The best place to be in Nîmes !...
Indeed , you'll find yourself in the historical center of this Roman town as well as in the middle of the green haven of the "Jardins de la Fontaine", which are the most remarkable formal gardens of the XVIII century. The 3 french windows - each leading to a balcony - are overlooking the "Temple de Diane" -which is less than 25 meters away -and the magnificent trees of the "Jardins".
You'll find a luxury flat with all modern mod cons, on the second floor with a lift in a secure residence .
You can park your car in a garage , or in the impasse just outside of the residence .
Here is a summary of the facilities inside the flat :
- a hall , a separate fitted kitchen , a dining-room /living-room ,- a bedroom / study , a bathroom , 2 lavatories...
- a large bed for 2 (160 x 210 ), a comfortable sofa-bed for 2 and a sofa-bed for children if needed
- a washing-machine...
- the flat has internet , a television , a DVD player
- Indoor games , books and magazines are available ...
The shops and restaurants are near. The covered market is worth a visit ...
The bus-stops are very close and there is a shuttle for the airport and one for the station.
The flat is ideally situated for a walking tour of Nîmes :
- You go through the "Jardins" , walking along its paths , you have a look at the fountains and its swans , at the basins, at the " Temple de Diane " , you can admire the view of the town from the top of the " Tour Magne "...
- You go along the " Quais de la Fontaine ", which is a quiet shaded street . On the way , you can admire " la Maison Carrée " - a sublime Roman monument which is over 2000 years old - and the contemporary " Carré d'Art " -which was designed by Foster .
- A few more steps on the " Boulevard Victor Hugo" and you'll see the impressive and gorgeous Roman Arenas or amphitheater...
- You cross the " Esplanade " and let yourself enjoy the cool charm of the typical alleys of the " Ecusson " area . Quite a maze, I must admit , but really worth discovering...
We have finish with Nîmes and I have said nothing about the Museum ...
The surroundings are worth a visit too !...The Gard is an area of contrasts and diversity in its landscapes , in its culture and traditions .
- The " Cévennes "have a long history linked to the Camisards; you can visit the " Musée du Désert ", Anduze and its " Bambouseraie ", Ganges , The "Mont Aigoual " and its transhumances ; you can also have long walks in the footsteps of Stevenson...
- The sea and its beaches : La Grande Motte , Le Grau du Roy , Aigues Mortes and its battlements , Les Saintes Maries de la Mer ( very typical with the gypsy traditions and the gypsy music ) , its flamingoes , its parks , its ponds , its nature reserves...Not to be missed !
- The Provence , our neighbour : Saint Rémy de Provence and the impressive site of Glanum , Les Baux and its cathedral of images , Le Luberon , Aix en Provence and Arles ( Nîmes's majestic rival !...)
- Do not forget Uzes and its Duché, its " Place aux Herbes " and its market , Le Pont du Gard , Avignon (1/2 hour away ) , Montpellier ( the same ) and the lovely villages in the Gard....
Without forgetting the numerous festivals , votive fairs , ferias and various cultural events which invade the little village squares throughout the Summer . To put it into a nutshell , the Gard is a cultural land , full of traditions which one must discover taking one's time...
Absolutely everything that was listed was correct. Claire was a wonderful host and would recommend apartment to anyone. Right in the centre of Nimes and next to a wonderful garden area. The apartment had everything you would need on your stay. Claire was the perfect host and very helpful with some ideas on what to see and visit. Thank you Claire for making our stay so wonderful.
We spent (family of 5; 3 teenage boys) 2 nights at Claire's great Nimes apartment. Beds were very comfortable, and apartment location is ideal. If you stay, be sure to visit the park right next door, with it's amazing temple and Magne Tower.
Claire is a great and gracious host, as others have said - we arrived late and were very pleasantly surprised to find Claire waiting for us with a fresh baked quiche!
The reservation was canceled 108 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
Loved our stay in Nimes. The apartment was perfect and in a very quiet area. All communication was very efficient and our host went out of the way to be of assistance to us. All attractions were in easy walking distance and facilities within the apartment were perfect.
The apartment was beautiful, safe with a gate and door security, and very quiet. It is adjacent to an ancient roman temple and park. The host was incredibly nice, responded fast, and went out of her way to make sure we were comfortable and had answers to all of our questions.
nous avons passé un excellent séjour a NIMES nous remercions Claire pour ses nombreux conseils L'appartement est idéalement situé et il est très agréable
Dass Appartement von Claire war sehr gut gelegen. Alle Sehenswürdigkeiten in Nimes sind von hier aus zu Fuß zu erreichen, bzw. ist man eigentlich schon mittendrin (Tempel der Diane ist direkt vor dem Balkon). Claire ist eine sehr freundliche und zuvorkommende Gastgeberin. Sie gibt wertvolle und interessante Tipps zum Aufenthalt.
Non seulement l'appartement de Claire est spacieux, confortable et idéalement situé, mais Claire est également une hôte remarquable qui prend soin de ses visiteurs, recommandant les moindres lieux et activités possibles dans la région et je peux vous dire qu'elle la connait bien. Un séjour fantastique, merci encore Claire !
Claire was an excellent hostess and made us feel very welcome. She arranged for a friend to pick us up from the train station as she was away which was very much appreciated as this was our first excursion into France. Claire went out of her way to help us with local information and made our first week in France a very pleasant experience. The apartment itself was lovely, well appointed, quiet and in a lovely setting. Nimes was a wonderful place to visit and a great base for the area in general.
Claire was extremely helpful during our stay and provided many
suggestions of places to see both in Nimes and the surrounding areas.Claire is a most sweet and delightful person who took a keen
interest in ensuring that our week at the apartment with it's wonderful location next to the Temple of Diana and the Jardin de la
Fontaine was all that we would have wanted.The centre of Nimes
is only a 15 minute walk away and there are many interesting sites to (website hidden) mentioned by a previous reviewer,a larger bed and additional,brighter lighting in the kitchen would be good and I feel,
necessary improvements to the apartment.
I would highly recommend Claire's apartment and would definitely
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.