About this listing
Welcome to our dream home. This is not our vacation home, but it is our beloved home whenever we are in the USA. It was completely gutted in 2010 and lovingly renovated extensively. So you will be staying in a newly remodeled home.
Our house is 3800 sq. ft. with 6 bedrooms (sleeping 15), every room with beautiful views. The house has a split floor plan, with three bedrooms in one wing and 3 on the other.
* The master bedroom has a king bed. The master bath has a luxurious Asian style soaking tub.
* Next to the master are two bedrooms. One with two twin beds and a smaller bedroom with one twin bed.
* In the wing on the opposite side of the house are two bedrooms on the ground floor and one large bedroom upstairs. One bedroom contains a queen size bed and one bedroom has two twin beds.
*The biggest bedroom upstairs has 6 twin beds. It also has a breath-taking turret with 6 windows which will make you feel like you’re in a castle.
The exact opposite of a dark log cabin, this house on the water is bright and light with 14(!) beautiful skylights, you’ll never have to turn on the light during the day.
Eat your meals out on the patio overlooking breathtaking water views. Walk down the steps and set up your fishing lines on the pier, or sit on the beautiful natural rock ledges by the water. The water view is expansive, the opposite shore being over a mile across. Across the waters is TVA land, so you will be looking at a pristine natural shore instead of houses. Not only is the water beautiful during the day, but you just may be treated to a moonrise on the water as well. Crystal clear moonbeam spanning a long trek across the water is a sight few people ever get to experience.
Situated on 7 acres, our property is also a bird watchers’ paradise. We guarantee you will delight in seeing our resident great herons and red-headed woodpeckers. And if you’re lucky, you may see a bald eagle right outside the window! We have seen ospreys, kingfishers, pelicans, hawks, foxes, groundhogs, etc. On our land is also 3 acres of woods, a fruit orchard, and a pine tree stand we named Narnia.
1. No Smoking/ No Fires: We ask all renters to observe a strict no fire policy on the property (all 7 acres.) This means no making of any fires, no smoking, and no candles, in the house and on all 7 acres. The only exception is we do allow for renters to grill food on the concrete patio.
2. Children are welcome, but should be cautioned that the residence and grounds is not child-proofed. Alabama woods do contain ticks and snakes, so please take special care.
3. No pets are allowed. The owner is allergic.
4. No hunting: No firearms discharge is allowed on the grounds, no exceptions.
5. Storms: No refunds will be given for storms. We do not refund due to road conditions.
6. Septic: The property is on a septic system. If it is found that feminine products or anything else other than toilet paper has been flushed and clogs the septic system, you could be charged damages of up to $500.
7. A refundable security deposit of $300 is required for all visits and returned if no damages have been incurred during your stay
We had a comfortable and relaxed stay at this home in Killen, AL. The home was much larger than anticipated and was able to fit our large entourage of 12 people while recording nearby. My favorite part was the openness of the home and the light that came in the morning and while the water was lapping outside. Judy was a terrific host and was very flexible as we had to add another night to our stay last minute. We were very pleased with our stay here.
My guests and I loved this beautiful, unique, and comfortable house. Judy was very responsive and informative, and her description of the house and property are spot on. I'd highly recommend a stay at Ciffhaven!