Peaceful & Private Studio Cottage w/ New Spa!
(6 block walk to Butterfly Beach, 2mi to downtown SB)
Accommodations: Cottage, Studio, 1 Bath (Sleeps 2)
Rent may be negociable for monthly stays.
Please come and enjoy this peaceful and serene setting and our Butterfly Beach Studio Cottage. Tucked away down a quiet lane and still close to all amenities, we know you will love it here. A short walk to Coast Village Road, you will find everything you need... coffee, restaurants, shopping, groceries, and Butterfly Beach near the Four Season's Biltmore Hotel.
Situated on our property, but not attached to our home is our unique, beachy cottage with private entrance and large, private patio deck for your enjoyment. This studio has always been a long term rental, but after a beautiful renovation we have decided to make it a vacation rental so others can enjoy as much as we do.
Sit back in the spacious, private patio and barbecue after a lovely day at the beach or connect your laptop to our personal WiFi anywhere on the property. Enjoy a movie on the 40' flat screen TV or your favorite HD Direct TV program you've recorded on the DVR. There is a mini kitchen with granite counter and sink plus small appliances for all of your needs.
The cottage is cozy and can fit 2 adults comfortably, and 1 child or 2 small children. We have everything you need for the beach including towels, beach chairs, umbrella, and boogie boards. We also have bicycles for your enjoyment including 2 stylin' beach cruisers. We'd love to give you local advice on everything from touring downtown on your beach cruiser to our favorite local hikes. Ask us anything! We've been in town for over 30 yrs.
We've also just added a 2 person spa/jacuzzi on the deck. Great for relaxing after a day at the beach or for star gazing with a glass of wine and your favorite someone!
We know you will love it here and we look forward to meeting you soon. Bob & Athena (and Nicole-our daughter who handles all bookings)
CHECK-IN TIME IS AFTER 4:00pm PST unless prearranged with owner.
1. This is a NON-SMOKING unit.
2. Pets are not permitted in cottage unless agreed upon by owner and Pet Agreement Signed.
3. Damage/Reservation Deposit- A damage/reservation deposit of $100.00 is required. The deposit is NOT applied toward rent: however, it is fully refundable within seven (7) days of departure, provided the following provisions are met.
a) No damage is done to unit or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear. b) No charges are incurred due to contraband, pets or collection of rents or services rendered during stay. c) All debris, rubbish &discards are placed in trash containers outside gate on property. d) Soiled dishes should be washed and left to dry. e) All keys are left on the table and unit is left locked. f) No linens are lost or damaged. g) No early check-in or late check-out unless agreed upon by homeowner. h) Parking in designated space only.
4. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY-The maximum number of guests for the cottage is limited to three (3) persons.
5. THIS PROPERTY REQUIRES A THREE (3) NIGHT MINIMUM STAY unless agreed upon by owners.
6. Longer minimum stays may be required during holiday periods.
7. NO DAILY MAID SERVICE – While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate however is available upon request for a fee. We supply beach towels as we do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the unit.
8. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS-Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit, and /or rental money and the party will not be permitted to check-in.
9. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS- Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
After meeting in Santa Barbara and marrying here in 1979, we decided to find the perfect property for us. We love the beach and wanted a location that we could walk to most everything or be a few minutes drive away. We bought this property in 1982 and have remodeled and renovated to make it a wonderful home and environment for raising our 3 children. We decided to share this ideal setting with others so that you may enjoy this part of California as much as we do.
We love the beach, biking, beach volleyball, kayaking, hiking, tennis and our kids also enjoy surfing, yoga, paddleboarding and rock climbing as well. All of these activities are withing a 10 minute walk or car ride from our property.
One of our favorite travel destinations is Hawaii. We would love to have a house there someday!