About this listing
Permitted (STPH ) vacation rental, nestled on Baldwin Avenue, this one bedroom cottage provides convenient and comfortable accommodations, with a king bed in the bedroom and a full sofa sleeper in the living room for an additional guest. The recent addition of air conditioning provides our guests with a comfort level not found in most North Shore rentals. The amenities of Historic Paia Town and Paia Bay are just a few minutes walk away and all areas of the island are within easy driving distance.
The cottage offers a fenced and gated yard area, private parking, island style decor, fully equipped kitchen, ample space for your surf/windsurf gear, coin operated laundry, ceramic tile floors throughout, and an outdoor covered lanai with dining and BBQ area. Beach chairs and beach towels are provided.
Paia is a reflection of its history as a booming sugar cane plantation town with its old plantation style wooden buildings still intact. This quaint little beach town has an array of fine specialty shops, boutiques, surf shops, antique stores, bakeries, and even an old fashioned tattoo parlor. Award wining restaurants offer everything the discerning diner could want from casual bites, to the full service internationally renowned seafood of Mama's Fish House. Mana Foods, the legendary grocery store built on local, organic principals is five minutes walk.
Your hosts have lived on the North Shore for many years. They are both active members of the North Shore community and can provide access to resources and hidden treasures that are simply unavailable to regular tourists. Whether you want to charge the winter surf at Ho'okipa, meander through the Upcountry meadows, explore the idyllic waterfalls of East Maui or indulge your tropical golfing fantasies, your hosts will ensure you have the local know-how to get the most out of your trip.
The Maui Bus provides public transportation and the bus stop is about a ten minute walk from the property. The airport is also within close access.
May, June and September Special, 30 day pricing only. Spend any of these 3 months with us for the special price of $3,000 per month, all inclusive.
Published price includes Hawaii's GE and TAT tax of 13.4%.
We look forward to receiving you!
Danny and Jacque Delaunay
Other things to note
Paia Hale House Rules
1. No pets
2. This is a non-smoking property.
3. Quiet hours are from 9:00 PM to 8:00 AM. We ask that everyone respect each others privacy and quiet enjoyment by keeping music, televisions, etc. at a moderate level at all times. Amplified sound that is audible beyond the property boundaries is prohibited. Sound that is audible beyond the property boundaries during non-quiet hours shall not be more excessive than would be otherwise associated with a residential area. No Parties or group gatherings, other than registered guests, shall occur.
4. Please rinse sand off before entering cottage or getting into the shower. It clogs our pipes and creates plumbing problems.
5. All vehicles are to park in the designated on site areas. No “on street” parking or blocking the driveway.
6. Please unplug all small appliances in the kitchen when not in use such as coffee maker, toaster, etc. Do not put papaya seeds, egg shells, coffee grounds or any other large food items down the garbage disposal, to avoid plumbing blockage and disposal problems.
7. Garbage pick up is Monday and Thursday morning. Please get trash into large brown garbage can on a regular basis to avoid our island bugs.
8. Please be green and conserve by turning off tv, ceiling fan and lights when leaving during the day. At night, one indoor light and one outdoor light can be left on to help you see when you arrive home after dark.
9. Please use beach towels at the beach and the bath towels to remain inside the unit. We have beach chairs for your use.
10. Coin-operated laundry facility is available on the premises. Please make sure you shake the sand out of all clothes and towels before putting them into the washing machine. Do not overload the machine.
11. If there is anything you find lacking in the cottage, let us know and we will try to accommodate you. All suggestions are welcome and will be considered.
12. WIFI is available.
13. $50. Will be charged for any key that is not returned or is lost.
14. Your security deposit will be returned to you after inspection of the cottage.
15. $100. Cleaning fee will be charged. We reserve the right to charge an additional amount, if the cottage has been left excessively dirty.
Please contact us for any questions that you may have, prior to or during your stay.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
This host has 34 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
My husband and I grew up in the islands, raised 3 beautiful daughters and now have 6 grandsons. Prior to moving to Maui in 1999, we lived in Kailua on Oahu and then spent 9 years in Waimea on the Big Island. The North Shore of Maui provides all the activities we enjoy from golf and tennis to biking and walking the beach. We have embraced Maui's slow pace and laid back lifestyle. We love to travel and have stayed in many private vacation rentals so know the importance of providing a comfortable and friendly environment. I have been a realtor in Hawaii since 1972.