- PRIVATE ENTRANCE
- 9' x 11' (not counting entryway, or 110 sq. feet total)
- FURNISHED (twin bed, desk, wardrobe, dresser)
- WIRELESS INTERNET
- 2nd Floor walk-up, pre-war building
- Exposed brick
- Lots of NATURAL LIGHT
- Quiet and clean
- Large fully equipped kitchen (dishwasher!)
- Grocery, Drug, and Laundry all on the corner
- Near ACE, NRQW, and other Times Square trains
The apartment is arranged "shotgun" or "railroad" style, with one BR at front (street side) and one BR at the rear (the room featured here) with shared kitchen and bathroom in between. There is a separate entrance to each side of apartment, so privacy is easily achieved.
A large open park next door and windows in every room means the apartment is well lit throughout, including the rear bedroom as seen in photographs. The bedroom is also well insulated from street noise.
Clean linens and towels are provided.
Kindly e-mail before officially requesting a reservation, and please tell me as much as you can about yourself, the purpose of your trip, and an idea of your routine while you're here, especially if you do not have this info in your profile or if you have not yet received any reviews.
Look forward to hearing from you!
First and foremost, please feel comfortable and at home during your stay!
Respectful and courteous, quiet and tidy guests are always appreciated.
A few guidelines:
Clean sheets and towels will be provided on check-in
No official breakfast provided, but I usually rise early for coffee and toast; feel free to share! As for other groceries, use anything you like but be mindful of asking ahead of time and/or replacing. Use any "put away" space for groceries that suits you.
Common areas are defined as the kitchen and bathroom.
I will provide you with a set of keys during your stay (please do not duplicate or lose). Check in time is flexible, meaning we can discuss and plan any arrangement in advance. If you need to check in between 9am and 6pm (my work hours) it's not a problem, but I may need to provide you with a key another way. I would prefer to be at home to meet you upon your arrival, but my apologies if I'm unable!
Please do not:
- Smoke (anything) inside the apartment, out the window, or on the fire escape
- Rearrange the furniture in any way without asking
- Accumulate food or dishes in the bedroom (the kitchen is at your disposal)
- Turn off lights and electronics when leaving the apartment, and use a minimum of lighting in the common areas when possible (I prefer to rely on natural light as much as possible).
- Regarding the window AC, please power off when leaving the apartment, but on hot days, feel free to set the timer delay to go on an hour or so in advance of your return.
- Always lock the deadbolt from outside before leaving the building and keep windows locked whenever not in use.
- Keep noise to a minimum at all times (including music, radio, internet streaming, etc.)
- Please do not invite guests to the apartment, and be aware this is a single occupancy listing.
- Keep room and common areas neat and tidy in general and leave room in reasonably clean condition (thorough cleaning is not necessary)
Let me know if there's anything I can provide or help with during your stay!
Nick was extremely welcoming and hospitable for the duration of my stay. His place is conveniently located near pretty much everything you would want to see in the city. His apartment is clean, quiet and has an extra room with a private door. I highly recommend staying at Nick's place if you will be spending any time in NYC.
If you like vibrant cities, Broadway, Central Park or the Opera: stay at Nicks. Not only is he a great, friendly and helpful host, but his apartment is in a great location just minutes from all above mentioned, lots of little bars, restaurants and just 2 blocks from the subway to get anywhere else.
Great communication. Everything was clean. Highly recommended.
Nick was very nice, accommodating, and non-intrusive. The apartment was very clean and the room was cozy. It was also great to have the direct entrance to the room so I could come and go as I pleased.
Nick was responsive to questions prior to my arrival. He also accommodated my late arrival (3am) and made sure I settled in well. Room has a separate entrance but shared kitchen and bathroom so perfect mix of privacy and socializing. Great location, a few minutes walk to Times Square. Try out Jolly Goat Coffee a couple of blocks away in the morning before you head out to the sights. Thanks Nick!
Nice room with seperate entrance, which gives your more privacy. The room was very clean, warm (my stay was in december) and had everything what I needed. The communication with Nick was easy, he always responded quick to messages and any questions. I felt very welcomed. I would defintly stay there again.
Just as described, great welcome as well. I have stayed here several times now, great property.
This was a return trip to this property. Enough said? Great host, great location, great place.
I've lived in New York for eleven years. Went to school for art and design and now work in visual display at the corporate level. Like to go out for crazy adventures in the city, but my habits at home are that of someone much older. Like to get up early, make some coffee and toast and read the paper (usually a real one, though I love my i-devices as much as the next person). Keep things pretty quiet around here except perhaps for the gentle hum of an NPR station in the background.
Love to play host but also like to give someone their privacy and make them feel at home in my home. It helps that the apartment has separate entrances. Have lived in this 2 bedroom for 7 years and in spite of it's quirks, I love it's character and have worked hard to make it comfortable. Renting out the extra room is a nice way to bring in some extra funds and have some company for a short time.
Look forward to meeting you!