We have a large double bedroom with a wardrobe, drawers, desk and a chair. It may suit 1 or 2 guests, and is ideal for couples.
The flat is on the third floor of a recently refurbished building and features:
- a comfortable living room with sofas, a big tv, dvd player, hi-fi, etc.
- an accessorized kitchen with an oven and washing machine
- bathroom with bath and shower
- separate toilet
- wireless Internet and landline
The location is perfect for a guest who wants to live in a quiet area but be at the same time in the centre of the city with easy access to all the main attractions. Near by you will find parks, shops, cafè and many restaurants open till late.
The area has excellent transport links:
- 6 min walking from Oval and Stockwell tube station
- A few steps by 24h bus stops (phone number hidden) (towards Trafalgar, Oxford Circus, London Bridge, Elephant, Victoria, ecc.)
Please note, i do not live in this address, just few minutes away. As property manager i will be your point of reference for anything but unfortunately i will not share the flat with you other travelers like you will be there ready to exchange multicultural world experiences
I will try to be as positive as possible. Coming from a very clean house and having lived in Germany, where tidiness and hygiene are very important, this rooms makes hard to be very positive in the review.
1) The host is really nice. Doesn't live in the flat.
2) The location is pretty decent - 30 minutes away (incl. walking) away from Old Street for example
3) The house does have a fully fledged kitchen where you can cook
1) You probably won't meet the "host", but his fellow colleague, who really doesn't care what you think if it is even slightly different from asking for an extra pillow or similar.
2) Location is good, however not "Very Very Central" at all
3) The house is quite small and incorporates four double rooms, which all share one "living room" and one bathroom.
4) "Living room" has no "sofaS", but a small sofa that a normal person would through away immediately
5) The specific room (O2) is just about as big as the double bed
6) It is questionable whether you will have warm water in the peak hours and water pressure doesn't get any lower
7) The flat is not "refurbished", but painted over by people with obviously impaired vision
8) All furniture (apart from the beds) are extremely old. The wardrobe in the room where we stayed fell twice
Oh and I forgot:
The lock of the entrance door doesn't work all the time. It has a very special technique of opening. I've personally hoped other flatmates would be home to open the door every evening for about a week, after I happened to have a certain key that wasn't as good and the host's colleague forgot to "demonstrate the technique" of opening the door :)
A german family came one evening and left the next morning :)
Overall the flat is 100% overpriced, two of the rooms are incredibly small (I believe O2 and O4) and the quality of the flat resembles COMPLETELY from what is described.
That's me being objective. It is hard to find the positives. However, the real "host", as in the guy who pays the rent, but doesn't live there, is a really nice guy indeed.
All the best! Enjoy London! But if possible choose another flat.
Eine gute saubere Wohnung mit guter Lage zu Underground Stationen. Auch einige Supermärkte in der näheren Umgebung und viele Küchengeräte. Sehr freundliche Leute.
A good clean apartment with good location to Underground stations. Also, some supermarkets in the vicinity and many kitchen appliances. Very friendly people.
We stayed 4 nights in Giovani's flat in one double bed room (in flat are 4 rooms). Our experience is very goog. The advantage are:
- the flat is on great location, just 5 minute walk from tube
- kitchen is nice, we had evertything what we need (microwave, toaster, fridge, lots of dishes etc.)
- we felt safe in this flat and estate
- excellent price-quality ratio
- Giovanni allowed us to left our staff longer (to 3.30 pm) last day
The disadvantage are:
- the shower wasn't good (water flowed so slowly)
- we didn't have key for our room (althouth we ddn't have problem with this)
- we and other people in flat couldn't conect to Internet
- closet in our room wasn't stood firm until it was empty so it felt to me (not really hurt :) )
in conslusion, excellent price-quality ratio
thanks for everything and for great 5 days in London
see you soon :)
The Location is very good, its close to Tube and there are even busses going to the center. We felt safe in this area. Giovanni didnt welcome us himself, but he send someone to do that. Unfortunatly this woman seemed to be very unprepared. We booked 2 rooms in this apartment, but we just got 1 Key. This is a big NO GO. She said we´ll get the other key next day but nothing happend. Wifi didnt work and she didnt tell us how to get it work. Some other guests had to tell us how to restart the router in order to connect. Guest should be told this! But the biggest Issue for sure is the Shower! You need to be a plumber to use it. We fixed it ourself somehow to be able to use the shower in any way. Overall, we had a good time in this apartment, even it you cant lock your rooms, but there are many issues guest should know about and which definitly had to be repaired. I´m not the first one to mention the problems with the shower in my review, so it should be known already but its still not repaired.
Cheap and cheerful stay. I would have enjoyed it a lot more if it wasn't for the temperamental shower.
Nous avons eu la mauvaise surprise d arriver dans un appartement en mauvais état : rien a voir avec les photos.
Nous avions réservé 2 chambres privées mais elles ne fermaient pas. Dans l une d entre elles le miroir venait d être brisé : des bouts de verre pouvaient tomber a tt moment.
Nous avons été reçu par Giovanni mais pas celui avec qui j échangeais par mail. Il nous a explique que toutes les chambres seraient prises et que les nôtres ne fermaient pas, qu un inconnu allait dormir dans le canapé donc une partie commune.
Nous lui avons montre notre mécontentement sachant que nous sommes 4 jeunes filles. Pour régler la situation, le 2ème Giovanni a téléphone a un 3ème Giovanni a qui il parlait en italien pour que ns ne puissions pas comprendre. Ils n ont rien change a la situation et n ont mm pas voulu signe une attestation qui prouvait que nos n allions pas rester dormir dans un appartement aussi insecurisé. Nous avons du repayer une chambre d hôtel sans aucune excuse et aide de leur part. Il s agit d une arnaque qui auraient pu avoir de graves conséquences si ns n avions pas trouve de solution de secours.
Nous souhaitons être remboursées
Dear Elise, I am sorry that your experience with me was not like the other 600 and more. I think in your occasion the main problem was that i do not speak french and that you do not speak english. It is clear enough in the advert that you have reserved that it was going to be a room in a shared flat. If you would not feel safe in this environment you should have booked a private "Apartment" and not a private "room". I also think that you should not have added untruthful comments in the reviews. Explaining the issue truthfully is generally enough to make everyone understand what has happened. Thanks for reserving at mine.
Giovanni is a charming man, you can easily ask for everything :) apartment was very nice and it was in a fantastic location. Everything was perfect. He is very hospitality:) I recommend
How to spend the perfect week end in london ? Just rent a room at giovanni's place !
Heis a really nice guy, and the room was perfect, the center of london is extremely easy to reach :)
A+ FOR THIS ROOM :)
Next time i go in london, i'll stay there !
when we arrived at the room, giovanni couldn't receive us it was one of his friends who stayed in the same building. He was verry nice but it was not what we expected. The room was clean enough to stay one night but the bathroom was a disaster. The room isn't that well isolated so when the other people got home you can hear them. A plus is that the building is close to the center. All in all it was ok, maybe just a little bit expensive for what it is, but not too much neither.
The room was really nice. It's not that central, though. You always need to be connected by public transport.
Anyway, we had a great time, everything is clean and Giovanni has everything organized and answers in short notice. Good value for money.
People displaced by UKFlood are eligible for waived Airbnb service fees. You will be able to indicate your eligibility after making a booking request. Find out more »