(We have a 7 seat car available to hire also)
A lovely detached family house right in Sutton town centre, 10 minutes on train into Birmingham city centre (train station just a few minutes walk away), with 5 bedrooms (one downstairs and 4 upstairs), a spacious lounge/dining area, a family bathroom with bathtub and walk-in shower, a separate shower room and a separate WC downstairs, off-road parking (can park up to 3 cars), good sized garden with BBQ facilities, high-speed wifi and entertainment.
This is a lovely detached family house over 2 floors right in Sutton town centre.
Downstairs has one bedroom with a double bed, a spacious lounge/dining area (can comfortably seat 8 ppl), fully equipped kitchen, a separate shower room and separate WC, off-road parking for up to 3 cars, then through the patio door a good sized garden with BBQ facilities.
Upstairs has 4 bedrooms, one with a kingsize bed and a single blowup bed, the other 3 are all double beds. (We do have another double blow-up and a travel cot if needed, please just let us know in advance.) Then there's a family bathroom with a bathtub and a walk-in shower.
It's a detached house with solid, thick walls so you can get a good night's sleep.
You will have the entire house and garden to yourselves for the duration of your stay - occasionally we may be living 'next door' in a converted garage flat, but generally we are out of the country exploring the world (check with us if you need to), however we will be available via phone/email 24/7.
The lounge features two sofas including a large corner leather sofa, with HD Samsung Smart Tv with Netflix which allows you to watch all the films/programs you want.
Kitchen is FULLY equipped with dishwasher, range cooker / oven, halogen cooker, microwave, kettle and toasters, blender, juicer, plus multiple fridges and freezers etc. Feel free to help yourself with tea/coffee/hot choc, cereals/milk/juice or any food in the cupboards. We do have a good selection of spices for cooking too.
Each room accommodates at least 2 persons. All fully furnished with a double bed (the one in blue room is king-size) and a wardrobe.
For families travelling with small child we do have a travel cot on request, and there's a high chair and some toys in the house too.
There are numerous gyms / swimming pools both municipal and private in the local vicinity.
If you'd like to hire our Ford S-Max 7-seater car for your trip, it's on the driveway. So you can do this easily through a choice of Airbnb-style car rental services - just ask for details of price and how to book!
Interaction with guests
We'll be there to meet you and hand over keys, show you around and welcome you to the property and area. Then we'll leave you until you depart, but will be on hand via phone or email throughout if you should need anything.
Other things to note
A fantastic house for families or group travel in a wonderful location. Please note, no parties!
Sorry about these rules below, we try to keep everything simple and easy but also to avoid any bad experience to our family home, so please please bare with us :)
- No parties without written confirmation from us in advance.
- No smoking indoors.
- Guest making the booking must be 30 or over. Please talk to us first if you're under 30.
- Guest making the booking must be the person checking-in, and bring Passport and/or UK driving license. Again, if this is an issue, please clear it in advance through the Airbnb message system. (We've had dodgy types trying to arrange house parties on stolen cards before now, sending different people, who we've had to refuse entry to the home after turning up at 6 hours late at 2am and clearly not matching the details of the booking! If you're attempting anything like this, you won't succeed here!)
- Please keep it clean and try to leave the house as you find!
- Standard check-in time is after 4pm; checkout before 11am. If you need anything different to these times please let us know at least two days in advance.
- There's a £20 extra charge for late arrivals after 9pm. After 10pm it's £40. Please confirm at time of booking if you need a late arrival. You can usually arrange baggage drop if you need to leave late or arrive early, dependent on other guest arrivals/departures - please check with us.
We're Seth, Joe and little Imogen. Seth is a film-maker,web-designer and business incubator, Joe(she has a boy's name) is a photographer, artist and video editor. We'd like to describe ourselves as vagabonds, or gypsies haha, because most of the times we're travelling in different countries as part of little Imogen's homeschooling education.
Seth is from Sutton Coldfield, a Brummie, also lived in London for a long time. Joe's from China and been in UK for nearly 8 years. Seth loves Sydney and LA, Joe loves Paris. But Iceland is by far our favourite country, oh, and Lisbon too!
Occasionally Seth is an ultra marathon runner and Iron Man (although without the training), Joe's the lazy one she barely exercise lol. We're both massive foodies, vegetarians, love a good Indian curry and nice wine.
We'd love to welcome guests from all over the world to our lovely home!! :)