100% Hard Core Holistic Healthy Lifestyle ECO Sanctuary! Supportive, clean, historic downtown 1954 architectural duplex with garden near the Las Vegas Strip, Convention Center and Downtown... WORLDS away in vibe...
TWIN SINGLE BED in PRIVATE ROOM.
You will be close to the action, but worlds away from it! Sit on the front porch swing with a view of the Stratosphere!
WELCOME to our urban homestead... holistic health oriented, Vegetarian, Vegan, Raw food Foodists, Organic Gardeners, Eco-Friendly, slow food, yoga, massage table, meditation, sober travel, 12 step, aa recovery, architectural preservation, artists, writers, dancers, musicians, performers, stage and ALL creative and healthy living folks visiting Las Vegas or downtown LasVegas, Las Vegas Convention Center, Zappos, Downtown Project, the Las Vegas Strip. We also try to accommodate guests with allergies or multiple chemical sensitivity mcs.
BEFORE YOU CONTACT US, Please have
1) Face photo + Detailed profile
2) Verified ID
3) Confirm you HAVE READ and agree to our House Rules...
We have several spaces available! THIS TWIN ROOM listing, plus the following:
WHOLE VINTAGE VEGAS HOME
PRIVATE DOUBLE ROOM
PRIVATE QUEEN ROOM
PRIVATE KING ROOM
• Secure High Speed Wireless Internet
• Organic Coffee and Tea
• Cold waters in fridge + Complimentary healthy snacks as available
• All indoor and outdoor living urban farm garden areas.
• Central Air Conditioning and Heat
• 1 bath with shower over tub (SHARED)
• Linens provided
• Fully equipped kitchen with cookware, dishes and utensils provided
• Gas range (no microwave)
• Coffee Maker
• Fruit and Vegetable Juicer
• Vitamix Professional Blender
• Flat panel TV with Cable and DVD player
• Great stereo system with Bose speakers
• Library of fun movies (Frank Sinatra, Elvis, and more...)
• Outdoor firepit
• Rebounder and Gravity Machine – Inversion Table
• PING PONG TABLE!
• Washer and Dryer with Eco-safe detergents
• No Carpet. Tile Floors Throughout
• Blackout Drapes
• Free Street Parking is always available out front. Off street parking may be available depending on our occupancy.
Interaction with Guests
You choose the level of interaction YOU wish. We live in a separate house at the back of the property. We interact as much OR as little as YOU desire. We are happy to share our in depth knowledge of the city with you and we are available for historic architecture tours of old school vintage Las Vegas, sober coaching, nutrition assessment and raw food un-cooking or raw chocolate classes. Or you can be totally on your own with total privacy with your door closed the whole time :-).
Because this is not a whole-house rental, we or our other guests may come in to use the yoga room or kitchen facilities from time to time.
We usually only host 1 guest at a time - so usually the bath is not shared and you have loads of privacy. However, there are 2 private bedrooms in this home. IF the other room is occupied, you will share the bathroom. IF you require a whole PRIVATE HOME without ANY sharing, we rent an entire house... please see our 'MID-CENTURY MODERN Health Sanctuary' listing.
Central, safe, urban, historic, downtown adjacent, eclectic, Bohemian. Conveniently close to the action, but worlds away from the noise and hustle. Family friendly, gay friendly neighborhood near the Huntridge Theater District. Our WalkScore is a 72!
This restored home is part of a Historic Downtown 1950s architectural neighborhood designed by reknowned Los Angeles Case Study Program architect, A. Quincy Jones (F.A.I.A.)! The developers were Pardee Phillips. It is part of the historic core, then it transitioned to labor-force residents. Now it is transitional with artists and cultural leaders moving in.
Other perks in Las Vegas: World Class hiking and nature trails at Red Rock Canyon near Summerlin, Pine trees and waterfalls at Mount Charleston, Wetlands Park, Tule Springs pre-Columbian archeological site, Las Vegas Springs Preserve and more...
TELL ME MORE ABOUT VINTAGE VEGAS!
Your hostess wrote the seminal architecture tour guide, Mondo Vegas - Touring Mid Century Modern Las Vegas! We also have lots of guide books, magazines and maps and loads of info on visiting Los Angeles and Southern California in general. Our former vacation rental by owner property called "The Caddyshack" was voted the BEST Vintage Vegas rental in the city! Now at WholeWay Home we offer every amenity we can think of to have a winning stay in Classic Vintage Las Vegas style!
• 1.5 block walk to RTC 109 busline (direct to/from airport and to Downtown Transit Center)
• 3 block walk to SX (Sahara Express) line to the Strip
• .4 miles to Rainbow's End (health food store and restaurant)
• .5 miles to Albertson's and Smiths Markets
• .7 mile to Zagat Rated Lotus of Siam restaurant
• 1.1 miles to 'the Center'
• 1.4 miles to famous Las Vegas Blvd. Strip
• 1.4 miles to the First Friday Downtown Arts District!
• 1.9 miles to Downtown Project Container Park
• 2.0 miles to National Register El Cortez Hotel
• 2.1 miles from the Convention Center
• 2.2 miles to Zappos Headquarters
• 2.4 miles to Downtown 3rd Farmer's Market
• 2.6 miles to Wynn Resorts Hotel
• 2.7 miles to UNLV
• 2.9 miles to Palazzo Venetian Hotel
• 2.9 miles to the Smith Center
• 3.4 miles to Caesars Palace Hotel
• 3.7 miles to the Hard Rock Hotel
• 4 miles to MGM Aria and City Center
• 4.6 miles to the McCarran International Airport (LAS)
• 4.8 miles to the Rio Hotel
If we are available, we can offer you airport pickup for $30 and drop-off for $20. A cab may cost you more than that. Once you are here, depending on our availability, we may be able to offer you a ride nearby for free.
Other Things to Note
COMMON FAQ ANSWERS
• This is an URBAN environment, blocks from a major intersection, but this is a quiet street.
• The house and neighborhood are safe. It may look "rough" to the outsider, but due to the summer heat - very few people in Vegas take care of their yards properly - which sucks, BUT we do - and we live here and walk or ride bikes day or night!
• Guests come and go 24/7 (no curfews). But if you have housemates during your stay, be respectful of quiet hours.
• Check-In at 3 pm. YES, okay to drop your bags off earlier.
• Check-Out is 12 noon. YES, okay to leave bags at the house for rest of the day.
• Early Check-In OR late Check-Out is possible depending on availability.
• Budget discounts for guest(s) staying 1+month stays, repeat (returning) guests, military, veterans (THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!). Please ask.
We look forward to making your next stay in Las Vegas memorable and happy!
NEW TO AIRBNB?
This is NOT a "Hotel Room." There is no room service or maid service. You are expected to clean up after yourself and keep the house neat and clean during your entire stay. THIS IS A Private “ROOM” rental. It is like staying in a Bed and Breakfast... without the breakfast. Or like staying in an old fashioned "Rooming House" or "Boarding House." Your room is YOUR personal private space. The rest of the house (Living Room, Kitchen, Dining Room and Bathroom) is a Common Area.
temporary, corporate, stays, housing, executive, short term, non casino, stay, long term, living, supportive, educational environment, home, sober living, sobriety, aa, 12 step, 12 steps, rehab, program, treatment, facility, b&b, bed and breakfast, without the breakfast, snacks, house, LEED, Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, U.S. Green Building Council, green, amenities, historic preservation, vintage, architecture, restoration, recycle, organic, sanctuary, spiritual, success, single story, Mid Century Modern, midmod, mid-mod, furnished, apartment, condo, high-rise, zappos, downtown, downtown project, convention center, the strip, private yard, garden, relocation, relocating, central, safe, place, location, family, friendly, Gay. lesbian, neighborhood, Huntridge, Theater, District, Urban, eclectic Historic Downtown, longer-term, vacations, adventurers, business, professional, academics, vintage, touring, tourist, tips, paleo, diet, westin price, nutribullet, superfood, Living Light, Tree of Life, Raw Spirit, Longevity Now, Raw Living Expo, Gabriel Cousens, David Wolfe, Green Smoothie Girl, Health Force, Nutrition, veganic, green living, Elvis, Frank Sinatra, Rat Pack, Sammy Davis Jr., Dean Martin, Cosmopolitan Hotel, SLS vibe
1. WHEN YOU REQUEST A ROOM, please confirm you have READ these House Rules... and understand that this is a health-oriented location, not a 'party' house.
2. We expect you to maintain a minimal-alcohol (glass of wine or a beer is fine - just not 5 bottles of Jack Daniels please!) within in our home. There is enough of that to go around in this city. We offer something different where you come to sleep and relax.
3. Please confirm that you understand this is a vegetarian home. What you eat off-site is your business. But please no animal flesh (cows, chickens or fish) on premises. Milk, eggs and cheese are totally fine.
4. Absolutely No Pets.
5. No smoking.
6. No drugs or pharmaceuticals allowed.
7. Guest is responsible for doing their own dishes and cleaning up after themselves immediately. No leaving dirty dishes in sink or on counters.
8. Please limit eating to kitchen, dining and outdoor patio areas.
9. Visitor Policy: NO visitors or guests.
10. We offer this property as an ALLERGEN FREE home. Guests are requested to not bring artificially flavored, colored, fragrance, genetically modified (GMO) items or potential allergens into the home. Guests will be asked to remove these items from the premises.
These rules are general guidelines and do not encompass all polite conduct that is acceptable. Guests are expected to use common sense and decency.
The house of Anand and Mason is fantastic. Very comfortable, close to supermarkets, restaurants and a bus stop if you need it.
It feels a special energy and Anand and Mason are wonderful hosts who help you in everything you need and are there for everything. And even invite you to accompany them in their festivals and events.
Anand and Mason are friendly and very good people who care about the environment and the health of the world and of people.
I think it's one of the best houses where I've been.
Thanks a and b for making me feel so good.
Anand and Mason were wonderful hosts. They gave me information on restaurants, yoga classes and many other useful services in the area. The bed was very comfortable and the house felt safe and homely. I highly recommend the Holistic Healthy Peaceful Retreat for vegetarian and vegan travelers!
I had a great time at this spot! Everything was clean and cozy, and Mason and Anand were gracious hosts. I kept mostly to myself, and they gave me space which I appreciate. I also got the feeling that if I were looking for more social interaction, they would have been happy to play a more active hosting role. I highly recommend this room!
Anand and Mason were incredible hosts. I stayed for a week with my co-writer while we were doing research and writing for a film. They respected our privacy but also invited us to watch some films and were also really interested in our work and offered up some local references relative to our film's subject matter. Their property feels really peaceful and though we didn't make use of the sauna and outdoor fireplace it was nice to know it was there! Kitchen was fully equipped. Meditation room, TV in living room - all helped to make it feel cozy like home. You can't beat the location, either. Very close to a health-food veggie-friendly market and 5 minute drive to the Strip but the street it is located on is very quiet. They also have a great reference book with suggestions on good restaurants and hikes. Feels like a five-star hotel with the comfort of home AND you don't have to walk through a casino floor to get coffee! :) Most likely, we will stay here again when we come to Vegas.
SUPER cute, clean, and charming house off the strip! Anand and Mason were very nice, even left us some snacks in the fridge- very thoughtful hosts! I will def return!
I stayed here for five weeks while the Broadway tour I work for played at the Venetian Theater. This house was the perfect quite escape from the craziness of the strip. There are two grocery stores within walking distance and it only takes about 10-15 minutes to get to the strip by car, 20 or so if you bike. Meg and Cary were very gracious hosts and made me feel quite welcome. I would definitely stay here again!
This host has 21 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
We love to travel and to host fellow eco-oriented travelers. We run a 'Conscious Eating' Meetup that lists many healthy fun things to do in Las Vegas: yoga, 12 step, farmer's markets, gardens, hikes, spas, gourmet restaurants and more...
We were both born in Los Angeles where we became Historic Architecture Fans. Anand started a seminal preservation website LottaLiving and was tour captain at the Eames House. We restored a 1964 Eichler Home designed by Jones and Emmons that was in movies and TV and eventually became a historic landmark! We have since restored several homes in Las Vegas including Palmer and Krisel and A.Quincy Jones homes.
Professionally speaking, Anand is a User Experience Architect and Creative Director. She is a Certified Raw Food Nutritionist and is an ordained Essene. Raw Chef Mason Green, graduated from Living Light Culinary Institute. He is a former Sound Professional (with credits on movies like Titanic!) and is a jazz musician.