About this listing
Centrally located in San Francisco, this sunny and warm 2 bedroom 1.5 bath flat is on the main floor of a three story Edwardian home. The building was built in 1908 and is one of the original houses in the Cole Valley/Parnassus Heights area. The flat has been remodeled for a modern interior feel with some period detail left to preserve the beauty of the era in which it was built.
The flat has a private entrance. The flat comfortably sleeps 6-8 people and is perfect for a family or friends traveling together. The living room has a working fireplace for the cooler San Francisco evenings and a 40" flat-screen television with cable and DVD player. The master suite has a queen size bed with a private working fire place and a television with a built in DVD player. The second bedroom has a full size bed and private bath access. The living room has a comfortable queen size sofa bed along with a full sized futon. Linens and towels are provided. Wi-fi access is throughout the flat.
There are hardwood floors throughout the unit. The flat has a large gourmet chef's kitchen with brand new appliances, pots, pans, dishes and cutlery. The kitchen, formal dining area, and living room can all be connected to make one great room and is wonderful for entertaining. There is a back deck patio that has lots of north facing sunshine which keeps the patio nice and sunny.
The flat is in walking distance to shops, restaurants, and cafes on Cole and Carl Street as well as the entrance of Golden Gate Park (which houses the California Academy of Sciences, the de Young Museum, the Botanical Gardens, the Conservatory of Flowers, and the Golden Gate Park Children's Playground). We are also a short walk (9 blocks) to the famous Haight Street where the Grateful Dead and other bands made famous in the 60s and 70s. The flat is also 8 blocks from the Castro district. In addition, the home is 5 blocks to the N-Judah subway/MUNI line to go downtown to City Hall, the Asian Art Museum, the Opera House, Davies Symphony Hall, Union Square, the Ferry Building, the Financial District, South of Market or to AT& T Park (home of the 2010 World Series winners, the San Francisco Giants) or to even go to the Cal Train (for Silicon Valley or the Peninsula). You can also take the N line right to Ocean Beach where some of the greatest surf is enjoyed year-round. The 43 Bus line (4 blocks away) can take you to the Marina district or Pacific Heights. The 37 Bus at the corner of 17th St and Cole also gives access to other great San Francisco neighborhoods such as Twin Peaks where one can enjoy panoramic views of the entire Bay Area. A car is not necessary to stay here. However, access to the 101 or 280 highways are both only a few minutes away and the Golden Gate Bridge and Bay Bridge are both only 10-15 minutes away by car.
1. CHECK-IN TIME IS AFTER 3 P.M. PST AND CHECK-OUT IS 10 A.M. PST.
2. LOST KEY CHARGE is $150.00 if keys are lost as we will need to change the locks and make new keys.
3. NO SMOKING - This is a NON SMOKING unit. Smoking in the unit will require special cleaning and the cost will be taken out of the deposit.
4. NO PETS – Pets are not permitted in rental units under any conditions.
5. We will not rent to vacationing students or singles under 21 years of age unless accompanied by an adult guardian or parent.
6. DAMAGE/RESERVATION DEPOSIT- A damage/reservation deposit of $300 is required. This is a non-interest bearing deposit. The deposit automatically converts to a security/damage deposit upon arrival. The deposit is NOT applied toward rent; however, it is fully refundable within (14) days of departure, provided the following provisions are met:
a. No damage is done to the unit or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
b. No charges are incurred due to contraband, pets or collection of rents or services rendered during the stay.
c. All debris, rubbish and discards are placed in outside trash bins, and soiled dishes are placed in the dishwasher and cleaned. One load of laundry is started.
d. All keys are left in the lock box and the unit is left locked.
e. All windows and doors are locked when you leave.
f. All charges, such as Pay Per View movie charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure.
g. No linens are lost or damaged.
h. NO Early check-in or late check-out, unless previously agreed.
i. The renter is not evicted by the owner (or representative of the owner)
or the local law enforcement.
j. The apartment is left in a reasonable condition at the end of the rental period.
10. TRAVEL INSURANCE – It is strongly recommended that you purchase comprehensive travel insurance to cover unforeseen travel issues and personal liability while occupying a rental property.
11. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY- The maximum number of guests per condominium is limited to six (6) persons.
12. LOUD NOISE is prohibited from 10:30 pm each day Sunday through Thursday until 8:00 am each day Monday through Friday and from 12:00 am until 10:00 am each day Saturday and Sunday. Loud noise is defined as anything that is disturbing to occupants including but not limited to washer/dryers, kitchen appliances, stereos, televisions, excessive footfalls and musical instruments.
13. THIS PROPERTY REQUIRES A THREE (3) NIGHT MINIMUM STAY. If a rental is taken for less than three days, the guest will be charged the three- night rate.
14. INCLUSIVE FEES - Rates include a one-time linen-towel setup and a weekly maid service at the rate of $100.00 per week. Amenity fees are included in the rental rate.
15. NO DAILY MAID SERVICE – The unit will be thoroughly cleaned prior to your arrival and we will provide linens and bath towels. Daily maid service is not included in the rental rate; however, it can be available at an additional rate. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units.
16. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS - Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check-in.
17. AMENITIES – Please notify us within 24 hours of arrival if there is any problem found in the unit. After arrival and during your stay, if there are any issues found, please notify us within 24 hours of finding the issue.
18. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS - Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
19. The owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.