Peaceful, Beautiful private Studio wooden rustic cabin next to some of the MOST Beautiful beaches of Rincón( Steps Beach, Tres Palmas and Marias). Walking distance to local restaurants and into town. Enjoy the view of the ocean while drinking your coffee or tea in the morning...
• The cabin is only a few steps from the beach. Located on beautiful and private property, under a huge mango tree and palm trees. Go to sleep by the sound of the waves.
• Ground level studio style cabin, Queen size bed. (Additional single size bed available upon request for $20/day)- HOT water,FREE wi-fi , Ceiling fan and second fan (We believe on Reducing carbon footprint so this property has no A/C), mini refrigerator , Coffee pot, toaster. Coffee and cream provided by host. There is a private outdoor patio shaded by an overhanging mango tree.
• Free Wi-Fi Internet. / Linens, towels, coffee, included/ • Private entrance. /• 3 Blocks from Public Beach Park and downtown. / •Very safe and quite.
Respectful and responsible parties ONLY. We live on the property - there is a private entrance to The Mango Tree Cabin
Children Policy:The place is more enjoyable for adults. No children under 12 at this time.
***If you are new to airbnb, please complete your profile with your picture, your profile info and some references, prior to submitting a request. Airbnb it a bit more personal than an average hotel and we are in very close contact. It is important for me to know a little about you before considering your request.
***Please note that there are different rates throughout the year depending on season and holidays. Feel free to ask me if you have any questions.
*Summer rates: $85 (Double Occupancy)
*Fall/Winter: $105-$115 (Double Occupancy)
* Spring Break $125 (Double Occupancy)
*There is also a weekly rate and a Monthly rate
All common areas, hammock, outdoor shower, breakfast table.
Interaction with Guests
I live in the property but as a guest you have complete privacy unless you need my assistance.
You can walk into town (20mns)
There are many beaches within walking distance
There are many restaurants within walking distance.
There are taxis available for longer commutes or after a night out.
Other Things to Note
Things to know: Rincon is known for being an animal compassion town. During our winter season many of our temporary residents either foster or adopt dogs that will then go on to their new happy permanent homes. Because of this during the winter season, there might be a little bit more barking than usual. These people do an amazing job in rescuing these pets, but please keep in mind that there might be some barking from time to time. and sometimes your occasional cow, "Juliet" :)
1. There is a microwave, coffee maker and one burner stove top to be used by guests, located on the porch of the main house. (Please wash dishes immediately after cooking)
2. Please wash dishes immediate after consumption to insure keep the place free of ants and other tropical insects.
3. Please be sure to bring any personal items that you might need, including hair dryer.
4. There is a place in the refrigerator for your food. I will provide the first gallon of water and coffee during your stay. There is a great grocery store for you to obtain the things you will need while visiting otherwise.
5. ONLY upon approval from host, you may bring company into the property. Please remember that this is my home and safety it’s very important.
6. Under no circumstances you may bring an extra person to spend the night, this is considered a bridge of safety and disruption of the host’s space.
7. The hour of 10:30 pm is considered quite time, which means please be mindful of the loud noises and voice. Please keep the front gate closed at all times with the lock/
8. Always take your key with you when you leave the property. ( Although this is a very safe area, it’s always better to be cautious).
9. The property is shared with me (the hostess) and sometimes other Airbnb guests, for this reason it’s very important to not bring anyone to the property that has not been previously authorized by the host. (again, this is a very important safety precaution since it makes the property vulnerable to strangers).
10. The Mango Tree Cabin is here for your enjoyment but cannot be the place to have gatherings of people or parties. My space is very sacred and it’s only shared with those I welcome as my guests. (Again for the safety of all) No parties are allowed. You may go to the beach with your guests or choose other locations.
11. Smoking: Smoking is only allowed on the designated area, please place cigarette butts in the ashtray only.
12. There are big trash bins outside of the property where you can place your trash daily.
13. We are trying to reduce our carbon footprint: Please turn off fans when leaving the Cabin and unplug any chargers, laptops, etc.
14. Please do not flush personal care items on the toilet.
We would give Ana and the Mango tree cabin 10 stars if we could! Everything about Ana, the cabin and the stay was wonderful. The cabin is cozy and has everything you could possibly need during your visit. She provides yummy welcome snacks, towels and beach blankets, tranquil resting areas with hammock and comfy chairs. The canopy of the mango tree provides the perfect shade for an afternoon snooze or an evening cocktail.
The location is perfect nestled in a quite neighborhood. Its a 1 min walk from the beach and great snorkeling. You can also walk about 5 mins to great restaurants, music and standup paddle board rentals (rent the SUP overnight for amazing sunset/sunrise adventures!) The cabin is also about a 5 min drive from amazing surf beaches and a 3 min drive/15 min walk from the beautiful central plaza.
And then there is Ana (saving the best for last!). She is the perfect AirBnB host. Shes lives on the same property as the cabin but is never in your face or your business. She sends texts almost every day with wonderful activity and/or food recommendations. She gave us so many tips about local music and local classes that we could never have found online or in a guidebook. She is a wonderful person and genuinely wants you to enjoy Rincon so every interaction made us love the place even more.
We can not recommend this place and Ana highly enough!
Thank you guys for such sweet review. You made hosting so easy. It was an absolute delight to share my home with you guys and I look forward to your return...maybe really soon... wink wink!! Muchos besos y abrazos... I truly loved meeting you!! and Popcorn says "hola amigos"!! Hasta la proxima!! xoxo ana
By far, this is the best Airbnb experience I have ever had in my life. Ana was more than an amazing host - she gave us great places to check out in the area and would invite us to live music events & interesting things to check out daily! We were able to experience a lot Rincon had to offer.
Before arriving, my wife and I were a little worried about bugs being in the cabin. This ended up not being an issue at all - Ana keeps the cabin super clean & well maintained. She helped us with mosquito coils, which worked great for our stay.
That said, you are in the middle of Puerto Rico, so expect a spider / bug here and there outside the cabin.
We were really impressed when we arrived at the cabin - it smelled great and she had gotten several items to help celebrate our honeymoon (bottle of wine, chocolates, snacks, etc). First time a host has ever bought wine for us, that's for sure!!
Ana respects your privacy; even though we were on the same property, my wife and I found the cabin to be nicely isolated so we could have our own space.
On that note, my wife and I really enjoyed spending time with Ana. There were several nights where we all went out to check out a local artist or grab some food & drinks. We ended up having a fantastic connection with her!
We came to Rincon expecting to see some cool beaches, but we left with something much more important: a great friendship!
See you next year :)
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Surf's Up Mango Tree Cabin. Ana was very gracious and generous with her time and attention whenever we had questions or needed directions or recommendations for places to visit and good restaurants. We were a short walk from one of the best beaches in Rincon where we swam daily and could walk back along the beach. We could also walk to some good restaurants because the cabin is in such a good location. We highly recommend Ana's Mango Tree cabin!
Hard to imagine a nicer place to stay in Rincon!
The cabin is a charming little escape with everything you might need - both indoor and outdoor showers, a very short walk to an amazing beach with spectacular sunset views, plus Rincon's best coffee/smoothie/salad spot is just across the road through an organic farm. Plus there's a shady hammock for afternoon relaxing.
Ana is a fantastic, considerate host and could not be more welcoming. She was happy to give tips on all of local spots, letting us know about a charming Sunday market and our (now) favorite local beach. Couldn't be better!
Ana's place in Rincon as just about perfect. Let's start with Ana herself. She's a five star host. She's incredibly warm, helpful and fun to be around. She perfectly balances providing great local knowledge (she texted us great restaurant recs, hooked us up with her salsa instructor, etc) without ever being intrusive. She basically makes you instantly feel at home.
The cabin is cozy, but by no means luxurious. It's perhaps a little bit pricey for what you get-there's no AC or TV (not that you need either one), the shower is pretty weak, etc. These things, however, are minor dings, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Ana's place for anyone looking to have a great time in Rincon. The beach is walking distance, but a car is nice to have as it's a relatively long walk into town. We hope to be back very soon.
Ana's house was great for our stay in Rincon. It was a nice change from a hotel - having a shaded yard and a kitchen to cool in. Very convenient and quiet location - 1 block front the ocean. Walking distance to carta Buena, shipwreck, and copa llena (fantastic brunch) and walking distance to the marina swimming beach. A great location for long walks on the beach and a short drive to lots of surfing beaches.
What a wonderful first airbnb experience we had at the Mango Tree Cabin! The casita is sweet and cozy and, with the sound of the ocean at night, and the birds and tree frogs, it was a simple, peaceful, and close-to-nature experience, which allowed us to unwind just as we hoped we would. We spent a lot of time relaxing on the patio under the mango tree, and never wanted to go home! Most important, Ana's kind spirit and generosity became for us the spirit of Rincon. She knows the area inside out, and was happy to give us tips about restaurants, beaches, and things to do. (We loved the food in Rincon!) One day she was headed off for a salsa lesson, and when I expressed interest, she arranged a lesson for us: what a blast! We are full of gratitude to Ana and are already planning a return to Rincon and Surf's Up at the Mango Tree Cabin.
This host has 15 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
Hi guys!! Thank you for reviewing my listing! I am very easy going and relaxed. I was born in Puerto Rico and recently returned after living on the mainland for several years. I have many passions but among many I love to meet new people, travel and challenges. I am very proud of my little Rincon and always make sure that people leave here talking about their amazing experience... come and visit my little piece of heaven...you will fall in love!!
My little Rosie, which you see mentioned in almost all the reviews, passed away on January, 2014 RIP my little angel...she left however, a little outdoor kitty whom I am almost sure is half cat/dog. I named him Popcorn. He will never replace the fun and joy from Rosie, but he will surely make you laugh. ( I never been a cat person, but Popcorn has changed my mind) :)
I also teach Spanish as a second language and can customized your experience while you are here!
Let me share Rincon with you, our amazing and unique town full of beauty and history. I will be honored to be your host!