Welcome to our 2-bedroom, 2-bath condo with private garage in the heart of Colorado ski country. You'll find a clean, comfortable retreat backing up to a national forest, yet just steps away from a grocery store and bus stop.
NOTE: I strive to reply to inquiries within an hour (often sooner).
Our 2-bedroom, 2-bath top-floor condo backs up to a beautiful aspen grove, but is centrally located in the heart of Summit County's ski country. Keystone, Breckenridge, Copper Mountain and Arapahoe Basin are just minutes away. Need some groceries or drinks to celebrate after a day on the slopes? A newly remodeled grocery/liquor store is just 50 yards from our front door.
And no scraping snow off your car -- leave it in our private oversized garage, along with your skis or snowboards. Inside our 900-square-foot condo, you'll find everything you need to stay entertained:
* Good furniture, including very comfortable queen-size beds in each room
* Available Pack N Play (with optional bassinet; just need to bring sheets/blanket)
* Fully stocked kitchen with oven, stove, microwave, coffeemaker (with coffee) and toaster
* Free and fast high-speed WiFi, plus 5-bar cell coverage
* A 50-inch flat-screen HDTV with expanded cable (featuring more than 70 channels, including four HBO channels and five ESPN channels) and a DVD player
* iHome docking stations to charge your iPhone or iPod and play music
* Back deck and bedrooms showcase views of the adjacent aspen grove and Buffalo Mountain
* Ski-in/ski-out Cross Country skiing
We provide all the amenities you expect at home, including comfy linens, towels, toiletries (soap, shampoo and conditioner) and ionic hair dryers. You can wash your clothes in the in-unit washer and dryer, using the laundry detergent and dryer sheets provided.
An abundance of diversions await you from your central location in Silverthorne. Summit Stage, the free county transportation line, picks up riders just outside your door and stops at ski and shopping destinations. Steps from the condo, jump on the Salt Lick trailhead to hike, snowshoe, cross-country ski or mountain bike as far as you’d like, across many miles of trails criss-crossing the adjacent U.S. National Forest land. Some of the best ski resorts in the world are a short drive away, such as Keystone (9 miles), Copper (12 miles), Arapahoe Basin (14 miles), Breckenridge (15 miles), Vail (32 miles) and Beaver Creek (43 miles). Access to Lake Dillon is 5 minutes away. Silverthorne and the nearby towns of Frisco and Dillon feature beautiful city parks and trails for running, walking and biking. The Outlets at Silverthorne are just down the road. For those seeking full-service indoor activities, Silverthorne’s 65,000-square-foot Recreation Center (5-minute drive; $12 daily fee, with a $2 daily discount coupon on its website) features a hot tub, a sauna, a spa, cardio and free weight equipment, a running track, a huge indoor aquatics area with a waterslide, racquetball courts and a variety of fitness classes for all levels.
For day-to-day needs, a Target, a City Market grocery store and an eight-screen movie theater are within a 5- to 10-minute drive. Lunch and dinner options are abundant at all price points, whether you crave fast casual or more formal options. More recommendations are included in the binder kept at the condo that we’ve assembled for your use.
On the day of your arrival, my property manager will send you a text message with the door code (which is good for the duration of your stay).
1. Marijuana is not allowed at our condo. Absolutely no marijuana/cigarette smoking or drug use on the property -- not inside the unit or outside on the balcony.
2. Please treat this property as you would your own and respect our neighbors. Keep your noise to a reasonable level during evening and early morning hours.
3. Remove your shoes or boots and place them in the boot tray near the door.
4. We have a private oversized 1-car garage for your use. If you have a second car, please let me know, as you need a permit to park in the parking lot -- or you risk getting towed.
5. No pets are allowed, per HOA rules.
6. If you damage anything, tell us. Help us keep the unit in pristine order for everyone to enjoy.
I'm a hopeful old soul.
Affordable travel to new (and old) places is my favorite thing in the world, next to libraries and the family and friends I hold dear. I love experiences that immerse me in new cultures. My favorite activities include running, hiking, backpacking, skiing and healthful cooking.
My favorite places in the world include San Francisco, Calif. (near which I grew up); Yosemite National Park; Florence, Italy; and Mount Whitney, which my husband and I summited after two attempts. I look forward to showing them to our young daughters someday.