Comfortable modern apartment suitable for 4 -> 2 couples / 1 couple with 2 children or teenagers / 4 friends. The area is safe and well connected to the underground network and buses (24/7) to Central London. Parks are accessible at 5 and 10min walk.
- The service and quality from a hotel with the feel of being at your own home.
- Breakast supplies: a selection of teas and coffee, some breakfast cereals, milk, bread, butter, jams and chocolate spread.
- A guide of the area with some recommendations for pubs, restaurants and places of interest. Some guide books and a map to experience London like a local.
- Modern and surprisingly spacious, the flat was recently entirely refurbished, the apartment can conveniently accommodate 4 adults in 1 master bedroom with king size bed and in the lounge 1 sofa which converts into a comfortable queen size bed.
- Fully equipped kitchen including dish-washer, microwave, electric hob, fridge/freezer, electric oven. Complementary Wi-Fi, flat screen TV, blu-ray DVD player, Wii, sound system. There is a balcony where you can enjoy the sunset with a glass of wine during summer evenings. The balcony offers views over the surrounding parks, canal and Olympic stadium.
- Fresh towels, bedding, complimentary shower gel /shampoo, iron, washing machine, toaster, electric kettle.
LOCATION and PUBLIC TRANSPORT
- Visitors usually comment on how green the area is for a London flat. The building is located alongside Regents Canal, Mile End Park and minutes away from Victoria Park. You can enjoy a lovely walk down to the Thames following the canal passing by Limehouse Marina if you go South and if you go North, you are 15min away from the lively Broadway Market. The apartment is located off the main road so there is no traffic and no noise!
- There are several pubs, bars and family restaurants available within a short stroll as well as other places of interest like Broadway market (Saturdays), Columbia Road flower market (Sundays), Brick Lane, the White Chapel Gallery, and the largest shopping center in Europe over at Westfield Stratford. You can also step over to welcoming and quaint Lauriston Village among other options. Refer to the Guidebook for detailed options.
1 bed room apartment fully equipped ideal for a family of 4 or 2 couples.
Interaction with Guests
Check in and check out in person. I always provide some additional information about what to do in London. There are maps and guide books inside the flat.
Up and coming neighbourhood, close to the vibrant alternative Brick Lane and Shoreditch . Proximity with Hackney and its cool places like Broadway Market and Dalston.
Great public transport connections to main sightseeing attractions:
- Subway - Central Line, District Line, Hammersmith & City Line at walking distance
- 24/7 Buses - 8, 25 - N8, N25 + D6 and 277 to Hackney and Canary Wharf
You can reach the shopping district around Oxford Circus (West End) in less than 20min with the Central Line. Liverpool Street Station (City of London) in less than 10 minutes.
Other Things to Note
Fresh bath towels
Fresh bed linens
Bathroom supplies (hand soap, shampoo, shower gel, toothpaste)
-We are sorry but no pets are allowed in the building and therefore we cannot accommodate and pets.
-Smoking IS allowed on the balcony (but not inside the flat.)
-Normally, check in from 3pm but often we can accommodate you earlier if you prefer, please just let us know and we will try and arrange things for you.
-Normally, check out is at 10am but, once again, if you need to stay longer we can often manage this (there is also the opportunity for you to leave your luggage in the flat).
-Our house is your home during your stay, so if you need anything else please just let us know.
Aurelien was a very welcoming host. We were 4 adults who stayed in his apartment in April 2015.
Aurelien saw us from afar / Palmers Road pulling our trolley bags. He had the extreme kindness to meet us half way and help us carry some bags.
We highly recommended Aurelien's apartment to would be temporary tenants.
Eine tolle Wohnung, die absolut der Beschreibung entspricht. Sie liegt in einem ruhigen Haus und in einer ruhigen Gegend. Die Wohnung ist komplett ausgestattet und wir haben nichts vermisst. Der "Clou" ist jedoch der Gastgeber, der schon vor unserer Ankunft uns viele Tipps gegeben hat und sogar den Transport vom Flughafen organisiert hat. Sogar unser erstes Frühstück haben wir im Apartment vorgefunden. Absolut empfehlenswert und wir werden sicher wiederkommen.
The flat is clean and well appointed. Communication was prompt and friendly. Aurelien is definitely a foodie and had a full pantry of nice grub if your prefer to cook and eat a few meals in. He was also very gracious to offer us to take some artisan food products back home with us that we enjoyed. The building and unit are well secured and require multiple key fob access to gain entry. This comes to my first recommendation is if you are staying as a group of 3 or 4 or like me had separate itineraries with my wife (I was in London for work while she came for pleasure), please let Aurelien know in advance to provide an extra set of keys. Unfortunately my wife and I had to coordinate our schedules as there was only one key available and Aurelien was out of the country. Also note the neighbourhood is area of re-gentrification and unfortunately we need witnessed 2 instances of petty theft while walking around the area in the evening. Something to consider as I have stayed in other neighbourhoods in London before and have not had this issue.
Thank you for your honest and detailed feedback.
I'm glad you enjoyed the food and your stay in my apartment. It is unfortunate that I was out of the country and couldn't get you another set of key.
About the petty theft I believe it is bad luck as I have been living in this flat for over 6 years and have never been troubled nor noticed any petty theft. I guess like in any big cities things happen.
Nous avons séjourné dans cet appartement cosy une semaine en mars et nous nous y sommes sentis très bien. C'est Ross qui nous a très gentiment accueilli et Aurélien a été un hôte très prévenant . Tout était prêt pour un bon petit déjeuner en famille.
Nous avons apprécier les conseils d'Aurélien sur les différents lieux de restauration du quartier.
L'environnement de l'appartement est calme, très agréable près du Regent canal que l'on peut longer pour rejoindre la station de métro Mile end ou pour une balade sympa. Pour un prochain séjour nous y reviendrons avec beaucoup de plaisir.
Romuald, Gaëlle, Alexis et Maxence.
Desde que llegamos nos pareció estar en nuestra propia casa...no faltaba ni un detalle....todo muy limpio y muy cómodo. No se oyen ruidos de ningún tipo de los vecinos....el barrio super tranquilo y con dos paradas de metro muy cercanas (la de Miles End mucho más).
Desde luego un 10 para Aurelien, además de estar siempre muy atento a cualquier consulta. Perfect!!!!!
Aurelien is a great host. He provided us with a lot of information about the neighbourhood like good places to eat and drink. The communication with him was easy and he was very responsive.
The apartment is very clean and cozy. The location is really good, the tube is about 10 min to walk through a nice little park.
We had a great time in his apartment can recommend it completely.
Aurelien heeft direct contact opgenomen en heeft ons voorzien van veel nuttige informatie betreffende het transport van het vliegveld naar het appartement, tips voor restaurants, pubs en winkels in de buurt en tips en een site met activiteiten. In de keuken lag een ruime sortering voor het ontbijt voor ons klaar. Er was voldoende koffie en thee. In het appartement stond i.v.m. de kerstdagen een kleine kerstboom klaar. Aurelien was er zelf niet aanwezig, maar de sleuteloverdracht was prima geregeld. We hadden een goede routebeschrijving gekregen vanaf het metro-station/ bushalte Mile End en we konden de sleutel bij de concierge ophalen. Het internet was prima geregeld. Alle informatie werd prima gecommuniceerd via de e- mail.
I'm a real foodie and love discovering the world. Being European, I've started by exploring the neighbouring countries. I absolutely love the diversity that you can find in Europe. Drive 300km and see a different scenery, meet a new culture and taste something new. Through this platform, I'm looking forward to host people from all over the world and share the London I love with them.