About this listing
The best place to be in Nîmes !...
Indeed , you'll find yourself in the historical center of this Roman town as well as in the middle of the green haven of the "Jardins de la Fontaine", which are the most remarkable formal gardens of the XVIII century. The 3 french windows - each leading to a balcony - are overlooking the "Temple de Diane" -which is less than 25 meters away -and the magnificent trees of the "Jardins".
You'll find a luxury flat with all modern mod cons, on the second floor with a lift in a secure residence .
You can park your car in a garage , or in the impasse just outside of the residence .
Here is a summary of the facilities inside the flat :
- a hall , a separate fitted kitchen , a dining-room /living-room ,- a bedroom / study , a bathroom , 2 lavatories...
- a large bed for 2 (160 x 210 ), a comfortable sofa-bed for 2 and a sofa-bed for children if needed
- a washing-machine...
- the flat has internet , a television , a DVD player
- Indoor games , books and magazines are available ...
The shops and restaurants are near. The covered market is worth a visit ...
The bus-stops are very close and there is a shuttle for the airport and one for the station.
The flat is ideally situated for a walking tour of Nîmes :
- You go through the "Jardins" , walking along its paths , you have a look at the fountains and its swans , at the basins, at the " Temple de Diane " , you can admire the view of the town from the top of the " Tour Magne "...
- You go along the " Quais de la Fontaine ", which is a quiet shaded street . On the way , you can admire " la Maison Carrée " - a sublime Roman monument which is over 2000 years old - and the contemporary " Carré d'Art " -which was designed by Foster .
- A few more steps on the " Boulevard Victor Hugo" and you'll see the impressive and gorgeous Roman Arenas or amphitheater...
- You cross the " Esplanade " and let yourself enjoy the cool charm of the typical alleys of the " Ecusson " area . Quite a maze, I must admit , but really worth discovering...
We have finish with Nîmes and I have said nothing about the Museum ...
The surroundings are worth a visit too !...The Gard is an area of contrasts and diversity in its landscapes , in its culture and traditions .
- The " Cévennes "have a long history linked to the Camisards; you can visit the " Musée du Désert ", Anduze and its " Bambouseraie ", Ganges , The "Mont Aigoual " and its transhumances ; you can also have long walks in the footsteps of Stevenson...
- The sea and its beaches : La Grande Motte , Le Grau du Roy , Aigues Mortes and its battlements , Les Saintes Maries de la Mer ( very typical with the gypsy traditions and the gypsy music ) , its flamingoes , its parks , its ponds , its nature reserves...Not to be missed !
- The Provence , our neighbour : Saint Rémy de Provence and the impressive site of Glanum , Les Baux and its cathedral of images , Le Luberon , Aix en Provence and Arles ( Nîmes's majestic rival !...)
- Do not forget Uzes and its Duché, its " Place aux Herbes " and its market , Le Pont du Gard , Avignon (1/2 hour away ) , Montpellier ( the same ) and the lovely villages in the Gard....
Without forgetting the numerous festivals , votive fairs , ferias and various cultural events which invade the little village squares throughout the Summer . To put it into a nutshell , the Gard is a cultural land , full of traditions which one must discover taking one's time...
Il s'agit d'une résidence de haut standing .
Seuls les animaux de petite taille , propres , non bruyants et tenus en laisse peuvent être accueillis sous réserve expresse de nous en informer préalablement.
Nous demandons à nos visiteurs de respecter les espaces communs : jardin, entrées , ascenseurs , couloirs d'accès..., de maintenir la propreté de ceux-ci et de veiller à ne pas provoquer de nuisances sonores .
En outre , il est recommandé de ne pas faire rouler les valises la nuit .
L'appartement doit être laissé propre et rangé lors de votre départ en fin de séjour. Toutefois , à votre demande , le ménage des lieux peut être assuré moyennant 20 euros pour cette tâche .
Divers autres services peuvent , à la demande , vous être apportés:
- ménage quotidien de votre appartement ( 15 euros / h )
- baby-sitting (éventuellement si disponibilité : 10 euros / h )
- visites locales et environs ( à étudier avec vous ...)
What a wonderful little stop on our travels. Claire & her husband Jack were fantastic! Great location & the apartment had everything we needed & more... Claire took the time with us to go through the sites in & around Nimes, wish we had booked more time here! Thanks for a great stay & was lovely to meet you both...
Claire was a wonderful host. She went through a great effort to make us feel at home. Her apartment is in a great location in Nimes which is a pleasant and beautiful community. The apartment met our needs and was as described. She was very flexible with travel plan changes (train had mechanical problems and impacted our arrival time).
We stayed in the apartment for one month during July.
Claire was a wonderful host. She met us on our arrival and throughout our stay she provided a large variety of information about the sites and events in Nimes and the surrounding area.
The apartment is lovely and spacious. It is perfectly situated for exploring the centre of Nimes and an easy walk to attractions and entertainment. However because it does not have airconditioning it was a little uncomfortable in the July heat.
Appartement en tous points conforme â la description et dans lequel on se sent comme chez soi! Idéalement situé! Claire est une hôte charmante, très disponible et qui s adapte aux contraintes de ses invités. Je recommande!
Claire did indeed make us very welcome! She was very gracious and kind and went out of her way to help us, especially as I myself was sick on arrival in Nimes and needed to see a doctor.
Claire even accompanied us to the hospital, to be our translator! Amazing! Words cannot express our sincerest appreciation for everything that Claire did for us, during our four day stay at Nimes!
The apartment was lovely and just as it was shown on the website. The bed is comfortable and the shower very nice & hot, with good water pressure. There are adequate utensils etc, for home cooking.
The area was convenient to Nimes sights, shopping, and very pleasant altogether.
Thank you Claire for everything! it was wonderful to meet you!
Glynis & Rob from W.Australia
Claire was a perfect host, welcoming us when we got there and helping us in any way she could (including fresh croissants the morning we left, very appreciated). The apartment is like the description and pictures on the site, and comes with everything you might need during your stay, including wi-fi, cable TV, tourist guides and notes made by Claire about things to do and see in Nimes and its region. It's very calm and quiet as the entrance is on a cul-de-sac and the windows open on a park. Even so it's only 5 minutes walking time from the Maison Carre', most of that a pleasant stroll through the park. The only problem you might have is getting into the garage if you drive a big car as the way in is narrow. I had a Ford S-Max and could do it but just.
In general I and my 3 kids had a great time in Nimes and in Claire's apartment.
Good also for couples or friends.