Peaceful, Beautiful private Studio wooden rustic cabin next to some of the MOST Beautiful beaches of Rincón( Steps Beach, Tres Palmas and Marias). Walking distance to local restaurants and into town. Enjoy the view of the ocean while drinking your coffee or tea in the morning...
• The cabin is only a few steps from the beach. Located on beautiful and private property, under a huge mango tree and palm trees. Go to sleep by the sound of the waves.
• Ground level studio style cabin, Queen size bed. (Additional single size bed available upon request for $20/day)- HOT water,FREE wi-fi , Ceiling fan and second fan (We believe on Reducing carbon footprint so this property has no A/C), mini refrigerator , Coffee pot, toaster. Coffee and cream provided by host. There is a private outdoor patio shaded by an overhanging mango tree.
• Free Wi-Fi Internet. / Linens, towels, coffee, included/ • Private entrance. /• 3 Blocks from Public Beach Park and downtown. / •Very safe and quite.
Respectful and responsible parties ONLY. We live on the property - there is a private entrance to The Mango Tree Cabin
Children Policy:The place is more enjoyable for adults. No children under 12 at this time.
***If you are new to airbnb, please complete your profile with your picture, your profile info and some references, prior to submitting a request. Airbnb it a bit more personal than an average hotel and we are in very close contact. It is important for me to know a little about you before considering your request.
***Please note that there are different rates throughout the year depending on season and holidays. Feel free to ask me if you have any questions.
*Summer rates: $85 (Double Occupancy)
*Fall/Winter: $105-$115 (Double Occupancy)
* Spring Break $125 (Double Occupancy)
*There is also a weekly rate and a Monthly rate
All common areas, hammock, outdoor shower, breakfast table.
Interaction with Guests
I live in the property but as a guest you have complete privacy unless you need my assistance.
You can walk into town (20mns)
There are many beaches within walking distance
There are many restaurants within walking distance.
There are taxis available for longer commutes or after a night out.
Other Things to Note
Things to know: Rincon is known for being an animal compassion town. During our winter season many of our temporary residents either foster or adopt dogs that will then go on to their new happy permanent homes. Because of this during the winter season, there might be a little bit more barking than usual. These people do an amazing job in rescuing these pets, but please keep in mind that there might be some barking from time to time. and sometimes your occasional cow, "Juliet" :)
1. There is a microwave, coffee maker and one burner stove top to be used by guests, located on the porch of the main house. (Please wash dishes immediately after cooking)
2. Please wash dishes immediate after consumption to insure keep the place free of ants and other tropical insects.
3. Please be sure to bring any personal items that you might need, including hair dryer.
4. There is a place in the refrigerator for your food. I will provide the first gallon of water and coffee during your stay. There is a great grocery store for you to obtain the things you will need while visiting otherwise.
5. ONLY upon approval from host, you may bring company into the property. Please remember that this is my home and safety it’s very important.
6. Under no circumstances you may bring an extra person to spend the night, this is considered a bridge of safety and disruption of the host’s space.
7. The hour of 10:30 pm is considered quite time, which means please be mindful of the loud noises and voice. Please keep the front gate closed at all times with the lock/
8. Always take your key with you when you leave the property. ( Although this is a very safe area, it’s always better to be cautious).
9. The property is shared with me (the hostess) and sometimes other Airbnb guests, for this reason it’s very important to not bring anyone to the property that has not been previously authorized by the host. (again, this is a very important safety precaution since it makes the property vulnerable to strangers).
10. The Mango Tree Cabin is here for your enjoyment but cannot be the place to have gatherings of people or parties. My space is very sacred and it’s only shared with those I welcome as my guests. (Again for the safety of all) No parties are allowed. You may go to the beach with your guests or choose other locations.
11. Smoking: Smoking is only allowed on the designated area, please place cigarette butts in the ashtray only.
12. There are big trash bins outside of the property where you can place your trash daily.
13. We are trying to reduce our carbon footprint: Please turn off fans when leaving the Cabin and unplug any chargers, laptops, etc.
14. Please do not flush personal care items on the toilet.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Surf's Up Mango Tree Cabin. Ana was very gracious and generous with her time and attention whenever we had questions or needed directions or recommendations for places to visit and good restaurants. We were a short walk from one of the best beaches in Rincon where we swam daily and could walk back along the beach. We could also walk to some good restaurants because the cabin is in such a good location. We highly recommend Ana's Mango Tree cabin!
Hard to imagine a nicer place to stay in Rincon!
The cabin is a charming little escape with everything you might need - both indoor and outdoor showers, a very short walk to an amazing beach with spectacular sunset views, plus Rincon's best coffee/smoothie/salad spot is just across the road through an organic farm. Plus there's a shady hammock for afternoon relaxing.
Ana is a fantastic, considerate host and could not be more welcoming. She was happy to give tips on all of local spots, letting us know about a charming Sunday market and our (now) favorite local beach. Couldn't be better!
Ana's place in Rincon as just about perfect. Let's start with Ana herself. She's a five star host. She's incredibly warm, helpful and fun to be around. She perfectly balances providing great local knowledge (she texted us great restaurant recs, hooked us up with her salsa instructor, etc) without ever being intrusive. She basically makes you instantly feel at home.
The cabin is cozy, but by no means luxurious. It's perhaps a little bit pricey for what you get-there's no AC or TV (not that you need either one), the shower is pretty weak, etc. These things, however, are minor dings, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Ana's place for anyone looking to have a great time in Rincon. The beach is walking distance, but a car is nice to have as it's a relatively long walk into town. We hope to be back very soon.
Ana's house was great for our stay in Rincon. It was a nice change from a hotel - having a shaded yard and a kitchen to cool in. Very convenient and quiet location - 1 block front the ocean. Walking distance to carta Buena, shipwreck, and copa llena (fantastic brunch) and walking distance to the marina swimming beach. A great location for long walks on the beach and a short drive to lots of surfing beaches.
What a wonderful first airbnb experience we had at the Mango Tree Cabin! The casita is sweet and cozy and, with the sound of the ocean at night, and the birds and tree frogs, it was a simple, peaceful, and close-to-nature experience, which allowed us to unwind just as we hoped we would. We spent a lot of time relaxing on the patio under the mango tree, and never wanted to go home! Most important, Ana's kind spirit and generosity became for us the spirit of Rincon. She knows the area inside out, and was happy to give us tips about restaurants, beaches, and things to do. (We loved the food in Rincon!) One day she was headed off for a salsa lesson, and when I expressed interest, she arranged a lesson for us: what a blast! We are full of gratitude to Ana and are already planning a return to Rincon and Surf's Up at the Mango Tree Cabin.
The Mango Tree House was an oasis. Ana is amazing.
After staying in San Juan a few days we were ready to completely relax and this could not have been more perfect. This cozy space is right along a private beach and nestled as mentioned right under a huge mango tree. The grounds are gorgeous and you have plenty of seating, hammock, etc to enjoy and unwind here. The bed is amazingly comfortable and you have both indoor and outdoor shower! The home is spotless, clean with everything one would need to be right at home. She even provided delicious snacks, which we were grateful for after long days of surf and forgetting to eat!
Ana lives next door and was available and quick to answer any questions we had. She made awesome recommendations, my favorite was world music at the local bar on the final night of our stay. Bomba Urbana - incredible ~! ! If you are looking for a private, laid back place to stay where you will forget every stress I recommend to stay here : )
Ana was a great host in Rincon, we couldn't have felt more welcomed. Rincon is a quiet little town with a large tourist and seasonal visitor population. Ana's place is a block from the beach and two from a great swimming, snorkeling and paddleboat area, but more importantly two blocks from a restaurant with the best sunsets I've ever seen (she'll tell you where it is).
The room itself has a very natural vibe, and is nice and cosy. We had a few mosquitos on the first night, but Ana was very helpful and had citronella coils to get us through the rest of the stay relatively bug free. The house cat was also super cute (pro-tip: drop a leaf near it to watch the cat play in the yard).
Overall, Ana was very helpful and attentive in pointing us in the right direction around town, as well as introducing us to the room itself. The next time I stay in Rincon, I'll definitely stay here.
This host has 15 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
Hi guys!! Thank you for reviewing my listing! I am very easy going and relaxed. I was born in Puerto Rico and recently returned after living on the mainland for several years. I have many passions but among many I love to meet new people, travel and challenges. I am very proud of my little Rincon and always make sure that people leave here talking about their amazing experience... come and visit my little piece of heaven...you will fall in love!!
My little Rosie, which you see mentioned in almost all the reviews, passed away on January, 2014 RIP my little angel...she left however, a little outdoor kitty whom I am almost sure is half cat/dog. I named him Popcorn. He will never replace the fun and joy from Rosie, but he will surely make you laugh. ( I never been a cat person, but Popcorn has changed my mind) :)
I also teach Spanish as a second language and can customized your experience while you are here!
Let me share Rincon with you, our amazing and unique town full of beauty and history. I will be honored to be your host!