With 5 beautifully decorated & newly furnished suites we offer in room amenities which include free Wi-Fi, LCD/HD flat screen TV, cable, refrigerator, Kitchenette, linens and much more. On-site washer/dryer and gazebo BBQ kitchen area.
Come enjoy a fun filled getaway in one of our 5 beautifully decorated & newly furnished rooms located across from Kahalu'u Bay one of Kona's premier snorkeling & surfing areas.
Relax and unwind in one of our ocean or garden view rooms with lanai and reserved parking. This is the perfect vacation rental for that long overdue getaway or a fun filled Hawaiian adventure with your best friends. Conveniently located near the Keauhou Shopping Center. This is truly your home away from home. Come enjoy and see why this is the perfect place to spend your next vacation.
We offer in room amenities which include free Wi-Fi, LCD/HD flat screen TV, cable, refrigerator, Kitchenette, linens and much more. On-site washer/dryer and gazebo BBQ area. We are a small quiet non-smoking adult retreat property.
If you're travelling in a larger group, consider booking some of our other rooms as well! (Each room accommodates 2 guests.)
Terms of the Agreement:
1. Big Island Retreat has the right to inspect the premises without prior notice at any time to enforce the terms of this agreement. Should the guest violate any of the terms of this agreement, the rental period shall be terminated immediately. The Guest(s) waive all rights to process if they fail to vacate the premises upon termination of the rental period. The Guest (s) shall vacate the premises at the expiration time and date of this agreement.
2. The Guest(s) shall maintain the premises in a good, clean, and ready to rent condition, and use the premises only in a careful and lawful manner. The guest(s) shall leave the premises in a ready to rent condition at the expiration of the rental agreement, defined by Big Island Retreat as being immediately habitable by the next guest(s). Guest(s) shall pay for maintenance and repairs should the premises be left in a lesser condition. The guest(s) agree that Big Island Retreat shall deduct costs of said services from the security deposit prior to refund if guest(s) cause damage to the premises or its furnishings.
3. The guest(s) shall dispose of all waste material generated during the rental period in a lawful manner and put the trash in the bins along the driveway during their stay for pickup. Thursday is when garbage is picked up early morning. Guest(s) is cautioned not to leave trash outside for long periods of time because it attracts animals.
4. The guest(s) shall pay for any damage done to the premises over and above normal wear and tear.
5. No animals or pets of any kind will be brought on the premises.
6. The guest(s) shall not sublet the property.
7. The guest(s) shall have no more than 2 (two) persons reside or sleep in room or on the premises. Only those identified on this agreement.
8. The guest(s) shall behave in a civilized manner and shall be good neighbors respecting the rights of the surrounding property owners. The guest(s) shall not create noise or disturbances likely to disturb or annoy the surrounding property owners. Creating a disturbance of the above nature shall be grounds for immediate termination of this agreement and guest(s) shall then immediately vacate the premises. Quiet hour starts at 8 PM -8 AM noise should be kept to a minimum.
9. There shall be no smoking inside the premises, driveway or roadway to property.
10. Big Island Retreat shall provide towels and linens. Toilet paper, soap, dish detergent, laundry soap, shampoos, and other consumables are to be purchased by the guest(s). No reimbursement will be made for unused consumables left at the premises. If consumables exist at the premises when the guest(s) arrives the guest(s) is free to use them...
11. The guest(s) and their guest(s) shall hereby indemnify and hold harmless Big Island Retreat against any and all claims of personal injury or property damage or loss arising from use of the premises regardless of the nature of the accident, injury or loss. Guest(s) expressly recognize that any insurance for property damage or loss which Big Island Retreat may maintain on the property does not cover the personal property of guest(s).
12. Guest(s) agree to pay all reasonable costs, attorney's fees and expenses that shall be made or incurred by owner enforcing this agreement.
13. Guest(s) expressly acknowledge and agree that this Agreement is for transient occupancy of the Property, and that guest(s) do not intend to make the property a residence or household.
14. There shall be no refunds due to shortened stays or ruined expectations because of weather conditions.
15. There shall be no refunds of rents because of shortened stays or ruined expectations due to work and family emergencies or other commitments.
16. Guest(s) agrees that Fireworks and other hazardous materials shall not be used in or around the property.
17. Guest(s) shall use the property for legal purposes only and other use, such as but not limited to, illegal drug use, abuse of any person, harboring fugitives, etc.; shall cause termination of this agreement with no refund of rental deposits.
18. The property has a fire extinguisher installed in the room. The fire extinguisher was fully charged at last inspection. It is the duty of the guest(s) to inform management immediately should the fire extinguisher become less than fully charged. Guest(s) agrees to use the fire extinguisher only for true emergencies.
19. Guest(s) shall see to their own security while in the property by locking doors, windows, etc. when it’s prudent to do so.
20. Valuable items left behind by tenant will be held for the guest(s) and every reasonable effort will be made to contact the tenant for return. If items are not claimed for longer than 2 months they shall become the property of Big Island Retreat. Big Island Retreat shall not be held liable for condition of said items.
21. High speed wireless internet is provided as a convience only and is not integral to the agreement. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, speed, access problems, lack of knowledge of use, or personal preferences with regard to internet service.
22. Guest(s) will be provided with 1 (one) parking space.
In the event that a pet or person (s) not agreed upon as a renter and is found on the premise during your stay Big Island Retreat shall have the right to ask you to leave the premises immediately with no refund of monies paid.
Great place to stay, highly recommended. Very relaxed yet professional atmosphere. The location is terrific if you love snorkeling in particular as it is a few minutes' walk from some of the best on the island. The accommodation was beautiful. We had the two-storey Seaview Room so lots of space to relax in with wonderful views of the ocean and sunset from our bedroom and balcony. If I return to Kona I'll definitely stay here again. Also it was very romantic so highly recommended for couples :)
We stayed in the Orchid room and loved our time at Big Island Retreat. The location is perfect..basically across from the ocean/snorkel spot and with a view from balcony of room! BIR has parking and all the goodies you need for a beach day. Surfboards, towels, mats, chairs, etc. Gigi the property manager is super sweet and Randy is a wonderful host. We wouldn't hesitate to stay again. Don't think twice, book your room!
We had an absolutely amazing stay at the big island retreat. Randy was very kind and welcoming when we arrived. The room was beautiful and the view was stunning, perfect for enjoying ones morning coffee. The nearby beach park was perfect for snorkeling(randy had gear we could use free of charge), we got some great footage of the colorful fish and we where even so lucky that we saw a sea turtle on the beach and got to swim with one in the ocean! All in all a perfect stay on big island. We will definitely be staying at the big island retreat if and when we return :)
Ich habe vier Tage in der Pineapple Suite verbracht und kann das BIR nur wärmstens empfehlen. Ryan und Shannon waren immer hilfsbereit und haben versucht einen unvergesslichen Aufenthalt zu gestalten. Immer wieder!
We had a great time at BIR and Big Island. We felt like home. Randy and Shannon are great hosts. He is always there if you need anything. It is a perfect base to explore the Island. We were there for 14 days. First in the Aloha Room and than in the Orchid Room. Both were with Oceanview and when you lay in bed you could listen to the Ocean...great! The Kitchenette is perfect and well equiped with all you need. Randy and Shannon provided a lovely basket with coffee, pinapple, chocolate as a welcome-present! There were also enough (beach-) towels, coolers, umbrellas, 2 Surfboards,... and other beachgear. The beach is just 2Minutes away, a great snorkel spot with lots of turtles! White Sands Beach is a 5Min drive by car. We tried to discover the whole Island :-) But we definitely have to come back. We also worked as Volunteers at the IRONMAN. This was a great experiance and lots of fun! We recommend this lovely place for an unforgettable stay on this great Island with great hosts!
This place was fantastic. The room was beautiful and has a nice balcony facing the ocean (it was great falling to sleep earning the sea). It is very well located and we made a great use of the barbecue (Tip: you can buy fresh Hawaiian wildly caught fish at the super market near by and do you own bbq).
Randy + Shannon, waren sehr fürsorglich und alles war excellent vorbereitet als ich angekommen bin. Ich würde auf jeden Fall wieder kommen beim nächsten Mal.
This host has 75 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
My wife Shannon and I fell in love with the Big Island and it's Aloha spirit the first time we vacationed on the island. We knew that there was something very special about Hawaii, specifically the Big Island and after about a year we made the decision to make Kona our home.
We have found that life on the Big Island is paradise and more...the weather always warm and comfortable, snorkeling and surfing just a few steps away and being able to have shops, restaurants being so close you can walk to them and the access of public transportation just up the road.
Our property is very special to us and knew the very first moment we saw it that it was home. We have created a wonderful vacation rental property with 5 beautifully and newly decorated rooms with either a partial ocean view or garden view, lanai to watch stunning sunsets and a fully equipped gazebo BBQ area.
We are tucked in amongst a quiet neighborhood though steps away from the beach all ones hears is the surf.
We welcome you to come enjoy and see why this is the perfect place to spend your next vacation.
Randy & Shannon