About this listing
Free unlimited WIFI.
Private entrance, cosy courtyard verandah with hammock.
Complimentary coffee/tea, local tropical fruit & breakfast basket.
Electric kettle, fridge, toaster & utensils.
8 mins to Cenang beach by car.
Max 3 adults.
Situated 5 minutes by car to the popular and busy Cenang beach, Langkawi with it's white sandy beaches, many shops & restaurants to choose from and 15 minutes by car to the airport, TERATAK DAMAI LANGKAWI, Rustic Rural Retreat is a self-catering Guesthouse and home on 1.25 acres of gated compound surrounded by paddy (rice) fields and verdant gardens.
It offers views of the Mat Cincang mountain and encounters with water buffaloes, open country and coastal birds and the elusive Colugo or Flying Lemur for nature lovers.
The Malay word "Teratak" is used to describe temporary dwellings in an orchard and "Damai" in malay means "Peace".
DAMAI 2, our rustic contemporary "kampung" (village) Suite with enclosed private veranda sleeps 3 to a room. This spacious (500sq ft) suite with full room amenities and free WiFi, boasts a ceiling height of 20ft is fan cooled and requires no air-conditioning. The double doors are screened (mosquito screen) to allow you to sleep with it open at night for air-flow. It is furnished with 1 king-sized bed, 1 daybed, hot-shower, electric kettle, toaster, fridge, coffee & tea.
Kedawang Supermarket and Cenang Supermarket where you can get your dry goods, Cemara Pharmacy and a village Laundry are only 5-10 minutes away by bicycle.
For those wanting to try local food, there are many warungs or local eateries along Jalan Kedawang after the PETRONAS petrol station and Jalan Kuala Muda after Bon Ton.
There is also a Night Market every Tuesday night with a colourful assortment of local food & wares which is also 5-10 minutes away by bicycle along Jalan Kedawang.
Take a walk or cycle (we have 3 bicycles available) through the peaceful village roads, take part in the many nature activities available on the island, learn to play the guitar, have a massage or simply lay in bed, enjoy the breeze & allow the gentle coo of the wood pigeons to lull you to sleep.
Being a tropical island surrounded by untouched nature and the Geopark a UNESCO Heritage Site, geckos, mosquitoes and bugs are a fact of life on the island. In your room at your disposal are mosquito coils, electric mosquito repellent & bug spray.
We aim to provide you with the time & space to de-stress, live a little life in an area where there's room to breathe & allow the natural surroundings to soothe your soul. TERATAK DAMAI LANGKAWI is a place of solitude and respite.
A mini lending library with a resource section of books & brochures on Malaysian & Langkawi flora & fauna, places of interest, history & culture is available at your disposal within the "Rumah Ibu" or Main House.
Our doors at the Rumah Ibu are open from 10am-7pm. Should you require information, help or assistance, please message me on the Airbnb wall.
We offer complimentary airport or jetty transfer service upon your arrival and on your departure.
Please provide us with your flight arrival details (flight number & arrival time OR boat departure time and name of port of departure) once you have confirmed booking for pick-up.
A complimentary basic Breakfast Basket of seasonal fresh fruit, 1 loaf of bread, Kaya (a traditional jam made of palm sugar, coconut milk & eggs), 1/2 dozen eggs & 1st bottle of 1.5liter mineral water await upon your arrival. We do not serve daily breakfast.
How To Get To LANGKAWI From KUALA LUMPUR (Flight)
There are about 15 daily flights to Langkawi from Kuala Lumpur via 3 main airlines :- Malaysia Airlines (from KLIA), AirAsia (from LCCT near KLIA) & Firefly (from Subang Airport). You can check online for flights, prices & bookings.
How To Get To LANGKAWI From KUALA PERLIS (Passenger Ferry)
Ferry ride to Langkawi from Kuala Perlis takes 45 minutes @ RM18 per person one way.
FERRY SCHEDULE to LANGKAWI from KUALA PERLIS
7am, 8.15am, 9.30am, 10.45am, 12noon, 1.30pm, 3pm, 4.30pm, 6pm, 7pm (last ferry)
As our guests, you will have access to our grounds but not the building & grounds behind the Rumah Ibu or kitchen within the Rumah Ibu/Main House.
You will have access to the mini library within the Rumah Ibu/Main House from 10am-7pm & complimentary use of any of our 4 bicycles (subject to availability).
All our rooms Damai 1, 2 & Teratak 1 are separate buildings from the Rumah Ibu/Main House.
Interaction with Guests
We live onsite and are available for information & inquiries during your stay but will also give you plenty of privacy for you to enjoy your holiday should you choose to.
Kindly message me in my Airbnb In-box should you not be able to find me on the grounds as I may be running errands.
We live in a scenic working village surrounded by paddy fields. You will encounter many migratory birds, wildlife & livestock. Kingfishers, eagles, occasional hornbills, cow egrets, coucals, the elusive nocturnal colugo (flying lemur), monitor lizards & water buffaloes to name a few. You will also encounter children playing traditional kites during the harvest (hot & dry) season, fishing in the rice fields, farmers tending their crops & fishermen mending their nets.
The best way to get around the island is by Scooter or Car rental. There are no public buses on the island. Taxi is available through-out the island and list of Taxi Rates is in our Info Booklet in the room.
SCOOTER RENTAL is between RM30-45 per day.
CAR RENTAL is between RM90-150 per day.
Getting back to our place from Cenang beach by taxi would cost you between RM12-14 one way.
There is an Information Booklet in the all our rooms with island map, brochures, Taxi rates & Numbers included.
Please don't forget to bring at least a copy of your Driver's License.
Other Things to Note
Please complete your AIRBNB Profile (at least verify email & contact number). We will automatically DECLINE guests with empty profiles.
Once you have confirmed your bookings with Airbnb, it's important that you message us in advance your Arrival & Departure Date Flight Details (Arrival Date Time/Departure Date Time & Arrival Flight Number) for us to schedule cleaning & pick-up times in our working day.
EXAMPLE : 1) Arrival Date/ETA/Flight Numbe(URL HIDDEN) 2) Departure Date/ETD
TERATAK DAMAI LANGKAWI
1. Please take off your shoes before entering your room. Note that it is customary to leave shoes outside before entering a home in Malaysia especially in Muslim homes because the floor area is used for prayer and floors are kept clean at all times.
2. Please assist us in conserving energy by switching OFF all lights, water-heater & fans before leaving your room.
3. Please DO NOT smoke in the bedroom or toilet.
4. DO NOT throw anything other than toilet tissue down the toilet bowl as this will result in blockages.
5. Please be informed that we do not have daily house-keeping. Towels & sheets will be changed upon request.
6. Please throw all rubbish into the black bin provided on the veranda & rubbish will be thrown out every other day.
7. We recycle ALUMINIUM cans, kindly throw all aluminium cans in the black bin near the gate.
8. Kindly observe the sensitivities of kampong (village) life & its' people by not sun-bathing in the open, walk, jog, cycle in a bikini top, throw beer cans or bottles in your immediate surroundings or be loud & boisterous till the early hours of the morning.
9. Our doors at the RUMAH IBU or Main House are open from 10am-7pm. Should you require information, help or assistance you can always find me at the Rumah Ibu or on the grounds.
10. As this is our private home and we live on site, we have a policy of no visitors or guests of guests on the premises or in the rooms without prior permission from us (the owners).
11. Please keep the main gate to the compound closed at all times. This is to keep the cows, water buffaloes & stray dogs out of our compound.
12. Please try to keep the noise level down when returning late at night in respect to other guests on the compound who might be sleeping or resting. Because we live surrounded by padi fields which can be very quiet at night apart from the sound of nature, human noise (eg. music, loud talking) tend to be amplified & will startle the resident guard turkey who will gobble loudly in protest. :)
13. Upon CHECKING OUT, please return your room key to us. We charge RM20 for loss of room key.
14. Please LOCK your doors before leaving your room. We are not responsible for the safety of your personal belongings. Just as in any home, doors must be locked before leaving.
15. Strictly NO recreational drugs on the premise.