About This Listing
**** You will have this ENTIRE apartment to yourselves ***.
This western-style apartment is located in the centre of the world famous Sunshine City right next to the Sunshine City Complex and Sunshine 60 Observatory in Ikebukuro - Tokyo. This is a city within the Sunshine city, featuring a hotel, a planetarium, a museum, a theme park (Sunshine Namja Town —built by the creator of Pacman), a shopping mall and a convention center with exhibition facilities.
Ikebukuro is Tokyo’s second largest city, with Tokyo’s second busiest train station (over a million commuters every day). This city has become Tokyo’s foremost fashion and electronics shopping district.
Very conveniently located on the famous JR Yamanote line (the circle around Tokyo), and 2 minutes walk to 2 Subway stations, giving you direct, easy and quick access to every major location in Tokyo.
** Shinjuku (8 minutes)
** Harajuku (10 minutes)
** Shibuya (12 minutes)
** Akihabara (15 minutes)
** Roppongi (19 minutes)
This place offers a great mixture of entertainment, shopping and dining opportunities not to be found anywhere else. There are hundreds of interesting places to explore!
• Tokyo Metropolitan Art Space (6 minutes walk) offering a ride on the world’s longest escalator (This is a Japanese concert hall and theater operated by Tokyo Metropolitan Foundation for History and Culture. It offers fine arts shops, restaurants, exhibition galleries and conference rooms).
• Amlux (2 minutes walk): Meet the futuristic Toyota Amlux Auto Salon, where you can view and touch Toyota's newest car models and car accessories possibly the largest car showrooms in the world.
• Nishi-Ikebukuro Park (10 minutes walk): This is the City's largest park, with fountains in the center which are lit up at night. Come here to watch the old men sitting in the shade playing the Japanese game shogi, or street soccer come nightfall.
• Ancient Orient Museum, Tokyo (8 minutes walk)
• An unmatched Shopping experience: 5 minutes walk to the world’s two largest department stores (Seibu and Tobu Department Stores —open 7 days a week); PARCO (a favorite haunt of locals in their twenties and thirties for clothing, CDs, books, beauty products and food); Huge Electronics stores (Bic Camera and Labi); Japan Traditional Craft Center (worth a visit even if you won’t afford anything. See both traditional and contemporary Japanese high end designs).
• Countless Restaurants, bars and a great night life!
This apartment is perfectly air-conditioned with a spacious closet, alarm and intercom. It offers; a sparkling bathroom and a chic little kitchen with a built-in electric stove. It is fully loaded with a TV, DVD player, washing machine, coffee maker, refrigerator, microwave and all the necessary kitchen tools. All at no extra cost to you.
***You also get FREE UNLIMITED wireless internet access with a pocket Wi-Fi which you can carry with you anywhere you go.
Please don't congregate outside the apartment. Do it inside the apartment.
great location. Close to everything. Wished we had more time to explore ikebukuro itself. Clean and well equipped apartment. A lot of notes pasted around - helped us use the apartment equipments - esp for the stove and microwave. Well stocked pantry - helpful for us to cook our own food. There is a Family Mart and 7-11 nearby that we can buy eggs, bread, salad, butter etc so convenient. Will gladly stay here again for our next Tokyo trip
The apartment was as listed, very clean and cosy. For 5 people it is a bit cramped but that is expected especially being so close to the city. Each of us had a very comfortable bed. It was very easy to get around and there was also a 7-eleven very close by. The only down side is that the internet was very slow most likely due to the 5 of us all using our smartphones and also the previous guests using most of the pocket wifi data, but this didn't bother us too greatly. The host was very helpful reply back via email instantly for any of our concerns.
Very bad impression for 5 days stay. First all, we booked two-rooms apartment from airbnb website. But she give us one-room apartment without notice. Only said change the address of the apartment. Second, the room's hot water is not enough for 5 people to take shower. If her room's hot water won't be enough for too many people, she shouldn't rent it. It is winter time so two of our friends did not take shower. The last, we ask for two pairs of key. The landlady give us the second key in the third day of our trip. It was too late and made us feel very unconvinced at that (website hidden) the way, the carpet is smelly as my father's socks. It's hardly to breath inside the apartment.
We really enjoyed our stay in Ikebukuro. The location was perfect, even if the apartment was a bit small for four people who love shopping. It was really great having a little kitchen to cook food and a washer to do laundry. Bushanah was a very flexible, helpful host and quickly responded to any questions we had.
We stayed at Bushanas apartment for one month, it was very centrally located and the 24 hour Seiyu supermarket was a real plus as was the mifi which came in very handy. Bushana attended to all our needs promptly. The apartment was very good value for money.
This host has 150 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Oasis Tokyo
I am inviting you to share in my passion for hospitality. Having lived and worked in three different countries; South Africa, the United States and Japan, I think I've been able to learn the nuances of service. My motivation is to make your home away from home an unforgettable experience. - A real human experience! I am offering you my homes which I maintain at the highest level of cleanliness and hygiene so that you may LIVE LIKE A LOCAL in utmost comfort during your stay in Tokyo. Due to my impeccable family values, I am offering a spacious house (3 bedrooms) so that you won't have to leave family members behind when you travel. I have some tastefully stylish Japanese-style suburban apartments for a discerning traveler and modern uptown apartments for those looking for authentic Japanese mid-city abode close to the glitz and glamour of Tokyo (I pledge to provide an affordable, comfortable and yet decent service always).
WELCOME HOME FOLKS!!