse/ gîte. The farmhouse consists of 3 bedrooms:
1) The Annex: a large bedroom with 2 double beds and 2 single beds
2) The Writer’s House, a cosy, comfortable single bed in a separate, refurbished building
3) The Baker’s House: a double bed in another separate, fully renovated building that houses the authentic bread oven.
Guests can choose the rooms they want to stay in.
If you make a booking, there will be no other guests staying in the farmhouse at the same time, so that you will enjoy in full privacy the peacefulness of the place.
The gîte is self-contained, and adjoins the main house, where your hostess Hannamaria lives. The main house has a separate entrance.
The facilities for the exclusive use of our guests include:
1) The summer kitchen. A fully equipped kitchen.
2) Guest bathroom (toilet, wash basin and shower). NB from the Baker's House and the Writer's House it is about 15 meter to this bathroom.
3) The theatre: The renovated main barn of the farm. It is an unusual and enchanting gathering place, a pleasant and impressive space with huge wooden doors that are open to the sun all day long. The stage invites anyone and everyone to improvise whatever performance they have to share, but guests can also simply soak up its ambience to talk, read, or just enjoy the views.
4) There are two large gardens at your disposal, with various lovely nooks to relax and enjoy the wonderful green and peaceful landscape dotted with beautiful flowers and fruit trees. Guests can use the barbecue, deck chairs, parasol and other outdoor furniture.
All guests may cook in the fully equipped Summer Kitchen. The kitchen has a couch and dining table and there is free WiFi connection. On the upper level is a fully equipped bathroom with shower, toilet and washbasin. There is also a second separate toilet and washbasin available.
Hannamaria lives in the main house next to the gîte. Sometimes she will be in the garden to take care of it, but always on an appropiate distance.
Interaction with Guests
Hannamaria is available every morning for questions about anything around your stay. She can provide information about the environment and tips about where to go and what to see. All is optional, of course.
The farm lies in a fertile region and belongs to the department which limits are determined by two big rivers, the Saône and the Loire. This part of the campagne, the French countryside, is of an extraordinary beauty. The velvety green rolling hills, the wide sky, the peaceful grazing white cows and the low cut hedges which separate the fields from each other and and which decorate the landscape like a winding ribbon, build up, together with the stone houses of the many villages, an harmonious unity. A walk through them, is always a special experience, the stones tell their story…
South-Burgundy is a paradise for walking and cycling. I am a keen walker myself and in the the years I have lived here, I have designed many attractive routes. I’ve also created descriptions for car touring to charming and characteristic villages and little towns. The beauty and history here are truly remarkable, and I still find myself discovering new places! I’ll happily advise you of the many places of interest you can reach by foot, cycle or car. I invite you to come to Saint-André-le-Désert in the splendid green hills of la Bourgogne du Sud. I’m sure this piece of paradise will capture your heart and imagination.
Public transport is not really nearby. A car is the best way to get around. There is a private parking next to the gîte.
In case you come by train, there is a possibilty to be picked up bij Hannamaria at the TGV train station in Macon. There will be some costs charged to cover the fuel expenses.
Other Things to Note
Rates are as follows
30th May until 4th July and 30th August until 27th September: you pay € 50,00 per night for 2 persons. Minimum stay is three nights. Would you like to stay longer? You are welcome! In that case you will pay € 40,00 per extra night. For every extra person (upto 6 people in total) you pay € 20,00 per night per booking.
4th Juli until 30th August: you pay € 60,00 per night for 2 persons. Minimum stay is three nights. Would you like to stay longer? You are welcome! In that case you will pay € 50,00 per extra night. For every extra person (up to 6 people in total) you pay € 30,00 per booking.
Prices include towels, linen, full use of the Summer Kitchen and WiFi. VAT (tourist tax) is included.
In consultation pets are allowed.