About this listing
NEWLY RESTORED & UPHOLSTERED 1940'S SOFA & TWO MATCHING CHAIRS! SUCH A COOL ADDITION TO THIS UNIQUE NYC-INSPIRED 2 STORY APT WITH SOARING 10 FOOT HIGH CEILINGS, EXPOSED BRICK...
Two bathrooms, 2 1/2 bedrooms, two storey condo in downtown Ottawa -The Soho Loft has original wood floors, new kitchen, new bathrooms, washer/dryer, LED HDTV with PS3, free NETFLIX.
Newly renovated condo with s/s double door fridge w water and ice on door, stove, dishwasher, washer and dryer. Cement counters and large cement table for 7.
This well appointed 2 story, 2 1/2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, New York-style loft suite is fully furnished:
- 10 foot high ceilings
- lovingly restored 1871 hardwood floors
- brand new 42” LED HDTV (with 290 digital), and free NETFLIX
- Home Theater System ((website hidden) 3's with Blu Ray)
- expansive 6 foot high windows
- well laid out floor plan; very private between the two bedrooms
- plush, queen-size beds
- pillow-top mattresses
- the 'third' bedroom is unique and not included in our overall description of the condo. It is a 'cave-like' room underneath the stairs, with its own double bed, window, heating, HDTV, PS3, HD terminal, closet, bookcase, and a sound-proofed sliding-style door. It is extremely popular with the kids (and kids at heart) but, please note, it is low ceiling.
- tub with shower in each bathroom
- fluffy towels
Fully-equipped, well stocked kitchen with everything you need to prepare a gourmet meal:
- full-size stove, microwave oven,toaster/oven
- stainless steel pots and pans
- full dinnerware sets and china
- abundance of cooking utensils, cutlery and glassware
- huge selection of dried goods, spices, rices, grains, baking needs, teas, coffee, etc., are complimentary
A full-size in-suite washer and dryer for your convenience.
In the unlikely event that you may require maintenance in the unit, a 24-hour on-call property management company is available for immediate action.
Parking is optional. A parking spot is a 1/2 block away (30 second walk) and is $10 plus HST ($11.30) per night per vehicle with in/out privileges. No reservation required.
- Monthly rates are based on 4 weeks (28 days).
Pets and Smoking
- Ours is a non-smoking, pet-free suite though you can smoke outside
Guests have no restrictions in the condo. Every closet and drawer is empty for the guest's exclusive use.
Walking to all major attractions is easy to do. There are also 4 major bus routes steps from the front door. Flagging cabs is convenient and inexpensive for getting around downtown.
Check-in is anytime after 3 pm. Check out is anytime up to 11 am. Due to lack of space, we are not able to store luggage.
The condo is NOT for parties, get-togethers, stags, bachelor/ette gatherings, prom nights, a dinner/cocktail party, etc. The number of people in the home must not exceed the maximum number allowed to stay overnight.
We ask that our guests be respectful of our home, the furnishings and supplies, and also respectful of our fellow condo owners. Excessive noise will not be tolerated. Quiet time starts at 11 pm every night.
Please leave the home in the same condition it was when you arrived. Collect up all garbage and recycling and leave in the bins in the kitchen. Wash your dishes.
Smoking is limited to outside the building.
Pets, though we love them, are not able to stay in our heritage building.
Very good location, 20mins walking to the parliament hill. Apartment is a bit small but tide and clean. Very nice stay experience. Thanks.
Catherine has a very beautiful and well laid out home. There are little notes everywhere, answering your every question about what's expected. Her home is clean and welcoming - I look forward to booking this very spot again next time I'm in Ottawa. Thanks for a very satisfying first experience with Airbnb!
Check in by phone (code on the doors) no human relation. Not efficient.
Worst neibourghood of ottawa (there is a sex shop à 20 meters).
Smaler than on the photo (one room without widows and one half room under the stairs !!!).
One positive point : very clean.
A éviter absolument pour n importe où ailleurs...
You cannot please some guests! He, and his family, were upset at many things, and seemed to not be enjoying their vacation overall. The weather (too warm), Parliament Hill (too busy), the Byward market (too many people)...if someone wants to find a negative they will succeed. The overwhelming majority of my guests loved their experience with me, and thoroughly enjoyed what Ottawa had to offer.
What a place! One of best AirBnB experience I have had so far.
1. Either Catherine knows interior design, or she hired someone good, because the decoration of this place is amazing. I admit I had to take pictures so I could have some ideas when I remake my home.
2. Equipped with everything (this is why I love AirBnB). It even had some good baby toys that my 1.5 y.o. baby girl enjoyed.
3. Everything was working great. Laundry, kitchen, dishwasher, bathrooms, air conditioner, front door locks and passcodes.... everything.
4. The separation of rooms and bathrooms allowed my family and my parents to each have the privacy that we wanted.
I will definitely stay again if I ever travel to Ottawa.
Wow! Thank you for your lovely comments and you, and your family, were a pleasure to host. I am close to 60 years old and had three major careers - 1. interior designer, 2. chef (pastry and cuisine), and 3. renovator of heritage buildings. I have taken these three passions and my experience and applied it to this property, so that my guests can have a unique experience. I am so glad that my guests are appreciating the efforts! Regards, Catherine
7 of us stayed for one night, it was a bit tight for all of us, but still comfortable. Everything was as described and the check in process smooth.
the location was great we walked to the Byward market and did not have to worry about parking.
I am glad that Andree and her large group enjoyed their stay. I have found that whenever I rent a property through this website and we have the maximum number of people allowed, things can be a bit cramped. My apartment is no different. This apartment is great for 6, and though it can accommodate more, please expect it to be a little snug. But, think of what you are saving over renting 3-4 hotel rooms!
We had a marvelous stay in the Mews. It was ideally located for us and it was easy to get to all the sights around town. The apartment itself was comfortable for our family of six, and the full kitchen ensured that we were fed and watered easily! We were traveling with a 3 month old, and were completely comfortable in this space. We highly recommend Rideau Mews and plan to stay there for future trips to Ottawa.
My family and I had a wonderful time staying at Catherine's place. The hidden 'Harry potter' nook was a favorite with our kids. I would stay here again.
This host has 180 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Catherine
Karma is everything. How we treat strangers is a true reflection of who we are.
I offer unique, super clean, and well equipped rental properties in Ottawa and I take my responsibilities seriously.
When I travel and stay in private homes I expect to have all the basics available (like spices, coffee, teas, sugar, bathroom tissue, laundry soap) as well as finding the kitchen to have an abundance of pots/pans, knives, serving bowls, baking sheets, casserole dishes, etc.
Since I have found this is not always the case, I understand how disappointing that can be, so I tend to go overboard and offer everything I can think of.
I am a retired interior designer and a Cordon Bleu grand diplome chef. I have taken my training and experience from these two fields and applied it to offering the best accommodations for my guests, including a well-stocked kitchen! :-))