About this listing
TURQUOISE HAVEN! A haven in the true sense! The soothing colours, the quiet comfort and peace of the place, the privacy -are all the ingredients required for a restful vacation far from the hustle bustle of a busy lifestyle.
About the property:
Nestled in a safe, quiet and respectable neighbourhood of Dona Paula, this one-bedroom apartment affords a great getaway for the traveler who wishes to relax in peace and comfort. It is uniquely furnished and is a true haven.
The apartment is about 60 sq meters, on the 2nd floor. The bedroom (AC) with a large window and an attached western-style bathroom with geezer, overlooks the front of the house, while a spacious living-dining area with a large window overlooks a backyard with a mango tree and is great for complete privacy. A fully functional kitchen, and a utility room are tucked away to one side of the dining room. The windows have grills for complete safety.
The bedroom has a unique Queen sized bed, a settee, and a cupboard, all done up in stone masonry. The kitchen has an induction stove, fridge, microwave, water purifier, electric kettle, grill- cum toaster, cooking utensils, cutlery, crockery, glasses, mugs etc. Note that there is also a washer-dryer, an ironing table, an iron, and a clothes rack included on the premises.
The cool and spacious living area offers “sofas” made of stone masonry, with cushions and a wall mounted television (please bring your own DVD player with component-audio and S-video cabling). The dining area consisting of a unique glass topped dining table, and can comfortably seat 4 people.
This apartment does *not* have an inverter/UPS. Occasional brief power outages are commonplace in Goa.
Location – Neighborhood Description
A very safe and respectable neighbourhood. Within a 200 meters radius, you will find a taxi and bus stop, "Shop On Top" a general supermarket, "Soft Rock" a restaurant serving traditional Goan, Continental and Indo-Chinese cuisine, and "The Canadian Bear School" a child care center. Another 100 meters and you will find some banks (BOI & HDFC), an internet-cafe, a SIM card top-up/recharge booth, a confectioner store "Monginis", a Pathological Laboratory, a Pharmacy, and the Manipal Hospital that remains open 24/7/365! The Vainguinium beach, Cidade de Goa hotel, Vainguinium Vally resort, Sandalwood retreat, Chances Casino, Villa Sol Hotel and Rendezvous Restaurant are all within a 100-600 meters walk downhill. There is a post office and police station too. There is also a Yoga clinic very close by. There is a small travel agency down the road that offers a wide variety of services- from plane, bus and train bookings to Mandovi Sunset cruise reservations, sight-seeing tours, motor bikes, scooters, and cars for hire. Valid driving licenses are essential.
Overall, it's a very convenient and practical location. Never too far from the sea!
Attractions and distances
Within a 2 km walkable radius your options would include various other beaches, resorts and restaurants such as Sea Pebbles, Prianha By the Sea Resort, Sandlewood Resort etc offering traditional as well as mainstream culinary delights, and some prominent landmarks such as the famous Dona Paula Jetty with jet skiing, boating and seasonal fishing, and the National Institute of Oceanography, Goa University and the Governor's Mansion are within a 3 km radius. Grab a taxi/car and you can be at the Miramar Beach in 10 minutes, Panjim (the capital city) in 15 minutes, and Old Goa in 20 minutes. North Goa beaches such as Candolim, Calangute, Anjuna, Baga, Arambol etc are about 20- 40 minutes from here. South Goa beaches and resorts are also reachable in 40- 50 minutes’ drive. There are the Spice Plantations, temples, Doodsagar water falls, some caves are reachable within one to one and a half hour’s drive.
Please take a look at the map below for more landmarks in What the vicinity.
Check-in time Confirmation required
Check-out time Confirmation required
Kitchen facility is available. Breakfast items (eggs, bread, butter, juice, tea, sugar and milk etc) will be provided for the first day, to help you settle in :).
The location boasts almost any amenity or service necessary for a comfortable, safe and fulfilling stay.
First Aid Kit
Taxi and bus stop
Child care center
Bank & ATMs (BOI & HDFC)
SIM card top-up/recharge booth
Manipal Hospital (24/7/
Other Things to Note
This apartment is intended to be a "Home Away From Home" and I hope that guests will take really good care of it during their stay.
MANDATORY HOUSE RULES (at all times)
- Absolutely no smoking or drugs on premises.
- No pets allowed on premises.
- All provided amenities (air conditioners, geezer, electrical gadgets & appliances, fixtures, furnishings, utensils, crockery, cutlery, linen, towels etc.) to be carefully handled and not misused or removed.
- General cleanliness to be maintained.
- Please do not wipe dirty/oily hands or feet on the face or bath towels because they get badly stained. Please utilize the provided paper tissues for that instead.
- Please do AVOID cooking very pungent or strong flavored foods as the odors are hard to remove and can permeate the house and all the fabrics. Please keep the kitchen windows/exhaust fan open when using the kitchen.
- Washed clothes to be hung only in designated places.
- Please REMOVE the bed covers, and fold and neatly place them elsewhere before sleeping. Bed covers are NOT to be used for sleeping (either under, or above).
- Water and electricity utilization are to be kept within reasonable and economical limits. All transient-use electronic devices -- fans, lights, air-conditioning, tv etc -- are to be *switched off* when not in use or when leaving the apartment.
- Alcohol consumption within respectable limits.
- Decent and respectable conduct.
- Noise levels to be kept within respectable limits at all times, (especially if there are children), and especially during the night, because there could be Guests staying above or below stairs.
- Internet is provided for *casual/light use only* -- email, web surfing etc. It is *not* to be used for downloading or streaming of movies, or for any other data-intensive applications.
- Garbage to be left in a bag (neatly wrapped) outside the apartment door at night to be cleared early morning.
- Doors, windows and grills to be always shut and bolted when leaving the premises.
- If you happen to be the only occupants of the building at any time, please see that the Main Entrance Door Downstairs is properly locked from the inside, but NOT bolted from the inside, in case other guests arrive for the other apartments and need to get in, or the Houseboy to clean and remove garbage. Please DO NOT BOLT any room doors from the inside at any time!
- Kindly switch off the staircase lights at night before turning in to conserve on electricity.
- There is no safe in the house. Guests will be responsible for their own personal belongings, and we will not be held liable for any loss, theft, or damage to the same.
Note: Due to caveats with AirBnb host insurance for India, effective immediately all guests will be required to sign a general Release of Liability form at the time of check-in (as per AirBnb guidelines).
In accordance with the Government of Goa requirements, it is mandatory for ALL guests to give me copies of the following documents on arrival:
For all guests coming from overseas, copies of their
- Indian visa
- tickets to and from Goa
For all guests flying in from neighbouring cities, copies of their
- passport or Aadhar card or PAN card
- tickets to and from Goa
For all guests driving into Goa, copies of
- passport or Aadhar card or PAN card
- Driving License
- car registration number
This is intended to be your Home Away From Home. Please help me keep it that way. :)
Thank You. :)
We stayed at Tourquise heaven for one week and liked the place very much. Everything worked as expected in this safe and quiet neighbourhood. We rented a scooter from an outlet close by an was able to roam around in Panaji and beaches during our stay.
Turquoise Haven was a perfect place to stay! The location is ideal if you want easy access to beaches but avoid the crowds of tourists and feel like a bit more of a local. Tasneem was a gracious host and all of her suggestions and recommendations were spot on, she was a pleasure to chat with also. The unit had everything we needed and then some, very clean and comfortable and well equipped. My only negative would be the shower was not quite as depicted in the listing, no glass or shower curtain, a hand held shower head that only mounted at waist height and seemed to deliver either very hot OR very cold water. Not ideal but only a small issue and easily overlooked. We would certainly recommend this place and stay again!
I am sorry that the shower was a bit of a disappointment to you. Actually, as shown in the pics of the listing, it is a simple bathroom and there were glass panels on both sides of the shower area but one of them had been accidently broken shortly before you arrived, and in the best interests of the guests, for their safety, I had had the second glass panel also removed temporarily. Regarding the shower head, the previous guests didnt seem to have had any problems, but if you had brought it to my notice about the mixer when you were here, I would have had it fixed by my plumber rightaway. :-(
Friendly and warm host. Very helpful always available. Lovely smile. We felt at home here. Accommodation roomy clean on a quiet street in a small apartment building. Highly recommend this place and Tasneem.
- the apartment looks amazing, as beautiful as in the photos. It is large, light, with plenty of space. It is equipped with everyhting you can think of, including water purifier, toster, griller, washing machine, iron, etc.
- Tasneem is the perfect host that you could ask for. Besides being pleasant and nice as a person, she has been extremely helpful in every situation that I required assistance. On the first day of my arrival she stuffed the fridge with some food and juice, for free. She had a drawn map with every single shop or turistical attraction in the area. She took the time to tell me about everywhere I can go and have fun. Besides the wi-fi in the apartment, she borrowed me her mobile internet device so that I could use it with my laptop everywhere. When I lost my keys once, she immediately sent her driver to bring me another pair of keys. I really felt deep and sincere care from her all the time.
- the neighborhood is nice, at a few hundred meters away there is a restaurant and a shop, there are also some other shops and banks at a few minutes walk distance.
- the beaches nearby are almost empty, with few people, and you have to walk approx 10-15 minutes to the closest ones. If you like solitude, then this beaches are for you. If you like lots of people, fun and party, then you'd have to drive about an hour - an hour and a half to get to some crowded beaches.
- the overall experience was amazing, 5 stars out of 5, better then at a 5 star hotel.
Thank you, Tasneem, for the beautiful apartment and all the care and assistance which made my trip unforgettable.
The turquoise haven is lovely, clean and very comfortable. It has everything you could need in an apartment. It is a great getaway from the busier parts of Goa, very peaceful and the perfect place to relax. It's a 10 minute walk from the beach and there is a great restaurant at the end of the road. Tasneem was so helpful, friendly and welcoming. She had left us breakfast things for the next day and was always available to answer questions if needed. I would definitely stay again. Thank you!!
Thank you Amy. That's very sweet of you and you are always welcome to stay in my apartment even as early as NEXT YEAR!! ;) Regards to your husband. You both took such good care of my apartment and were so prompt i reviewing it. I fully appreciate it, and hope to be in touch with you. Best of luck and have a wonderful holiday in India.
Dear Tasneem, it happened to be my first visit to Goa and it was a great time I had there. Besides Goa itself it was your place that made my stay there a full success. The apartment had all the amenities you need to feel comfortable and feel like at home. In addition many thanks for the help to plan the details of my stay. You put a lot of work and recommendations into this and it helped me very much. I can definitely recommend Tasneems place offered by a lady it was always a pleasure to talk to.
Thank you very much Herbert. It was truely very nice hosting you and communicating with you, specially prior to your arrival here when you were planning the trip and the sightseeing tours. It was a pleasure. And thank you for taking good care of my apartment. You are welcome to stay here again in the future when you plan another visit. Do keep in touch. Best of luck, best regards, and thank you.
Tasneem's apartment is clean and organized, making my stay in Goa pleasant. Tasneem herself was very helpful, arranging an airport pickup, stocking materials for breakfast on the first day, and remaining responsive throughout my stay. The location is also very convenient, near shops and a taxi/bus stand. This is a great option for anyone looking for reliable, safe, and clean accommodation.
This host has 52 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Tasneem
Thanks for checking out our listings! We have been managing vacation rentals for more than 2 years. Aside from hosting, we enjoy seeing new places and meeting new people.
Having collectively travelled to the USA, UK, Germany, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, UAE, Syria, Turkey, Kenya, Ukraine, Canada and Sri Lanka, and with more travel planned in the coming years, we believe the abode can make or break the travel experience. Consequently, we have setup our vacation rentals to be the kind of abode that we ourselves - comfort seeking travellers with a discerning eye for aesthetics - would be drawn to, and very possibly might consider to be the highlight of our travels. If you take a look at our listings, and reviews, we hope you might feel similarly inclined.
We also view vacation rentals as an excellent opportunity to explore our passion for interior design, and artistic expression whilst also experiencing different cultures by meeting and interacting with new people. You will therefore find our listings unique in their aesthetic appeal, choice of location and neighborhood, thoughtful provision of amenities, and meticulous attention to detail, whilst also finding us to be warm and altruistic hosts.