About this listing
A newly renovated studio flat on Newington Green, completely private, spacious bedroom and en-suite shower, with separate entrance. Modern fixtures and fittings throughout. Great cafes and restaurants excellent transport links right on the doorstep.
Highly convenient, centrally located and newly refurbished, (Modern fixtures and fittings) private studio flatlet in a Victorian terrace house, in Islington, its own street entrance, en suite shower and private kitchenette. Buses right on your doorstep, and 7 mins from Canonbury Station on the tube network.
We have created a fully self contained studio flatlet in the lower ground/basement floor in a locally listed Victorian terrace, virtually on Newington Green. As Architects we have paid attention to the detail, and provide clean, modern spaces.
The flatlet is in excellent condition, having been newly refurbished. The room overlooks a small lightwell onto the street which is accessed via a cast iron metal winding staircase.
You have your own access from the street, and own private outside entrance area. There is a separate kitchenette, with facilities for light cooking. The kitchenette is an old converted coal vault, so has a low ceiling in places.
Please note that the layout might not suit all, as you access the kitchenette either through the shower room or from the outside lightwell. However the shower is spacious and comfortable makes up for this inconvenience.
It is only a 7 min walk from Canonbury Station, or 15-20min to Highbury Islington Tube station. There is an excellant bus service right on your doorstep including 141, 21 to City of London (which only takes 15-20mins bus ride) and 341 or 73 or 476 to Kings Cross (30-40min bus ride), Euston and West End. At the botttom of Mildmay Park you can catch the 38 which gets you to Piccadilly in 45mins. Dalston station is a 10 min walk.
1. Brand new Double walnut Bed with walnut side tables and bed lamps
2. Flat screen television with DVD player, including freeview channels.
3. Internet Access ( Bring your own laptop or iphone/blackberry).
4. Clothes hanger, coat hangers and shoe rack
5. Dining table/desk.
6. Egyptian cotton fitted sheets and pillow covers and Conran cotton duvet cover.
2. Fridge freezer,
4. Convection Hob
6. Iron and Ironing board
7. Welcome pack of breakfast cereals, tea, coffee, Milk and sugar
1. large and spacious
2. Modern fixtures and fittings
3. Shaver socket
4. Chrome Shower drencher
5. Wall Hung toilet and washand basin
6. Stone ceramic floor to ceiling wall tiles and floor tiles.
Newington green has great cafe's and restaurants. Also close to Upper street, with its extensive restaurants and Stoke Newington Church Street with its village atmosphere.
SHOPS ON NEWINGTON GREEN:
1. BELLE EPOQUE, French patisserie selling bread, fine french cakes, light lunches
2. TRATTATORIA, Italian deli and bakery selling authentic Italian pizzas, cakes, bread
3. SHINE, beauty therapy and hairdressers
4. CINNAMON LOUNGE, Modern Indian Restaurant
5. TRANGLIA - Spanish Tapas Restaurant.
6. ACOUSTIC CAFE - Good for breakfast and coffee.
7. Various other cafes and restaurants, off-licence, News Agent, shoe repairers
SHOPS ON ROADS LEADING TO NEWINGTON GREEN:
1. TESCO, grocery store on Green Lanes 2 min walk
2. EDINBURGH CELLARS, Newington Green Road 1 min walk
3. LAUNDRETTE, Newington Green Road, 2 min walk
Guest have access to their own space and separated entrance. The space includes their own private and spacious en-suite bathroom and own private kitchenette.
Interaction with Guests
We take time to show the guest around on arrival and answer any questions, and have a general chat. We then leave guests to themselves for the duration of their stay but are always on hand should they need any help.
Newington Green is a wonderful little pocket of cafes, shops and restaurants in Islington. It contains the oldest row of brick terrace houses dating back to 1600.
Excellent bus and tube connections. The flatlet is a 7 minute walk from Canonbury Station which is on the tube network. Buses on Newington Green include the (phone number hidden)
For those who are new to Airbnb, please keep in mind the spirit of Airbnb which is based on consideration, trust and respect.
No parties and loud gatherings to be held in the flatlet please.
Wear & Tear:
Please do not wear Stilettos or any sharp heels on the reclaimed parquet floor, which leaves indentations.
Please avoid scraping luggage across the floor, and avoid spilling liquids on the floor.
(We are trying to keep down the costs for everyone, so please conserve water and energy wherever possible)
Please turn off lights before leaving the apartment but you are welcome to switch outside light on whilst you are out at night- don’t forget to turn it off during day! (This is the light switch above the TV.)
Please be considerate when vacating the flatlet and leave it as you found it, that includes washing any cutlery or crockery you may have used.