About this listing
If you want to be away from it all but yet again be in the middle of Crete giving you access to most of the island, then you found your place.
In 1900 it was first built but been fully rebuilt and operated in 2012. This historical building can accommodate up to 15 people since it’s a 500 sqm building with a 100 sqm private pool. It’s excellent for big groups that want to be situated in the middle of Crete, giving you the chance to visit the entire island.
This building is divided in three different houses/apartments along with a breakfast/dinner area, a communal kitchen and that’s because in two of the small apartments there is no kitchenette. Only in the big house (130sqm), where its name came from the owner that first build the house ‘Spanos’, there is a fully equipped kitchen along with a living room, a dining area, two double bedrooms, two bathrooms. It can take up to 7 people and it’s situated on the top of the building. In the lower level the other apartment ‘Fournos’ can take up to 5 people since there is one double bedroom, one bedroom with two single beds, one living area along with a dining table and one bathroom. Next to ‘Fournos’ our last apartment is named ‘Axeronas’ and can sleep 3 people since there is only on double bed and one sofa bed in the living room. All of them have Wi-Fi, air-conditioning, Satelite TV & LCD TV with USB input, fireplace, living room and refrigerators. There is a communal area where you can find a large flat screen TV, DVD, Stereo system, play cards, some other games like backgammon, a PC with printer and fax machine. Next to this area the dining area for the entire group and a communal kitchen is there for you to prepare your dinner or breakfast. For a small fee the owners can prepare your breakfast or dinner if you wish to relax and do nothing at all.
On the outside and within the 20 acres of land, there is ‘Dafni’ the owner’s horse where guests can take her for a ride. By the pool there is a BBQ area and a small bar where you can sit and enjoy the panoramic views of the landscape. The pool is 100 square metres, with a depth of 1.60 metres, children’s pool 40cm deep, with overflow system providing sodium chloride electrolysis. The seawater has emollient properties so that the skin and hair retain their smooth texture and do not become dry and brittle as happens when using chlorine. Another very important factor is that when the water passes through the electrodes, chloramines (‘dead chlorine’ which causes the chlorine smell and stinging eyes) are destroyed, leaving the water fresh and healthy, and ideal for children.
CreteVillas4u General Services:
-Cleaning Twice per week (1 week stay means 1 time cleaning/linen change, 2 weeks stay means 3 times cleaning)
-Chef Services in Villa
-Car Rental Service with additional discount for our guests
-Wine Tasting in Villa
To all the property and its grounds
Interaction with guests
We will be there to help any time you need us in case of emergency or if you are looking for a good restaurant.
Other things to note
The onwers live in the property in an individual studio but they are there to help if needed. As you can see in the reviews, all of our previous guests, loved them.
1. People other than those in the Guest party that has been booked, may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of the Guest and we have to be informed.
2. You can arrive at your accommodation after 15:00 on the Arrival Date of your holiday and you must leave by 11:00 on the Departure Date. But in any case if you wish to arrive earlier or depart later than the mentioned hours feel free to contact us and we will fulfill your request if the villa is available with no extra cost.
If your arrival will be delayed, you must contact us so that alternative arrangements can be made. If you fail to do so you may not be able to gain access to the Property. If you fail to arrive by midday on the day after the Arrival Date and you have not contacted us, we may treat the booking as having been cancelled by you.
3. Every effort has been made to ensure that you have an enjoyable and memorable holiday. If however, you have any cause for complaint it is important that remedial action is taken as soon as possible.
It is essential that you contact us if any problem arises so that it can be speedily resolved. It is often extremely difficult (and sometimes impossible) to resolve difficulties properly unless we are promptly notified. Discussion of any criticisms with us whilst you are in residence will usually enable shortcomings to be rectified straightaway. In particular, complaints of a transient nature(example: electric power issues, warm water is out etc.) cannot possibly be investigated unless registered whilst you are in residence.
4. In case that you will find something is broken in the property, you must notify us within 48 hours of check in. After this time, the damage maybe be requested to be paid by you on spot.
5. Smoking is allowed but we do prefer that tenants will smoke outside the villa and not inside.
6. Just outside the entrance there is space for you to leave the cars.
7. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. We do have cleaning and linen changed twice per week. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units. In Any case if you wish for the villa to be cleaned more often, it’s possible for an extra charge.
8. Hot Tub: No children under the age of 5 permitted in hot tubs at any time without adult supervision. When using the hot tub, remember there is a certain health risk associated with this facility. Use at your own risk. Our housekeepers drain, sanitize, refill and replenish chemicals in all tubs prior to your arrival therefore it may not be warm until later that evening.
9. Pool: The pool is not covered, built to the standards of the Greek Tourism Organization EOT. Parents have full responsibility for supervision of their minor children No children under the age of 12 permitted the pool at any time without adult supervision. When using the pool, remember there is a certain health risk associated with this facility. Use at your own risk.
10. Fireplace: The fireplace is working with wood which will be provided. Please do not throw any paper or other combustible materials in the fireplace. Fireplaces can be used during this time of the year.
11. Tenants agree to respect the property. In case of any damage that will be made, the tenants will have to pay the cost on spot and before living the villa
12. The owner agrees to provide a clean home, cleaned just before the arrival of tenants.
Cleaning is done by us, changing towels and bed linen is included in the price.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
This host has 122 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I am Manos, owner and manager of CreteVillas4U. I have been in the hospitality sector long before CreteVillas4U, however. I was actually born, grew up, and spent most of my life in a hotel owned by my family. So, I guess it came as no surprise when I expressed my wish to study in Rhodes’ Tourism School and, later on, when I decided to start my own business in the sector.
One thing I learned growing up in a family-run hotel is that hospitality is more than hotel management, logistics and operations. It is a culture, passing down from one generation to the next. You can study to be a hotel manager but you cannot study to be hospitable.
I apply this philosophy in my business as well. The rule is simple: the guests of the villas I manage are my guests. As an active traveller, I expect nothing less myself.
The fourth generation of Dafermos hoteliers has already been born. I know now that my two beautiful children will probably follow my steps, like I did before them. There is a small difference though: they are smarter, more educated, better (big smile).
All the best,