Real Neato is located just a mile and a half from Guerneville where great shopping and good restaurants abound. Canoes and kayaks can be rented there or at Burke's, about 8 miles east on River Road. Korbel Winery is only 5 minutes away and we are just 10 minutes from Westside Drive where several top-notch wineries can be visited. Armstrong Redwood Park which has miles of great hiking is also only minutes away. If you prefer the ocean, the Pacific Ocean (Jenner, Goat Rock, etc.) are only 25 minutes to the west.
The huge "great room' is sunny and cheerful with large double-paned windows throughout. Beautiful hardwood floors and oriental carpets give it a warm, cheerful aspect. The dining room table will seat 10 when fully extended. All kitchen and washing appliances are sparkling new. There is a deck extending 3/4 around the house leading to a hot tub which overlooks the river. The large front deck perched above the river is anchored by two redwood trees. In the summer you will be delighted watching a parade of canoes, kayaks and frolicking swimmers. In the morning and early evening the ducklings and many water birds venture out.
Because we are on a bend in the river, there are delightful river views from every room in the house (except one back bathroom). The master bedroom which stretches across the front of the house has views both up and down the river.
River access is available by stairs on both sides of the house and on the left is a new swimming dock with a ladder for easy egress/ingress.
Additional Notes & Requirements:
*7 night stays preferred during Summer months.
*Pricing includes 9% Sonoma County Tax
*Please read the House Rules. Rental Agreement required to be signed prior to check-in.
Short Term Rental Agreement
Property: 14625 River Road, Rio Nido
Owner: Sue Schueler
Property Manager: Joe Carano
Contact information: Sue Schueler
Phone #: cell #
Fax #: (phone number hidden) (call before faxing)
Accommodations: One King Sized bed, One Queen Sized bed, One Double Sofa Bed,
One Queen futon bed
Linens & Towels
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF OCCUPANTS: The house is to be occupied by no more than eight (8) persons at the maximum, unless otherwise approved by the owner.
Check/ Money Order
Credit Card – complete the following:
Name on Card
Number on Card
Expiry Date CVV Number
Credit Card Billing Address
Street Address Zip Code
Driver’s License Number Issuing State
City State Zip Code
Phone Number Email Address
Check In Date Check Out Date
Please note check in is at 4pm or after, Check out is at 12noon.
$rental $ tax
+125 cleaning Due 30 days prior to rental date
Deposit $ $300 Due at time of booking (refundable)
$ (Rental Fee + taxes + cleaning and linens)
Please note the cancellation policy in item #4 on Page 2 of this Agreement).
This Agreement must be returned with deposit to hold reserve date desired.
1. I (We), the undersigned, renting 14625 River Road, Rio Nido for vacation or recreation purposes, agree to the following:
2. I (We) are responsible for full payment for the entire rental period: a $300 Deposit being due with the return of this Agreement, and the Balance of the rent being due 30 days prior to occupancy. Payments must be made by check, money order, travelers check, or Accepted Credit Card.
3. Reservation is not confirmed until the Rental Agreement has been returned and the Deposit cleared.
4. Failure to make payments when due will result in cancellation of this Agreement.
5. If I (We) cancel our reservation after it has been confirmed, the Owner will make every attempt to re-book My (Our) reservation. If the reservation is re-booked at the same rate, I (We) will be refunded 90% of the Total funds paid. If the reservation cannot be rebooked I (We) understand that the moneys paid may not be returned.
6. If I (We) do not personally inspect the premises prior to signing this Agreement, I (We) agree to accept the rental property upon arrival, provided it meets the basic description as listed on the Rental Websites. In Addition, I (we) agree that we will not be entitled to a refund or rent money, nor relocation to another property, and will have no claim or recourse against the Owner, Property Management, etc.
7. I (We), our guests and visitors, agree to not smoke in the house, nor bring on to the premises any pesticides, cleaning products, aerosol sanitizers, air fragrances etc. Also that there will be no loud or large parties in the house or on the premise. That all listed previously will maintain the premises in good order and appearance and conduct themselves in a manner inoffensive to the neighbors.
8. I (we) our guests and visitor, agree that any illegal drug use on the property, or any disturbance or annoyance that endangers or inconveniences the neighbors or the use of the premises for any immoral or unlawful purposes, or that violate any law or ordnance or commits waste or nuisance on or about the premises will immediately terminate our occupancy and rental agreement of these premises.
9. Owner or Owner’s Agent may enter the premises immediately in the event of an emergency, in order to perform necessary repairs and/or maintenance; and with 24 hours notice, for normal maintenance or to show a prospective renter.
10. Occupancy (including small children, infants and visitors) is not to exceed 8 persons without prior permission from the Owner or Managers. If more than the maximum number is found to be occupying the leased property, I (we) agree that a charge of $100.00 per person will be made to my (our) credit card, or if I (we) are paying by check or money order, I (we) will promptly submit moneys due. Additionally, this Agreement may be immediately terminated without refund.
11. Occupancy of RV campers and /or tents on the premises or parking area is forbidden.
12. Only up to two well-behaved dogs are allowed on the premises.
13. I (we) shall be responsible for all damage, breakage and /or loss to the premises, except normal wear and tear and unavoidable casualties (deemed by Managers of Property) which may result from Occupancy. I (we) agree that all pipes, wires, glass, plumbing, household contents, etc., other equipment and fixtures will be in the same condition as at the beginning of our stay, or may put in during the term of the lease, reasonable wear and tear and damage by unavoidable fire and casualty only exception.
14. The property will be left in the same good and habitable condition. Any damages or notable conditions found upon arrival will be reported to the Property Managers within one (1) hour of Occupancy. I understand the property will be inspected prior to my (our) inhabitants and when I/ We depart. Otherwise, I (we) agree that repair costs for any damages may be posted to my (our) credit card, or, if I (we) are paying by check or money order, I (we) will promptly submit the moneys due for full cost of replacement/ repair.
15. I (we) acknowledge any loss and /or damage to the Apartment/ Property will result in a charge for replacement value to my (our) credit card, or if I (we) are paying by check or money order, I (we) will promptly submit the moneys due. I (we) agree to indemnify and save Owner and Property Managers harmless from all liability, loss or damage arising from any nuisance or harm made or suffered on the leased premises by me (we) guests or invitees. Also from any carelessness, neglect, or improper conduct of any persons entering, occupying or visiting the house or premises.
16. The Owner shall provide utilities, furniture and fixtures, lines and towels.
17. Prior to vacating the house, Tenant is responsible to remove all trash and recyclables, ensure all dishes and cookware are clean, and return any furniture that was moved to its original position. .
18. Owner shall not be liable to Tenant, Tenant’s guests, licenses or invitees or any other person for any injury, loss or damage to any person or property on or about the premises. Tenant shall hold Owner and Managers harmless and indemnified from and against all loss, injury or damage occasioned by the use or misuse or abuse of any part of the premises, parking area or community and from or against any omission, neglect, or default of Tenant, his guess, licensees or invitees.
19. This Agreement may not be assigned or the property sublet, and is for the Tenant’s use only. No changes to, or changing of locks of the house / premises are permitted. I /We will not use premises as a location for amateur or professional film/video without prior consent and arrangement with property managers/ owners.
Telephone service is local and emergency only. Please use a calling card or cell phone.
By signing this document, I (we) agree to the terms and conditions stated above, and to enjoy our selves, relax, and make wonderful memories!
We look forward to your visit. We hope you will enjoy your stay!!!!!
If there are any special requests, please let us know so we can help make your stay memorable.
My husband and I are in our 70s. We don't travel much anymore except to family weddings, etc. We like to go to the river house about once a month. We entertain at the house and eat out several times a week in Guernevile. In summer it is delightful to swim off our dock. We even had people swimming in early June last year. We love to read. Even in winter it is often warm enough out on the deck to read in the sunshine. That way we can get some vitamin D, catch up on our reading and watch the river activities. On cold days, it is cozy to read in front of the fireplace.
We often take the dogs (2) for walks on the beach at Monte Rio , in the local cemetary and in Armstrong Redwood Park.
Korbel Winery which you pass on River Road has a very nice tour which we take visitors to see.
Prior to purchasing Real Neato in 2006 we would rent a house at the river for a week every summer. Other trips we took were to Alaska, Peru. Kenya and Nepal.
We had always wanted a home with water view, so when this house came up for sale we "seized" it and did major remodeling to suite our taste for open space living. So I guess our motto would be carpe diem (seize the day)!.