About This Listing
Some recent comments: "Great bed, great shower...we would love to stay here again next time we travel to LA...Great place! Like staying at a friend's!" Come join us for a weekend or longer.
Why stay in a hotel or motel when you can have your own Airstream adventure for less? Parked in the backyard of a private home, this private 27 foot Airstream comes with everything you need for an enjoyable stay. The Airstream is located on our pie shaped lot toward the back - our lot goes street to street - the Airstream guests use the back gate to enter. The 1974 Airstream has been completely re designed in an eco chic style with cork flooring, wrap around lounge, small kitchenette, Tempur Pedic queen mattress, private W/C and outdoor hot shower. There is a flat screen TV with HDTV 500+ channels, DVD player, high speed wi-fi, ipod ready speakers, a work space, small refrigerator, kettle, coffee press and sink.
The neighborhood Mar Vista is great, centrally located and a 15 minute drive from LAX. Close to the nightlife in Venice, Santa Monica and Marina Del Rey. A 15 minute bike ride to Venice Beach and the Venice Canals.
Don’t want to rent a car? No problem. The house is located:
•2 Blocks from restaurants on Venice Blvd including The Curious Palate and Earl’s Gourmet Grub, the Grind organic coffee house and Sunny’s Greek Grill.
•3 blocks away from a great club with live music, and a bowling alley 2 blocks away.
•2 blocks from a weekly organic Farmer’s Market.
•Half a block from the Venice bus line, the “33” and 2 blocks from the “Big Blue Bus” to Santa Monica.
•Grocery store is 10 minute walk and Whole Foods is a 10 minute bike ride. There’s a bodega on the corner ¼ block away.
• Bicycle rental upon request.
• Laundromat is 2 blocks away.
If you do rent a car there is plenty of street parking available, immediately outside our back gate.
- Cork floors
- Sitting area with L shaped sofa, coffee table
- TV with 500 + channels HD
- DVD Player & some DVDs
- Radio and iPod hookup with sub woofer and speakers
- Magazines & Book Exchange
- Electric Kettle
- Coffee Maker - French Press
- Under counter Fridge
- Cutlery & plates
- Coffee & Tea Supplies.
- Fresh carafe of double filtered tap water
- Wine glasses and wine opener
- Menus of take out and delivery places and local restaurants.
- Map of nearby restaurants, grocery stores, bus stop, library, etc.
- Bar stool under counter: kitchenette doubles as work space.
- Very comfortable Tempur-Pedic Queen size bed
- Quality Bed Linens & Towels (Beach Towels & Beach Umbrella also provided)
- Down comforter and pillows with Down Alternative options available upon request
- Mattress and pillows have Dust Mite/Bed Bug/Allergens protective covers
- Under the bed storage for suitcases
- dresser with drawers, no closet
- Vanity Mirror
- Toilet is inside Airstream, is pedal flush, plumbed to sewer line (not an RV toilet)
- Sink is across from W/C in the kitchenette
- Outdoor shower is 5 steps away from the airstream, a hot water shower and also has a seat.
- Shower is stocked with eco friendly shampoo, soap and conditioner, shower grey water is recycled into the bamboo!
- 2 cotton bath robes are provided for your 5 steps to the shower and back.
- Plenty of plush cotton towels provided laundered with eco hypoallergenic detergent.
- hair dryer
- Seating for 2 with a table and heater, for your exclusive use but not separate from yard.
- Shade sail above patio.
- Soothing Moroccan fountain with gentle splashing water sounds.
- Riotous bougainvillea and papyrus out your windows.
- two beach chairs provided, back pack type with cooler pocket attached.
- big matching beach umbrella make your beach day more pleasant.
PRIVACY & COMFORT:
- The airstream is parked at an angle to the house for privacy.
- The outdoor shower enclosure is bamboo fencing, completely private.
- Airstream is fully insulated and has a new heater and Air Conditioner.
- Cork floors muffle sound and are soft to the touch.
- Windows facing neighbors are blocked out with grass cloth and can be opened, your choice.
- We have a dog, Lalu, that you will meet upon check in.
- Lalu will be allowed in the back yard only when Kiki or Salim can supervise.
- When Kiki or Salim are not home, the dog will be in the front yard (separate from the Airstream in the backyard) or inside the house or in her crate.
-Our check-in time is 3pm-5pm.
-It may be possible to arrange a later check in, depending upon hosts' schedule.
-Please note we only do short term stays and have no monthly rate. Please contact us for weekly rate.
-private gated entrance
Interaction with Guests
While we always enjoy chatting with our guests, we are a busy family and sometimes miss meeting our guests entirely. If you are looking for privacy, this is the place for you. Generally, we leave our guests to enjoy their trip. We are available by text if there are questions or issues that come up.
Search the "Mar Vista Oval" and you will find our neighborhood. You can see the Airstream on street view in satellite mode on that famous maps search website they won't let me name here.
Half a block from the Venice bus line, the “33” and 2 blocks from the “Big Blue Bus” to Santa Monica.
No smoking in the Airstream, outside on the patio is OK.
2 adults (or one adult and one child) maximum occupancy.
No cooking or grilling or bar-B-Que is available on premises.
Our check-in time is 3pm-5pm.
It may be possible to arrange a later check in, depending upon hosts' schedule.
Please note we only do short term stays and have no monthly rate. Please contact us for weekly rate.
This Airbnb experience was really fun! The Airstream was located in the backyard of Kiki and Salim's house, in a pretty garden area. The outdoor shower was very comfortable, as was the space, which has a super-comfy bed and a little living room area. Kiki and Salim were great hosts, very friendly and warm, and we really enjoyed our stay. We also loved the neighborhood, which is pretty, quiet, and residential. We loved that it was a short drive to the trendy area of Venice with a lot of shops and restaurants, but wasn't right in the middle of all of it! It was a perfect place for us to relax and we would definitely recommend...
This was my first AirBnB stay. I had a great experience in the Airstream. The shower was very refreshing and invigorating. Kiki and Salim were extremely nice. They were very accommodating with my schedule and check-in time. Their dog Bear was super sweet. All of the little added amenities were nice. Overall it was a very relaxing and tranquil place to stay.
Harvest of peace :) This place is very peaceful and calm. It was very convenient to rest after a big day in LA. The backyard is very welcoming with a cosy atmosphere. The Airstream is very nice too and we loved the outside eco-shower. Kiki and Salim lent us some beach cruisers to go to Venice ( 20minutes by bike). They were very welcoming and let us have our own privacy through the backdoor entrance. We were so sad we couldn't stay more.... We would highly recommend this place and their (website hidden) is also very convenient to go to LAX airport from their place ( 20 minutes).
I loved staying in Kiki & Salim's Airstream! It was exactly as pictured. Their place is beautiful, and it was perfect for my trip. They were both very nice. The bed was quite comfortable, and the linens clean. The outside shower was great too. It was a little bit dark inside the Airstream at night, but that didn't stop me from doing anything I wanted to do.
I will definitely stay here again next time in town!
Kiki and her family were super warm and friendly! Really enjoyed my week lazing in the airstream and playing with Lula ( the cute pitbull-mix ). The bed is so comfy and I really enjoyed playing music from the stereo into the room. There are a couple of good food trucks nearby and I recommend borrowing the bike and exploring the area. I use (website hidden) but be sure to check the individual food truck acct for an accurate posting of their location.
What an experience! :) we had a good stay at Kiki and Salim's place. The airstream is functional and well organized. The bed is good and the shower awesome! We loved the place :)
We recommend to have a car to be able to visit Los Angeles.
This host has 115 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
try the refyl travel soapVenice Boulevard Los Angeles CA 90066
delicious coffee patio out backVenice Boulevard Mar Vista CA 90066
convenient beachside (email hidden)aos not included!Los Angeles CA
fantastic happy hour. search it for more info.West Washington Boulevard Los Angeles CA 90066-5505