The best place to be for ACL, SXSW, Formula 1, the holidays or for any occasion! The is the perfect space, unbeatable location, incredible backyard and all the amenties you'll need for your stay!
LOCATION: Right in the heart of Austin in a historic beautiful, safe and eclectic neighborhood!
10 MINUTES to airport. Convenient access to IH 35. A stone’s throw to Big Stacy Park for picnic and open swimming pool. Super close to South Congress shopping, free music, fab food trailers and local artisans. Less than 3 miles to all SXSW/ACL activities, Warehouse District, 6th Street, bike rentals, Hike-n-Bike Trail. Walking distance to gas station, CVS, farm to market store, Whip Inn for fabulous beer selections and more.
SPACE: 1200 sq ft. non-smoking home. (welcome to smoke in backyard, ash trays to keep the backyard looking its best0.
Sleeps 4 in beds, 1 on couch or we can always provide an air mattress. Great for multiple couples, famlies and friends.
• 2 Bedroom - master with queen bed and guest room with queen bed.
• 1 feather down couch, (yes all the cushions are feather filled) it's amazingly comfy, it's 11ft long and the depth of a twin bed about 39" (additional air beds if needed)
• 2 Full Baths- fresh, new linens, towels, hairdryer and toiletries.
• Modern kitchen with all appliances and food prep appliances and dining utensils
• Dining area/Breakfast nook, main living room
• Front yard, private backyard with hammock, seating area, fire pit, grill, tables and chairs and, covered patio
• Flat screen tv with Cable, Wireless, Record Player, Stream Pandora from TV
• Driveway and plenty of street parking
• Security alarm, homeowner in town and able to be contacted in case of emergency
• Welcome basket of goodies!
Happy to answer whatever questions you may have just shoot us an email or call.
And lastly and most importantly we want you to have an incredible time in Austin! If you have any questions, needs or guidance etc. etc. we can help with that too!
Meredith & David
Be conscious, be nice, be respectful.
We love this house and the location, and we think you will too. We don't smoke, and we ask that you don't smoke inside either. Plenty of outdoor space for that! We love to entertain, and the house is great for that, inside and out. You're welcome to do that, but of course we ask that you take care of the house like we do!
Cleaning fee $100
Our stay at Meredith and David's house couldn't have been more pleasant. The location was perfect: it's close to South Congress, downtown Austin, the new boardwalk, and the airport.
Their house is filled with beautiful art, and love. They made us feel very welcome, and left us plenty of breakfast items, some local beer, and a bottle of wine. We had the most detailed instructions about the house, and plenty of great recommendations on where to eat and drink around town (and even in San Antonio, where we went for a day trip!).
They were easy to contact.
The backyard is large, and very beautiful, full of little loving details. We enjoyed it fully, and spent our last night in Austin there.
Thank you Meredith and David, for letting us stay at your wonderful house. Looking forward to staying there again soon!
Coming from Brooklyn (and, frankly, if you're coming from anywhere else), this was the best possible place we could have picked for a fun, relaxing weekend in Austin. Here's why:
1. Meredith and David (the hosts) - could not have done a better job making us feel more welcome. They gave us a starter kit of snacks and drinks, provided great tips for bars and restaurants, and in general were over-the-top accommodating and helpful.
2. The backyard - gigantic, comfortable, great lights.
3. Mattresses - holy smokes, insanely comfortable. We all slept like babies.
4. Walking distance to Rainey St - if you don't know Austin (and we didn't), it turns out this is a great perk if you're looking for solid bars.
5. Linens, pillows, towels, and some toiletries are supplied. Makes traveling that much easier.
6. The Neighborhood - gorgeous, safe, walkable to fun places. Love it.
7. The Internets - WiFi, easy access to Pandora, a sweet iPad docking station. All provided with clear instructions.
8. Laundry - Washer and dryer in the house. Love heading home with a suitcase full of clean laundry
9. Oh right, the backyard has a hammock. I'm putting this at 9, but it really belongs much higher.
10. Kitchen. Especially for those of us coming from small NYC apartments, a fully equipped/stocked kitchen is a pretty shocking luxury.
And the list goes on.
I highly recommend Meredith's home for your trip to Austin. The location is perfect. Travis Heights is a gem! You are conveniently located within walking distance to the unique shopping and dining experiences of S. Congress. We walked there numerous times with our 5 week old infant and my 69 year old mother. The house is beautiful and very accommodating. The bedrooms are large, spacious and have full-adjoining bathrooms. The living room is very comfortable and has plenty of natural light, record player with phenomenal tunes and cable TV with access to Netflix. The backyard patio is fantastic. We sat outside with our family and friends enjoying the beautiful weather and refreshments. The best part was the hostess. She was flexible, friendly and informative. We were able to contact her with questions and received very prompt replies. Upon our arrival, we were greeted with delicious snacks and beer. We will definitely stay again if we have the opportunity.
Myself and two other girls stayed at Meredith's home for SXSW. We were so impressed by how accommodating she was and how organized everything was when we arrived. We were welcomed with a basket of goodies, and she greeted us with a tour of her place and offered a lot of information to help us navigate SXSW. I highly recommend staying here. It's safe, clean, super cute and in walking distance of SXSW and Congress!
We had a wonderful stay at Meredith and David's house! The Travis Heights address is the perfect place to explore all that Austin has to offer- and that's a lot! When we arrived Meredith was there to give us a tour and answer any questions. We were also greeted with an amazing gourmet care package full with local treats such as cheese, chips and salsa, wine,... and even some thoughtful gifts for our 2 year old twin girls. The house is warm and comfortable and really made us feel as if we lived there. It is fully stocked with anything you may need for your stay. The backyard is unmatched! Enormous and fully equipped with comfortable seating in every nook and cranny. The pictures are accurate but don't even do justice to how great it is. We couldn't have loved it more!
Meredith and David were great hosts. Extremely accommodating and willing to help make our stay as easy as possible during SXSW. Thanks again for your help and allowing us to use your lovely home!
I am from Austin, TX and think this is one of the best cities EVER to live in and of course to visit! I love how friendly and laid back Austin is. Spending time outdoors at the springs, seeing live music, working on jewelry or all types of art classes and hanging with friends and family are some of my favorite things! And I can't forget travel and food, oh those things are TOP of the list! I've been lucky enough to travel to Bosnia, Israel, Turkey, Greece, Morocco to name a few and experience incredible food in all of the above. As I have visited these amazing places, it is just incredible to see how friends, family and total strangers open their homes to provide an authentic travel experience to me. We love to open our home and it is important to us to make sure our guests are set up right and have their own fantastic Austin experience!