About this listing
The best place to be in Nîmes !...
Indeed , you'll find yourself in the historical center of this Roman town as well as in the middle of the green haven of the "Jardins de la Fontaine", which are the most remarkable formal gardens of the XVIII century. The 3 french windows - each leading to a balcony - are overlooking the "Temple de Diane" -which is less than 25 meters away -and the magnificent trees of the "Jardins".
You'll find a luxury flat with all modern mod cons, on the second floor with a lift in a secure residence .
You can park your car in a garage , or in the impasse just outside of the residence .
Here is a summary of the facilities inside the flat :
- a hall , a separate fitted kitchen , a dining-room /living-room ,- a bedroom / study , a bathroom , 2 lavatories...
- a large bed for 2 (160 x 210 ), a comfortable sofa-bed for 2 and a sofa-bed for children if needed
- a washing-machine...
- the flat has internet , a television , a DVD player
- Indoor games , books and magazines are available ...
The shops and restaurants are near. The covered market is worth a visit ...
The bus-stops are very close and there is a shuttle for the airport and one for the station.
The flat is ideally situated for a walking tour of Nîmes :
- You go through the "Jardins" , walking along its paths , you have a look at the fountains and its swans , at the basins, at the " Temple de Diane " , you can admire the view of the town from the top of the " Tour Magne "...
- You go along the " Quais de la Fontaine ", which is a quiet shaded street . On the way , you can admire " la Maison Carrée " - a sublime Roman monument which is over 2000 years old - and the contemporary " Carré d'Art " -which was designed by Foster .
- A few more steps on the " Boulevard Victor Hugo" and you'll see the impressive and gorgeous Roman Arenas or amphitheater...
- You cross the " Esplanade " and let yourself enjoy the cool charm of the typical alleys of the " Ecusson " area . Quite a maze, I must admit , but really worth discovering...
We have finish with Nîmes and I have said nothing about the Museum ...
The surroundings are worth a visit too !...The Gard is an area of contrasts and diversity in its landscapes , in its culture and traditions .
- The " Cévennes "have a long history linked to the Camisards; you can visit the " Musée du Désert ", Anduze and its " Bambouseraie ", Ganges , The "Mont Aigoual " and its transhumances ; you can also have long walks in the footsteps of Stevenson...
- The sea and its beaches : La Grande Motte , Le Grau du Roy , Aigues Mortes and its battlements , Les Saintes Maries de la Mer ( very typical with the gypsy traditions and the gypsy music ) , its flamingoes , its parks , its ponds , its nature reserves...Not to be missed !
- The Provence , our neighbour : Saint Rémy de Provence and the impressive site of Glanum , Les Baux and its cathedral of images , Le Luberon , Aix en Provence and Arles ( Nîmes's majestic rival !...)
- Do not forget Uzes and its Duché, its " Place aux Herbes " and its market , Le Pont du Gard , Avignon (1/2 hour away ) , Montpellier ( the same ) and the lovely villages in the Gard....
Without forgetting the numerous festivals , votive fairs , ferias and various cultural events which invade the little village squares throughout the Summer . To put it into a nutshell , the Gard is a cultural land , full of traditions which one must discover taking one's time...
Il s'agit d'une résidence de haut standing .
Seuls les animaux de petite taille , propres , non bruyants et tenus en laisse peuvent être accueillis sous réserve expresse de nous en informer préalablement.
Nous demandons à nos visiteurs de respecter les espaces communs : jardin, entrées , ascenseurs , couloirs d'accès..., de maintenir la propreté de ceux-ci et de veiller à ne pas provoquer de nuisances sonores .
En outre , il est recommandé de ne pas faire rouler les valises la nuit .
L'appartement doit être laissé propre et rangé lors de votre départ en fin de séjour. Toutefois , à votre demande , le ménage des lieux peut être assuré moyennant 20 euros pour cette tâche .
Divers autres services peuvent , à la demande , vous être apportés:
- ménage quotidien de votre appartement ( 15 euros / h )
- baby-sitting (éventuellement si disponibilité : 10 euros / h )
- visites locales et environs ( à étudier avec vous ...)
Appartement en tous points conforme â la description et dans lequel on se sent comme chez soi! Idéalement situé! Claire est une hôte charmante, très disponible et qui s adapte aux contraintes de ses invités. Je recommande!
Claire did indeed make us very welcome! She was very gracious and kind and went out of her way to help us, especially as I myself was sick on arrival in Nimes and needed to see a doctor.
Claire even accompanied us to the hospital, to be our translator! Amazing! Words cannot express our sincerest appreciation for everything that Claire did for us, during our four day stay at Nimes!
The apartment was lovely and just as it was shown on the website. The bed is comfortable and the shower very nice & hot, with good water pressure. There are adequate utensils etc, for home cooking.
The area was convenient to Nimes sights, shopping, and very pleasant altogether.
Thank you Claire for everything! it was wonderful to meet you!
Glynis & Rob from W.Australia
Claire was a perfect host, welcoming us when we got there and helping us in any way she could (including fresh croissants the morning we left, very appreciated). The apartment is like the description and pictures on the site, and comes with everything you might need during your stay, including wi-fi, cable TV, tourist guides and notes made by Claire about things to do and see in Nimes and its region. It's very calm and quiet as the entrance is on a cul-de-sac and the windows open on a park. Even so it's only 5 minutes walking time from the Maison Carre', most of that a pleasant stroll through the park. The only problem you might have is getting into the garage if you drive a big car as the way in is narrow. I had a Ford S-Max and could do it but just.
In general I and my 3 kids had a great time in Nimes and in Claire's apartment.
Good also for couples or friends.
We had an amazing time at Claire's apartment. It was right at the gate to the park, overlooking the temple of Diana. It was the perfect location for our two small kids who loved running in the park.
Claire was the perfect host -- so kind and helpful! She arranged for her friend to pick us up at the train station, which we really appreciated! Her husband & friends were wonderful at showing us the apartment, and recommended an amazing shop around the corner with prepared dishes to warm up at home for dinner.
The apartment had everything we needed, and they even brought out some toys for the kids.
Claire drove us back to the train station at the end of our stay, and we had such a good time talking with her, we were sorry to leave! We hope to come back someday soon.
My stay in Nimes was so special because of Claire's warm and gracious hospitality. She is truly amazing. Claire 's beautiful apartment reflect her artistic gift and her warm and caring personally. The place is spotless and one cannot ask for a better location in Nimes. Claire's kindness extended far beyond a renter. She is truly beautiful in every way and I will definite stay at her place again on my next trip to Nime next year. It is truely a perfect apartment and Claire is a very wonderful and gracious host.
Nous avons été merveilleusement accueillis par Claire. L'appartement était conforme à l'annonce (propre, spacieux, très bien équipé...). Tout était réuni pour nous permettre de passer un agréable séjour.
Nous avons été très bien accueillis par Claire, qui nous a fourni de nombreuses informations sur les sites touristiques de la région. Nous avons passé un excellent séjour dans son appartement qui est idéalement situé, prés du centre ville et à proximité immédiate du jardin de la fontaine. Une très bonne adresse que nous recommandons vivement.