About this listing
6 beautifully decorated & furnished suites we offer in room amenities which include free Wi-Fi, LCD/HD flat screen TV, cable, refrigerator, Kitchenette, linens and much more. On-site washer/dryer and gazebo BBQ kitchen area.
Come enjoy a fun filled getaway in one of our 6 beautifully decorated & furnished rooms as well as our 3rd floor luxury suite, located across from Kahalu'u Bay one of Kona's premier snorkeling, swimming & surfing areas.
Relax and unwind in one of our ocean or garden view room with lanai and reserved parking. This is the perfect vacation rental for that long overdue getaway or a fun filled Hawaiian adventure with your best friends. Conveniently located near the Keauhou Shopping Center. This is truly your home away from home. Come enjoy and see why this is the perfect place to spend your next vacation.
We offer in room amenities which include free Wi-Fi, LCD/HD flat screen TV, cable, refrigerator, Kitchenette, linens and much more. On-site washer/dryer and gazebo BBQ area.
We are a small quiet non-smoking adult property and book very quickly, so we suggest having alternative dates if possible.
If you're travelling in a larger group, consider booking some of our other rooms as well! (Each room accommodates 2 guests.)
You can visit our website for more information.
Interaction with guests
We are always onsite and always happy to help
If you enjoy immersing yourself in culture living and local a neighborhood, then you'll enjoy the Big Island Retreat. Tucked off the main road and located across from one of the best snorkeling, swimming & surfing beaches on the island.
Enjoy the quiet, peace and calm of the property. Share stories and adventures over shared beers or meals. Located close to the property are restaurants, super market, movie theater, pharmacy and locals businesses.
Other things to note
All our rooms are open air plantation style with fans. No air conditioning
Terms of the Agreement:
1. Big Island Retreat is an small quiet adult retreat property. We welcome families with children 18 years and older. No exceptions.
2. Big Island Retreat has the right to inspect the premises without prior notice at any time to enforce the terms of this agreement. Should the guest violate any of the terms of this agreement, the rental period shall be terminated immediately. The Guest(s) waive all rights to process if they fail to vacate the premises upon termination of the rental period. The Guest (s) shall vacate the premises at the expiration time and date of this agreement.
3. The Guest(s) shall maintain the premises in a good, clean, and ready to rent condition, and use the premises only in a careful and lawful manner. The guest(s) shall leave the premises in a undamaged condition at the expiration of the rental agreement, defined by Big Island Retreat as being immediately habitable by the next guest(s). Guest(s) shall pay for maintenance and repairs should the premises be left in a lesser condition. The guest(s) agree that Big Island Retreat shall deduct costs of said services from the security deposit prior to refund if guest(s) cause damage to the premises or its furnishings.
4. The guest(s) shall dispose of all waste material generated during the rental period in a lawful manner and put the trash in the bins along the driveway during their stay for pickup. Monday is when garbage is picked up early morning. Guest(s) is cautioned not to leave trash outside for long periods of time because it attracts animals.
5. The guest(s) shall pay for any damage done to the premises over and above normal wear and tear.
6. No animals or pets of any kind will be brought on the premises.
7. The guest(s) shall not sublet the property.
8. The guest(s) shall have no more than 2 (two) persons reside or sleep in room or on the premises. Only those identified on this agreement.
9. The guest(s) shall behave in a civilized manner and shall be good neighbors respecting the rights of the surrounding guests. The guest(s) shall not create noise or disturbances likely to disturb or annoy the surrounding guests. Creating a disturbance of the above nature shall be grounds for immediate termination of this agreement and guest(s) shall then immediately vacate the premises. Quiet hour starts at 8 PM -8 AM noise should be kept to a minimum.
10. There shall be no smoking inside the premises, driveway or roadway to property.
11. Big Island Retreat shall provide towels and linens. Personal items such as Shampoos and other consumables are to be purchased by the guest(s).
12. The guest(s) and their guest(s) shall hereby indemnify and hold harmless Big Island Retreat against any and all claims of personal injury or property damage or loss arising from use of the premises regardless of the nature of the accident, injury or loss. Guest(s) expressly recognize that any insurance for property damage or loss which Big Island Retreat may maintain on the property does not cover the personal property of guest(s).
13. Guest(s) agree to pay all reasonable costs, attorney's fees and expenses that shall be made or incurred by owner enforcing this agreement.
14. Guest(s) expressly acknowledge and agree that this Agreement is for transient occupancy of the Property, and that guest(s) do not intend to make the property a residence or household.
15. There shall be no refunds due to shortened stays or ruined expectations because of weather conditions.
16. There shall be no refunds of rents because of shortened stays or ruined expectations due to work and family emergencies or other commitments.
17. Guest(s) agrees that Fireworks and other hazardous materials shall not be used in or around the property.
18. Guest(s) shall use the property for legal purposes only and other use, such as but not limited to, illegal drug use, abuse of any person, harboring fugitives, etc.; shall cause termination of this agreement with no refund of rental deposits.
19. The property has a fire extinguisher installed in the room. The fire extinguisher was fully charged at last inspection. It is the duty of the guest(s) to inform management immediately should the fire extinguisher become less than fully charged. Guest(s) agrees to use the fire extinguisher only for true emergencies.
20. Guest(s) shall see to their own security while in the property by locking doors, windows, etc. when it's prudent to do so.
21. Valuable items left behind by tenant will be held for the guest(s) and every reasonable effort will be made to contact the tenant for return. If items are not claimed for longer than 2 months they shall become the property of Big Island Retreat. Big Island Retreat shall not be held liable for condition of said items.
22. High speed wireless internet is provided as a convience only and is not integral to the agreement. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, speed, access problems, lack of knowledge of use, or personal preferences with regard to internet service.
23. Guest(s) will be provided with 1 (one) parking space.
In the event that a pet or person (s) not agreed upon as a renter and is found on the premise during your stay Big Island Retreat shall have the right to ask you to leave the premises immediately with no refund of monies paid.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
This host has 112 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Aloha and Welcome to Big Island Retreat
There are certain places in the world that leave us changed. That inspire us. That help us connect to both nature and ourselves. Nestled amongst a local Hawaiian neighborhood and steps away from Kahalu'u Beach Park where snorkeling, swimming and surfing is at its best.
Big Island Retreat is the place to be. We are a small intimate property with its open air plantation style living both unique and unbinding, it brings the outdoors inside.
Where the ocean, land and sky come together to create a magnificent setting that makes you see the world and yourself a little differently.
It's a place that invites you to breathe, live simply, create your own experience and live the true sense of Aloha and Ohana.
It's hard to find reasons to stay inside so we have worked hard to make our rooms inviting and comfortable. Our outdoor kitchen is a wonderful gathering place for guests to meet, talk story and share wonderful meals.
We welcome you to visit and stay with us (Makou ho'okipa' oe)