About this listing
Comfortable room in a stylishly decorated retro townhouse. Great location, close to the beach and all the action of St Kilda.
MY HOME :
Enjoy vibrant St Kilda, and Melbourne whilst basing yourself at my stylish ( retro / mid-century modern style ),
2 storey townhouse.
My home is within easy walking distance to all that St Kilda has to offer. It is conveniently located only a block from famous St Kilda beach, cafes, bars, and shops, yet it is wonderfully quiet, as it is set well back from the noise and traffic of the street, ensuring a good night's sleep.
The area is very well connected with public transport, with a bus, train and tram stops close by. There is also a great network of bicycle tracks around the city and along the bay to explore - and free use of my bicycle!
As a guest in my home you may share my living space, or have as much privacy as you desire. I have 2 living areas both with televisions, so a certain degree of autonomy is possible, however the kitchen and bathroom are shared.
The shared bathroom has a reliable hot water supply, and is fitted with a bath tub, separate shower, and vanity unit. The toilet is separate from the bathroom.
There are 2 toilets - one downstairs and the other upstairs,
so I can offer you the private use of the upstairs toilet during your stay if you would prefer ( i.e.: I can use the toilet downstairs most of the time if you request this ).
The kitchen is due for an update, but is perfectly OK in its' present "original 1980's" state. Despite being dated, it's clean and has a dishwasher and everything you may need if you are wanting to cook, however from my experience, that is the last thing you need to do on your holiday, especially when there is a plethora of restaurants and cafes nearby to satisfy all tastes.
My home has a sunny front courtyard, and a large lush back yard for you to enjoy also.
The bedroom itself is upstairs, and is bright, quiet and comfortable, with a lovely private leafy outlook from the window. The bed is a very comfortable double mattress on a futon base. There are also 2 bedside tables, a small desk, full length mirror and ample hanging and drawer space. Suitable for a couple, or single person, the room is cosy, yet spacious enough for you and all of your luggage. A small television, and a quiet fan is also available for your use in your room.
I provide clean towels and sheets etc., and I can provide some basic toiletries such as shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, and soap etc. just in case you forgot to pack yours.
OTHER POINTS WORTH NOTING :
- I pride myself on keeping a clean and tidy home, and hope this is respected by my guests
- I am pet friendly. Small to medium sized, clean, non-aggressive house-trained dogs are welcome, and will have a safe and secure enclosed backyard to enjoy, as well as a local dedicated "dog beach" and parks nearby. Owners are responsible for picking up their dog's droppings, at my home, and when out walking.
- I have a very cute small dog, 12 years old, with one tooth and a slightly "grumpy old man" attitude...but harmless!
- FREE basic self-serve breakfast of tea/coffee, toast
- FREE Wi Fi internet connection.
- FREE laundry facilities on site – washing machine, clothes-line and drier.
- FREE use of my mountain bike - take advantage of the great network of bike paths around Melbourne and the bay.
- FREE off-street "guest parking" for those with a car. There are 4 guest spaces that are shared with the other 5 townhouses on a “first in - first serve" basis, therefore availability is possible but not guaranteed.
- gas wall heater warms the whole house on those cold days
- Original 1950"s fans in both living areas for those hot days
- Close to St Kilda's famous Acland and Fitzroy Streets.
- Close to the city – only 20-30 min to the city by tram
- Close to the fashionable Chapel St Prahran shopping/restaurant/clubs
- I am open to people of all cultures, creeds, and I am gay friendly.
- Unfortunately my home is not really set up for young children, therefore only well-behaved children over the age of 8 years are welcome.
A LITTLE ABOUT MYSELF :
I am a well-travelled adventurer, and have lived and worked in Italy and Hong Kong. I am self employed, and work from home therefore I will be around during your stay. I am very interested in diverse cultures. I have a keen interest in photography, design and graphics. I speak Italian, and can manage to make myself understood with Spanish.
A LITTLE ABOUT ST KILDA :
Here are a couple of websites worth checking out :
for info about St.Kilda and
for info about Melbourne - it has a helpful month by month calendar listing all events and attractions
St Kilda is an inner city bayside suburb, and is one of the most interesting and popular tourist destinations in Melbourne, and a must for all those wanting to experience a creative, vibrant multi-cultural area where the young, and young at heart enjoy an idyllic "bohemian" lifestyle by the (website hidden) Kilda is also home (email hidden)ly and diverse live music scene, with many venues within walking distance. Some of the many local attractions are: Luna Park, Palais Theatre, St Kilda Botanical Gardens, St Kilda Sea Baths, St Kilda Marina, Acland St. cafes and cakeshops, Fitzroy St. restaurants and bars, Sunday Market on the Esplanade, Summer Thursday Night Market, St Kilda Festival in February, and the Midsumma Gay Pride festival, etc..My home is also within walking distance ( 20-30 mins walk ) to the Albert Park Formula One Grand Prix held in March.
I am happy to help with any advice you may need during your stay. I would like to make your stay in St Kilda as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.
looking forward to meeting you !
It is important to realize that this is my home, not a serviced hotel, therefore considerate and respectful behavior is a priority.
Ideally, my guests will be easygoing, highly trustworthy, communicative, respectful and clean.
Please: No party animals, excessive drinking and/or noise
No bringing other people home without notice and approval.
You will be responsible for cleaning up after yourself during your stay.
I prefer that smoking is done outside. Smoking in the bedroom is not permitted.