Completely renewed apartment in the heart of the historical center of Rome, in a building of 1640, in Piazza delle Cinque Scole, famous for its ancient fountain and S.Maria del Pianto church.
The apartment offers 2 independent Suite; each one has a living/night zone, a completely equipped kitchen partially separate and a perfect bathroom (one with full bath and one with shower). Each Suite has a double bed and a double sofa bed,
We are in the jewish district, popular for its history, restaurants and its ancient and elegant buildings. You are at walking distance by all the main attraction of Rome, just behind Largo Argentina, Piazza Venezia and Campo dei Fiori.
Just around the apartment you will find all what you need: grocery, bakery, bar, restaurant.
Despite that, this apartment is very soundless
Just crossing the river you get Trastevere and its soft movida. Vatican and San Pietro are reachable in few minutes by bus #23, which stop is at 100 meters by the building.
For guests :Internet wi-fi, Air conditioned, Hot water 24h/24h, 2 Home cinema with Dock Station will complete your comfort.
Children under 3 years are welcome ( free stay)
Respect of waste lined
Air cond and appliances off when outside
20e extra for check in later then 10 pm, 30e later then midnight
An incredible location. Close to restaurants, pedestrian-friendly (it’s within a pedestrian-only zone), very close to Piazza Argentina and transport. We were with a party of 9 that had 3 kids under 6 and two more under 12, and we enjoyed playing soccer in the piazza next to the apartment. There is a washing machine not pictured. We stayed in winter and it was nice and warm. We had no trouble with noise from the street, though I could imagine in the summer, when people are out more, you might have some issues with that. Also, the walls are a little thin between the apartments, which means you can hear each other. One down side--the showers weren't ideal, with the temperature varying and some difficulties getting the nozzle to stay in place, so just brace yourself for that. But we would definitely recommend staying here--the location was really superb, and we commented on it over and over again.
We stayed in Double Suite Ghetto for one week (11/25-12/3/14). We were actually rerouted to that apt as the one we were meant to stay in (Hyperloft in Trastevere) developed plumbing problems right before we arrived. The Ghetto area is very convenient to many destinations by foot and also there is very good bus service nearby. The apartment itself is very large. 2 totally separate apartments that are joined by a common entry. If you leave the doors to both apartments open it is like one large apartment. The apartments look out at a very cute square with no cars. It can be noisy but with the windows closed it's practically silent.
In general the apartment was an ideal base for us. We spent a great week in Rome. The apartment is not as bright as shown in the photos but maybe that has to do with the fact that is was mostly overcast of raining during our stay. However, both apartments are long and narrow and the only windows (one in each apt) are in the back.
Had a really great visit to Rome and Davide's apartment has the perfect location. Arrival at the apartment went very well. We called Sebastian upon landing in Rome and he was at the apartment to greet us and orient us to the apartment and the neighborhood.
- Besides taxis to/from the airport to the apartment we only used public transportation twice - buses to get to the Borghese museum and back from the Vatican Museum.
- All old city areas are within a 10 to 15 minute walk, as well as the Forum and Colosseum.
- Trastevere, with its great restaurants was easy to reach and a nice walk.
- The Jewish quarter is a great neighborhood. The four of us including an 11 and 14 year old always felt safe. There were many restaurants and it was nice for an evening walk. I recommend a visit to the Great Synagogue and museum since you are in the neighborhood.
- The apartment was quiet at night with the windows closed. A bit of loud music from a restaurant two nights but I wore earplugs and it didn't bother me.
- Had to use the AC a couple of nights and that work well as the apartment became warm during the night.
- Since we had both suites there were two kitchens, both well equipped including dish soap and towels.
- The apartment has umbrellas in case of rain.
Davide was very responsive through emails and phone. Overall I would give the location an A++ and the apartment an A-.
This host has 82 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
Hi , I'm Eva an Italian Interior designer and I hope to offer you an amazing experience in the Eternal City!
I'll be always at your side for any help or request before and during your days in Rome.
All the best!
UptTownRome Apartment's Manager