2 STORY APT WITH SOARING 10 FOOT HIGH CEILINGS, EXPOSED BRICK
2 1/2 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, original 1871 wood floors. Parking available. Walk to Byward market, Convention centre, skating on Rideau canal, Parliament Hill, U of Ottawa, NAC.
This home is perfect for a travelling family or a group of professionals wanting to be in downtown Ottawa and it offers excellent access to Gatineau.
This well appointed 2 story, 2 1/2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, New York-style loft suite is fully furnished:
- Parking is optional. Parking is available a 1/2 block away (30 second walk) and is $10 for up to 24 hours per vehicle with in/out privileges. No reservation required.
- 10 foot high ceilings
- 1871 hardwood floor
- 3 flat screen TV's (living room is 42")
- LED HDTV with VIP cable package (over 290 channels)
- expansive 6 foot high windows
- well laid out floor plan; very private between the bedrooms
- 1 queen bed in the master bedroom
- two sets of bunk beds in the 2nd bedroom (2 singles and 1 single over double so the room can sleep up to 5 people) with its own TV - great space for the kids to watch their TV while the adults enjoy the living room
- the 1/2 (or 'third') bedroom is unique. It is a 'cave-like' room underneath the stairs, with its own single bed, wall-mounted monitor with cable, window, heating, closet, open shelves with baskets, a school desk with chair, and a sound-proofed sliding-style barn door. It is extremely popular with the kids (and kids at heart) but, please note, it is a low ceiling (42"). Past guests have nick-named the bedroom the "Harry Potter" room so I have tastefully decorated to reflect that theme.
- towels, hand towels, facecloths
Fully-equipped, well stocked kitchen:
- full-size stove
-French door fridge with water/ice dispenser on door
- microwave oven
- stainless steel pots and pans
- full dinnerware set
- abundance of cooking utensils, cutlery and glassware
- selection of dried goods, spices, rices, grains, baking needs, teas, coffee, etc., are complimentary
A full-size in-suite washer and dryer for your convenience.
Parking is optional. Parking is a 1/2 block away (30 second walk) and is $10 per 24 hours per vehicle with in/out privileges. No reservation required.
Pets and Smoking
- Ours is a non-smoking, pet-free building though you can smoke outside.
Guests have no restrictions in the condo. Every closet and drawer is empty for the guest's exclusive use.
Check-in is anytime after 3:00 pm. Check out is anytime up to 11:00 am. I am not able to store luggage before check-in time or after check-out.
The condo is NOT for parties, get-togethers, stags, bachelor/ette gatherings, prom nights, dinner/cocktail parties, etc. The number of people in the home at any time must not exceed the maximum number allowed to stay overnight. Anyone found to break this rule forfeits their security deposit.
I ask that our guests be respectful of my home, the furnishings and supplies, and also respectful of my fellow neighbours. Excessive noise will not be tolerated. Quiet time starts at 11:00 p.m. every night. A party can be less than 9 people ~ it is not the size of the group but the volume of the noise). Noise complaints will be dealt with no matter what the time is. Failure to heed a first warning of a noise complaint will result in a demand to vacate the premises immediately, which includes a loss of your deposit and no refunds. It is regrettable that I must be this clear with the noise rule but I have had so many past guests abuse my trust and booked the property with the intent to party. I have had no issues with noise since I implemented this rule.
Please leave the home in the same condition it was when you arrived. Collect up all garbage and recycling and leave in the bins in the kitchen. Please wash your dishes.
Smoking is prohibited inside the building. Anyone who smokes in the building will forfeit their security deposit.
When I travel and stay in private homes I expect to have all the basics available (like spices, coffee, tea, sugar, bathroom tissue, laundry soap) as well as finding the kitchen to have an abundance of pots/pans, knives, serving bowls, baking sheets, casserole dishes, etc.
Since I have found this is not always the case, I understand how disappointing that can be, so I tend to go overboard and offer everything I can think of!
I am a retired interior designer and a Cordon Bleu grand diplome chef. I have taken my training and experience from these two fields and applied it to offering the best accommodation for my guests, including a well-stocked kitchen! :-))