About this listing
2 STORY APT WITH SOARING 10 FOOT HIGH CEILINGS, EXPOSED BRICK
2 1/2 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, original 1871 wood floors. Parking available. Walk to Byward market, Convention centre, skating on Rideau canal, Parliament Hill, U of Ottawa, NAC.
This home is perfect for a travelling family or a group of professionals wanting to be in downtown Ottawa and it also offers excellent access to Gatineau.
This well appointed 2 story, 2 1/2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, New York-style loft suite is fully furnished:
- 10 foot high ceilings
- 1871 hardwood floor
- 3 TV's & 3 PS3's with Blu Ray
- 42" LED HDTV with cable package, and free NETFLIX in the living room
- TV's with PS3's and free NETFLIX in the bunk bedroom and the "Harry Potter" rooms
- expansive 6 foot high windows
- well laid out floor plan; very private between the bedrooms
- 1 queen bed in the master bedroom
- two sets of bunk beds in the 2nd bedroom (2 singles and 1 single over double so the room can sleep up to 5 people) with its own TV and PS3 - great space for the kids to watch their TV while the adults enjoy the living room
- an authentic completely rebuilt cool 1940's fold-down sofa bed (it's ideal for 1 adult - or 2 children- in the living room)
- the 1/2 (or 'third') bedroom is unique. It is a 'cave-like' room underneath the stairs, with its own single bed, wall-mounted monitor connected to a PS3, window, heating, closet, open shelves with baskets, a school desk with chair, and a sound-proofed sliding-style barn door. It is extremely popular with the kids (and kids at heart) but, please note, it is a low ceiling.
- towels, hand towels, facecloths
Fully-equipped, well stocked kitchen:
- full-size stove, microwave oven
- stainless steel pots and pans
- full dinnerware set
- abundance of cooking utensils, cutlery and glassware
- selection of dried goods, spices, rices, grains, baking needs, teas, coffee, etc., are complimentary
A full-size in-suite washer and dryer for your convenience.
Parking is optional. Parking is a 1/2 block away (30 second walk) and is $10 per 24 hours per vehicle with in/out privileges. No reservation required.
- Monthly rates are based on 4 weeks (28 days).
Pets and Smoking
- Ours is a non-smoking, pet-free suite though you can smoke outside.
Guests have no restrictions in the condo. Every closet and drawer is empty for the guest's exclusive use.
Walking distance (1-5-10-20 minutes) to:
Parliament Hill, Byward Market, U.S. Embassy, University of Ottawa, Cordon Bleu Culinary Arts Institute, Rideau Canal, Rideau Centre, National Arts Centre, Ministry of National Defence, Dept of Foreign Affairs and International Trade, DFAIT, DND HQ, 4 live theatres, 1 rep theatre, Strathcona park, 2 large 24-hour grocery stores, liquor and beer stores, restaurants, bars, night life, seasonal markets.
Short drive to many federal government buildings, museums and points of interest in Ottawa and Gatineau including Governor General's residence, 24 Sussex (Prime Minister's residence), National Arts Gallery, French Embassy, British High Commission, Casino Lac Leamy (gambling, shows, and internationa fireworks competitions) and Gatineau Hills (hiking, fall foliage, skiing in the winter and swimming in the summer).
Just a 4 block walk to the express buses that take you directly to Scotia Bank Place for NHL hockey games and concerts (much faster than driving your own vehicle-the buses have express lanes that get you there and back quickly).
CLOSE TO ALL MAJOR ATTRACTIONS !
Most guest park their vehicle and walk to most destinations. But if you need to travel ouside of the downtown core, transit is readily available.
There are 4 major transit routes steps from the front door that serve Ottawa with connections to Gatineau located three stops away (or a 10 minute walk).
The property has excellent access to the Macdonald-Cartier intraprovincial bridge to Gatineau, highway 5 north and 50 east. It is also a 7 minute drive to the 417 Queens highway.
Check-in is anytime after 3 pm. Check out is anytime up to 11 am. Due to lack of space, we are not able to store luggage.
The condo is NOT for parties, get-togethers, stags, bachelor/ette gatherings, prom nights, dinner/cocktail parties, etc. The number of people in the home must not exceed the maximum number allowed to stay overnight. Anyone breaking this rule will forfeit the security deposit.
Minimize noise after 10 pm. Close windows in the house when it's raining. Use coasters on dining and coffee tables. We ask that our guests be respectful of our home, the furnishings and supplies, and also respectful of our fellow condo owners. Excessive noise will not be tolerated. Quiet time starts at 10 pm every night until 7 am each morning.
Please leave the home in the same condition it was when you arrived. Collect up all garbage and recycling and leave in the bins in the kitchen. Wash your dishes.
Smoking is prohibited inside the building. Anyone who smokes in the building will lose their security deposit.
Pets, though we love them, are not able to stay in our heritage building.
Newly built kitchen with s/s double door fridge w water and ice on door, stove, dishwasher, washer and dryer.