Stay in Queen West Toronto (Vogue Magazine voted best neighbourhood in the world) in this wonderfully spacious suite with a patio and a private washroom. Directly adjacent the trendiest shopping, galleries, dining and nightlife in the city.
This is a 2 bedroom condo suite (one room is mine) in the heart of Toronto's vibrant Queen West neighbourhood. Your bedroom features a Queen-size bed, a private washroom with walk-in rain shower, a spacious closet, and a work desk with a television monitor that can be hooked up to your computer. Also, there is a pull-out double sofabed in the living room if needed. Suited for globetrotters or couples, the suite can accommodate up to 3 guests (4 if need be, but it would be very cozy). Featuring eclectic decor, laundry on-site, this space is perfect for both short and long term stays. 2 major transit lines are within a 2 minute walk. There is also a brand new rooftop terrace chill space available to chill out on. Great for summer chillz!
I will provide you with detailed entry instructions prior to your arrival. You will be able to enter the building any time of the day after 3PM.
You will have access to a bedroom with private washroom as well as the large main living space, kitchen and patio.
The living space has a TV hooked up to an Apple TV if you decide you want to lounge on the sofa and catch up on the myriad of TV shows and movies on Netflix or on my external hard drive. I've also got a decent little collection of books if you want some quiet time.
The walls are littered by a haphazard patchwork of my travel and concert photos contained within only the finest ostentatious frames.
There are pay parking option in and around the building. The details are laid out below or you can feel free to ask.
Interaction with guests
Since I am away on an extended holiday, you will be meeting my friend Bree who is staying in my room and cleaning the apartment while I’m away. Please be kind to her and respect the quiet hours as she is a student and needs to study a lot for exams. Thank you.
Other things to note
1) I've created a guidebook that will be waiting for you in your room. It will fill you in on all of the local recommendations I could come up with.
2) If you want to check out the city by bike, you are in luck. There is a Toronto Bike Share site right across the street from the condo where you can rent a bike for the day at a very reasonable rate.
3) There is a gym in the building.
During your stay:
1. If you plan to use the 2nd bed in the living room the charge is $25 per night during your stay. I'm ok with sharing my space with people who need the extra bed, but it greatly reduces my use of the place and also requires more cleaning. Thanks for understanding.
2. Discretion is required within the building regarding Airbnb. For all intensive purposes, you are friends with me and you are visiting...if anybody ever asks. Such an interaction would be very unlikely though. If so, a simple pleasantry will suffice.
3. Smoking is allowed on the terrace only.
4. I work at 9AM. So ideally quiet hours start 10pm on weeknights.
5. I work until 4-6PM each day. Please leave the space semi-tidy for next guest. When I return home each week day following work, I'll quickly tidy up and swap out the linens for the guests who have just checked in. When you depart please leave the keys on the bedroom desk and leave the door unlocked for the next incoming guest.
6. I require that you enjoy all this city has to offer and holla at me anytime with questions. I'm never far from my phone and will always reply promptly and enthusiastically to make sure your stay is as enjoyable as possible!
John is committed to create a comfortable and delightful stay for his guests in the heart of Toronto's bustling and eclectic Queen West neighborhood.
Whether trekking through the Andes, across the whole of Spain, or through dense Canadian foothills; whether observing the ruins of lost civilizations in Central and South America, the endemic creatures of the Galapagos, or the beguiling desolation of America’s Southwestern deserts; whether working the Olympics in Vancouver, drinking Ayahuasca in Amazon Basin, frolicking down Bourbon St. on Fat Tuesday or hitting up concerts and festivals across North America, the constants in Rory’s life have always been a propensity for manifesting impracticable aspirations, a temerarious wanderlust, a devout and labyrinthine relationship with music, and of course, a Canon 70D in hand.
At home in Toronto he is a 9-5'er who spends his nights and weekends going to shows, playing hockey, reading, and continuing to explore this fine city.