Some recent comments: "Great bed, great shower...we would love to stay here again next time we travel to LA...Great place! Like staying at a friend's!" Come join us for a weekend or longer. Why stay in a hotel or motel when you can have your own Airstream adventure for less? Parked in the backyard of a private home, this private 27 foot Airstream comes with everything you need for an enjoyable stay. The Airstream is located on our pie shaped lot toward the back - our lot goes street to street - the Airstream guests use the back gate to enter. The 1974 Airstream has been completely re designed in an eco chic style with cork flooring, wrap around lounge, small kitchenette, Tempur Pedic queen mattress, private W/C and outdoor hot shower. There is a flat screen TV with HDTV 500+ channels, DVD player, high speed wi-fi, ipod ready speakers, a work space, small refrigerator, kettle, coffee press and sink.
The neighborhood Mar Vista is great, centrally located and a 15 minute drive from LAX. Close to the nightlife in Venice, Santa Monica and Marina Del Rey. A 15 minute bike ride to Venice Beach and the Venice Canals.
Don’t want to rent a car? No problem. The house is located:
•2 Blocks from restaurants on Venice Blvd including The Curious Palate and Earl’s Gourmet Grub, the Grind organic coffee house and Sunny’s Greek Grill.
•3 blocks away from a great club with live music, and a bowling alley 2 blocks away.
•2 blocks from a weekly organic Farmer’s Market.
•Half a block from the Venice bus line, the “33” and 2 blocks from the “Big Blue Bus” to Santa Monica.
•Grocery store is 10 minute walk and Whole Foods is a 10 minute bike ride. There’s a bodega on the corner ¼ block away.
• Bicycle rental upon request.
• Laundromat is 2 blocks away.
If you do rent a car there is plenty of street parking available, immediately outside our back gate.
- Cork floors
- Sitting area with L shaped sofa, coffee table
- TV with 500 + channels HD
- DVD Player & some DVDs
- Radio and iPod hookup with sub woofer and speakers
- Magazines & Book Exchange
- Electric Kettle
- Coffee Maker - French Press
- Under counter Fridge
- Cutlery & plates
- Coffee & Tea Supplies.
- Fresh carafe of double filtered tap water
- Wine glasses and wine opener
- Menus of take out and delivery places and local restaurants.
- Map of nearby restaurants, grocery stores, bus stop, library, etc.
- Bar stool under counter: kitchenette doubles as work space.
- Very comfortable Tempur-Pedic Queen size bed
- Quality Bed Linens & Towels (Beach Towels & Beach Umbrella also provided)
- Down comforter and pillows with Down Alternative options available upon request
- Mattress and pillows have Dust Mite/Bed Bug/Allergens protective covers
- Under the bed storage for suitcases
- dresser with drawers, no closet
- Vanity Mirror
- Toilet is inside Airstream, is pedal flush, plumbed to sewer line (not an RV toilet)
- Sink is across from W/C in the kitchenette
- Outdoor shower is 5 steps away from the airstream, a hot water shower and also has a seat.
- Shower is stocked with eco friendly shampoo, soap and conditioner, shower grey water is recycled into the bamboo!
- 2 cotton bath robes are provided for your 5 steps to the shower and back.
- Plenty of plush cotton towels provided laundered with eco hypoallergenic detergent.
- hair dryer
- Seating for 2 with a table and heater, for your exclusive use but not separate from yard.
- Shade sail above patio.
- Soothing Moroccan fountain with gentle splashing water sounds.
- Riotous bougainvillea and papyrus out your windows.
- two beach chairs provided, back pack type with cooler pocket attached.
- big matching beach umbrella make your beach day more pleasant.
PRIVACY & COMFORT:
- The airstream is parked at an angle to the house for privacy.
- The outdoor shower enclosure is bamboo fencing, completely private.
- Airstream is fully insulated and has a new heater and Air Conditioner.
- Cork floors muffle sound and are soft to the touch.
- Windows facing neighbors are blocked out with grass cloth and can be opened, your choice.
- We have a dog, Lalu, that you will meet upon check in.
- Lalu will be allowed in the back yard only when Kiki or Salim can supervise.
- When Kiki or Salim are not home, the dog will be in the front yard (separate from the Airstream in the backyard) or inside the house or in her crate.
-Our check-in time is 3pm-5pm.
-It may be possible to arrange a later check in, depending upon hosts' schedule.
-Please note we only do short term stays and have no monthly rate. Please contact us for weekly rate.
-private gated entrance
While we always enjoy chatting with our guests, we are a busy family and sometimes miss meeting our guests entirely. If you are looking for privacy, this is the place for you. Generally, we leave our guests to enjoy their trip. We are available by text if there are questions or issues that come up.
Search the "Mar Vista Oval" and you will find our neighborhood. You can see the Airstream on street view in satellite mode on that famous maps search website they won't let me name here.
Half a block from the Venice bus line, the “33” and 2 blocks from the “Big Blue Bus” to Santa Monica.
|Room type:||Entire home/apt|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||No Charge|
|Minimum Stay:||2 nights|
|Check In:||3:00 PM|
|Check Out:||11:00 AM|
Loved the Airstream and the setup. Very clean and well taken care of. We had a great time staying with Kiki and Salim. Thanks guys!
The reservation was canceled 37 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
SALIM AND KIKI were very friendly people! Very spacious and beautiful trailer that's just inside their peaceful garden and great location. The bus nearby takes you to Santa Monica or Venice Beach or Main Street with some restaurants and bars... Great location and affordable!
kiki is very friendly and helpful!, the outdoor shower is great.
I'm a return visitor; just stayed with Kiki and Salim for the third time, and everything about my stay was perfect. Easy and comfortable. I'll be back again!
What a fabulous place to stay. Kiki an Salim are excellent hosts. Book and enjoy!
Kiki and Salim's airstream is so lovely, and a great alternative to a boring hotel room. We didn't meet Kiki because we were in and out at weird times, but she was very easy to get in touch with by text/email--and everything we needed (wifi!) was in the trailer when we arrived. Salim was so friendly, and even loaned us their bikes for a ride along Venice Beach. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.
This place is incredible. If you're in LA, make sure you stay here. I came to LA after a conference in a huge, anonymous business hotel and the contrast was amazing. The garden is so peaceful, and the outdoor shower is a huge plus. The airstream has everything you need for a short stay (and more) and is so comfortable and well-designed. I was sad to leave! But what a fantastic find (and total bargain). Thank you Kiki for having me!
we had a great stay at kiki and salims airstream. really calm and quiet in a beautiful garden, very safe neighborhood. they both were really nice and helpful and caring. we can only recommend staying with them and would have loved to come back, but it was already booked unfortunately - but hope to come again some day. and lalu, their puppy, is the cutest!
Kiki & Salim are great hosts. They respect your privacy, are friendly and responsive. The Airstream is clean, comfortable and conveniently located. We couldn't ask for better hosts or a better place to stay! Thanks Kiki & Salim!