About this listing
PARK+4 Big BED+WiFi+A/C+MODERN COMFORT+WASHER/DRYER+CONVENIENT+PHONE+Deck w/Loungers+GATED+Private Patio(SMOKING OK on tile terrace)In heart of city+KEYLESS entry+2 bedrooms 1ba+ SmartTVs+4blocks to WEHO+Walk of Fame+
97/100 Walk Rating
Great location in Hollywood--Private--Charming--Gated-- 2 bedrooms 1 bathroom--AIR CONDITIONING, fast Wifi, Smart flatscreen TVs----PARKING--Modern& Comfy--Hardwood Floors- 2 King Beds+double+futon+ private tiled terrace (smoking OK on balcony & terrace only) Terrace is off the kitchen upstairs. Bedrooms are carpeted.
It is NOT shared. It is West of Highland, North of Santa Monica Blvd. south of Sunset and 4 blocks from City of West Hollywood and 4 blocks walking distance to the Walk of Fame on Hollywood Blvd...
1 or 2 miles away from this location is a different area entirely. West of Highland and North of Santa Monica Blvd. are important markers.
And this apartment IS newly remodeled and modern everything including FREE FAST WIRELESS INTERNET and KEYLESS ENTRY so no meet-up required... plus:
1. Bedroom 1: A REAL KINGSIZE BED 72"X84"(198x203 cm) AND A DOUBLE SIZE BED 54"X75" THAT ARE VERY VERY COMFORTABLE IN BEDROOM One. Black out shades. Carpet
2. Bedroom 2: Smaller room with Kingsize comfortable Murphy Bed that pulls down plus+ white glass sliding door plus windows and ceiling fan and carpet in bedrooms.
3. A QUEEN SIZE SOFA FUTON BED IN LIVING ROOM.
4.. AIR CONDITIONING, HEATING AND SEPARATE FANS FOR CIRCULATING AIR
5. FREE FAST WIRELESS INTERNET AND CABLE TV with SMART, WIRELESS CONNECTED HDTVs--SO WATCH WHAT YOU WANT ON ANY APP OR SERVICE LIKE NETFLIX OR AMAZON OR HULU if you subscribe to Netflix or Amazon or Hulu.
6. KEYLESS ENTRY--NO HASSLE WITH SETTING MEET UP TIMES TO GET KEYS--because there are no keys...just codes..-IT'S EASY, IT'S MODERN--Come after 3pm..leave by 11 am...nothing to worry about...
7. FABULOUS LOCATION CENTRAL TO EVERYTHING YOU WANT TO SEE WITH GREAT ACCESS TO FREEWAYS AND MAJOR STREETS AND WALKING DISTANCE TO RESTAURANTS ETC. IN A GREAT PART OF L.A. WHERE EVERYONE WANTS TO BE. EVEN THE METRO IS WALKING DISTANCE AT HOLLYWOOD HIGHLAND YET WE ARE FOUR BLOCKS FROM THE CITY OF WEST HOLLYWOOD.
8. SHAMPOO, CONDITIONER, HAIR DRYER, LIGHTED MAKE-UP MIRROR, LINENS, TOWELS...ALL PROVIDED PLUS
9. YOUR OWN WASHER AND DRYER IN THE UNIT.
10. On the property: REDWOOD DECK WITH TABLE AND CHAIRS AND UMBRELLA PLUS 2 LOUNGERS TO ENJOY L.A. AFTER SIGHTSEEING.
11. MODERN KITCHEN WITH GLASS TILES AND LED LIGHTS FOR ENERGY EFFICIENCY+automatic Dishwasher+stove+microwave+refrigerator+Keurig coffee machine+French Press+ dishes and pots and pans
12. BATHROOM WITH SHOWER/TUB COMBO, GLASS TILES AND MODERN sink with lighted make-up mirror.
13. BIG CLOSET SPACE IN WALK-IN CLOSET
14 HARDWOOD FLOORS
15. MODERN FURNITURE AND HDTVs in Bedroom and Living room.
16. BIG TILED TERRACE THAT IS YOURS ALONE UPSTAIRS WITH TABLE AND CHAIRS AND KING PALM TREES AND LIGHTS.
I have made this place to be an oasis. Everything is new and tastefully decorated and the beds are insanely comfortable and it has a washer and dryer in the unit plus free fast wireless, HDTV with premium channels and terrace.
It is almost as private as a house (but it's not a house )since the property is locked and gated. -- with a brand new redwood deck and 2 lounge chairs as well.
This unit is upstairs with a locked gate and a huge private patio/terrace with king palm trees and light and charm...it is really beautiful and you will be surprised how nice it is. And the amenities, style, look and 850 square footage are better than any hotel nearby. The Loews at Hollywood/Highland is down the street and one room with less than half the size and no kitchen or space goes for at least $300.00 a night. Clearly, I want to be busy and garner great reviews...but this has my personal stamp on it...where I would want to stay.
Here are additional features and details that you get:
1..Locked and Gated free tandem parking included with key code and remote control...before you enter your unit. Extra individual small car parking in front. Street parking also available. Quiet street.
2. 1 comfy Heirloom King bed (72X84") and 1 comfy double bed in Bedroom 1 and King size (76"X80") comfortable murphy bed in Bedroom 2 and queen size futon sofa bed in living room.
4.. 39" Flat screen HDTV in bedroom and 42" flat screen in living area
5. 4 blocks east of the city of West Hollywood. In fact, you can walk in ten minutes the four short blocks to a bustling area of West Hollywood with loads of shops and dining. Or walk on HIghland and check out the new galleries around the corner from where you stay and the great restaurants.
Keep walking north on Highland and you'll find yourself at the metro at Hollywood Highland. Make a left on Hollywood Boulevard and you will be on the famous walk of stars, with handprints of the (email hidden)e Kodak Theater where the Academy Awards are held and the Hollywood Highland shopping center with street entertainment, restaurants, shops, bowling...you name it. Catch a tour bus from there as well.
Pilates and Yoga workouts a block or two away.
6. New redwood deck in front of building behind privacy hedges and under a lemon tree with lounge.
We recommend a car for Los Angeles as it is a very large city. But this location is close to public transportation. 2 parks within a short distance (Plummer Park and Poinsettia Recreation Center). Many restaurants walking distance.
This location is in the heart of the entertainment, artistic, designer areas where an international and national array of creatives mix and create or enjoy the simply incredible weather of Los Angeles, which has a virtually perfect climate. Never too humid or too hot or too cold. Just right. But remember, Los Angeles always cools in the evening...so remember a sweater at night. Lots of movie theater and clubs and entertainment nearby.
Or the cheap and simply the best hamburgers in the U.S., "In and Out Burger" which is walking distance on Sunset just west of Highland. Ask about ordering "animal style," as it is not on the menu but is with grilled onions, thousand island dressing etc or have a milk shake "neopolitan style"-vanilla, strawberry and chocolate on top of each other (also not on the menu) or for those watching their carbs, have a carb burger, with no bun and lettuce instead.
And when you finish your In and Out Burger, go across the street to Off Broadway, a shoe warehouse with a huge inventory of shoes and bags for men and women. You can go crazy shopping for shoes at Off Broadway. And they have a special deal that whatever you buy, you get points that are a percentage of the purchase price and can be used the next day as cash for another purchase (just in case you go shoe crazy).
Still want to shop? Go to The Grove and Farmers Market...a beautiful mall/shopping center entertainment area...Hungry ?
Los Angeles has fabulous and reasonably priced restaurants with very fresh food inasmuch as California is one of the agricultural centers of the world. The central valley (central part of the state) is where the heart of our agriculture is located.
Shop at Whole Foods Market, which is on Santa Monica Blvd and Fairfax, and buys local, where there is cooked food to go, organic food, great cheese and wine departments and a fun atmosphere. A must see if you have never been to this place.
Or go to Ralphs Super Market, at Fountain and La Brea. ..or Trader Joe's on Crescent Hts and Sunset. Mozza is Mario Battali's high end restaurant that is wonderful...you can walk there...on Highland and Melrose. The pizzeria at Mozza is also very popular. And Hatfields is at Melrose and Citrus and it has high ratings and is very popular...again, you could walk there. Or make the scene at The Village Idiot restaurant on Melrose. Or my favorite, Cheebo restaurant on Sunset and Sierra 'Bonita, where you can eat inside or outside. There is also Aroma on Sunset...huge portions, heat lamps when you eat outside...Bossa Nova..open until 4 am...pizza, salads huge menu.
Or on La Brea and Santa Monica Blvd., Big and Juicy Crawfish...a unique experience.
Or how about a great all you can eat Korean BBQ for $26 a person at Oo-Kook Korean BBQ Restaurant with prime, Kobe and Waygu beef--15-20 min drive. Or I'm told that Boiling Crab is very good but a wait.
Or order food in online. Everyone delivers free in this area.
Lots to see and do, whether intellectual, physical or artistic or emotional. Gyms to work out, or take a walk/hike in Runyon Canyon in the Hollywood Hills and hobnob with stars doing their daily walk, with or without their dogs. Take Vista north to the entrance or Fuller north to the entrance. See the best view of Los Angeles from downtown to the ocean as you walk Runyon...or choose between 3 different walks in that famous canyon.. An oasis in the heart of the city.
Or walk nearby and try the various workout places, pilates or yoga studios or a foot spa, massage or salon or acupuncture.
Visit Griffith Park and see the newly remodeled observatory or ride and/or jump horses at the L.A. Equestrian Center. Head out to the beach by driving west on Sunset to the end. You'll pass by Beverly Hills, the campus of U.C.L.A., Bel Air, Brentwood, Holmby Hills, Westwood, Pacific Palisades until you get to Will Rogers State Park and Will Rogers state beach. But beware of when you travel. Traffic in that part of town can get difficult.
Five minutes walking to restaurants, grocery, etc. Great location. Lovely apartment.
Everything you want to see is within 5-15 minutes away...Melrose, The Grove, Beverly Hills, Hollywood, West Hollywood, Beverly Center, Universal City (by metro direct).
100% cotton high thread count sheets and bedding, black out shades in bedroom, extra blankets and pillows.
The deck and the parking driveway...
Interaction with Guests
I don't like to disturb my guests, but will occasionally drop by to say hi.
Everything....the energy and diversity and creativity and international quality of this (email hidden)'s centrality...most places are relatively easy to access from this area...several freeways are nearby...the 101 and the 10...
Yes.... 1/2 block to bus...Can call Independent Cab or use applications like Taximagic or Uber. Or Lyft.
4 big blocks to metro/subway at Hollywood and Highland.
Other Things to Note
No pets. Smoking OK on balcony and terrace but NOT in unit. Must wash dishes before departure or there is an extra charge of $36. I try to keep costs down and this is what I negotiated with the people who clean. They already must do a lot of washing and drying of linens and towels, the floors, bathroom, carpets, and there is a lot of cleaning to do to get ready for the next guests. If they need to spend extra time on dishes, this is their charge and I pass it on. But if you look at my reviews, this has not happened so far.
1.Treat the place like your own. Keep lights and air conditioning and/or heat off during the day if you are not in the apartment. Fans work well with air con and they cool off pretty quick.
2. And please don't forget to return the remote for parking gate to the kitchen table. Sometimes people leave them in their car and forget. I only have one remote ...so please remember. It is expensive to replace.
3. There are other people staying at this building so please don't play loud music or TV AFTER 9 pm.
NO loud talking, yelling or running around or jumping. The people downstairs can hear you. And there are guests in the guesthouse in back.
Please take shoes off when inside apartment.
4.PLEASE be aware that people are staying in the unit below you (and in guesthouse in back)...and sometimes they can hear loud walking or running in the unit (especially with high heels or boots) or loud talking outside. Be respectful of property and other guests and let me know if you need recommendations for restaurants or sites...my airbnb guide is quite good. Also, you have a nice on terrace off of your kitchen. Please put a little water in palm trees if they look dry. The gardner should be doing it..but just in case.
5. DIRTY DISHES CANNOT be left at apartment when you vacate. We have an automatic dishwasher and automatic dishwasher soap pods (cascade brand name). Before you leave, the dishes must be cleaned by hand or run through the dishwashing cycle or I will be charged $36. EXTRA by housekeeping if they need to clean them..and I will need to pass that charge on. So far this has not been necessary.
6. The WiFi network and password is located on plastic laminated sheet in living room.
7. One bath towel per person.(But extra towels available) If you go over that please wash and dry extra towels in washer and dryer. Please keep bathroom floor dry. And please tidy up before leaving. Leave any dirty towels in the hall closet in laundry basket or on the floor of hall closet if full.
8. The cable TV provider is Time Warner. Their number is 1-800-TWCABLE. If any problems, try rebooting first by disconnecting from outlet, waiting a few minutes then reconnecting power to outlet. You can use your Amazon, Hulu, YouTube, Netflix accounts on these TVs. Make sure if using TV that it is set on cable, HDMI 1. Use the remote with same name as TV to access apps.
9. It is OK to smoke on terrace of your unit or balcony or outside. If smoking on terrace, make sure door is closed as some people are allergic to smoke. NO SMOKING INSIDE APARTMENT.
10. When parking, make sure you leave room for another car to park as there are other guests in other units. Free parking on street except no parking Mondays 12-3. Always watch signs when parking in LA.
11. NO PETS ALLOWED ON PROPERTY. If you bring a pet onto the property at any time without prior written approval from me , the entire deposit will be forfeited plus another $200. for a total of $500. This is a property that doesn't allow pets and to protect our other guests who may have allergies we have a very strict policy on bringing pets without prior written notice and written permission.
Other than that....have a good time in L.A. If you have a small car, park it in front. I recommend renting a smaller car. Otherwise park in back or just past the front parking spot. Do not park directly in front of guest house (guesthouse looks like a garage). And do not have conversations in driveway as this may disturb neighbors or guesthouse guests. Airbnb strives to blend into the neighborhood quietly as part of the surroundings. So I appreciate your understanding of the dynamics of the neighborhood.
Popular clubs will be provided upon request. Check out my airbnb guide as it's pretty good for recommendations. Any questions, don't hesitate to call. We have an off site manager.. She speaks French and Spanish also. Her name and number are provided.
All food left in apartment is generally checked for freshness but when I used airbnb in Milan, I was told I could have anything in cupboards or refrigerator left over from other guests. So my policy is the same. Throw out anything that looks old. There is a Ralph's Market open late 4 blocks west at La Brea and Fountain that has Free Parking and another Ralphs at Sunset and Fuller that is open 24/7. A Whole Foods market is at Fairfax and Santa Monica Blvd. And a Trader Joe's on Crescent Heights and Sunset--enter free parking lot on Laurel or Crescent Hts. Enter the name on your navigation maps app and it should show up.
Most restaurants deliver to this (website hidden) will deliver also
Remind me at this site (if you don't hear from me within 1 week of arrival)
to give key code to your door at least 5 days before arrival. ENJOY OUR WEATHER and our FRIENDLY CITY.
We had a very good time stay here. The rooms are spacious, each bedroom and living room have their own AC unit! I cannot stress how important this is. If you stayed in LA during the summer, you will appreciate as most of apartments does not have this and summer is very hot.
One tip, I managed to park my X5 in the dedicated parking spot behind the unit, but getting out is not easy. (Backing out is your friend) So I would recommend that those with big cars park on the street if possible.
Living room is big, apartment feels secure.
L'appartement est très agréable. Nous avons beaucoup apprécié les terrasses. L'appartement est conforme aux photos. Denise met à disposition une machine à café et du café vraiment top (il y a aussi du thé). Tout était parfait, nous recommandons vivement.
We had a fantastic stay at Denis house. We did appreciated the terrasse. Loved the coffee maker and complementary coffee and tee. We had great time and recommend this appartement!
Hemos pasado unos dias maravillosos en el departamento de denise. Muy comodo, mejor que en las fotos, todo muy limpio y nuevo. El barrio muy lindo. Sin dudarlo volveriamos! Gracias Denise
Nice apartment everything we needed, in a good location. I would stay again!
Perfect accom for short or long stay. Denise very happy to give advise on local area which came in handy.
Shower could do with taller spout but 2 of us are over 6"0 so wouldn't be an issue for others. Quiet place with friendly neighbours.
Exactly as described. The place is very nice and convenient for a family with kids. Very quiet neihborhood. 8 minutes walk to hollywood walk of fame / chinese theatre etc... Really we had a great time. Denise communication was proactive, clear, and welcoming, we really appreciated. Parking was not an issue in the street, we always found. If you want to use Denise's place parking, stick to compact or midsize (not bigger than corolla). I rented a standard (toyota avalon) and it was really tricky. I parked a couple times and finally let it in the street, really didn't want to scratch a door ! (but denise warned me !)
At the end it's a nice place, if i return to Hollywood i will definitely come back. My kids loved it.
This host has 609 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Denise
I am a dynamic and ebullient personality and just love meeting new and interesting people from around the world. I travel alot and therefore have an appreciation for what people like when they travel. I have also used airbnb before myself as a guest, once in Italy where it turned out great, and another time I tried to find something in New York City where there was nothing that was suitable for my needs. Therefore, it's important to me that guests have a good experience and find something close to what they are looking for at the right price. I believe these places offer that.
When I travel, it is critical to me that I have comfortable beds and big beds. So in these units, the beds are high end and very comfortable. You can tell from the reviews what people think. I also believe environment is important so these places all have redwood decks...something unique, I believe...and modern furnishings. I also like to be walking distance to restaurants and sights and clubs....that's tough to do in LA, but these places definitely offer that too. And vibe. Ultimately, I want to stay in a place like these places...but don't often find them in other countries. And hearing how happy people are is a real high. I have a lot of faith in people...and by and large am rarely disappointed. If only the people I've met were running the world......!!