About this listing
UNIQUE NYC-INSPIRED 2 STORY APT WITH SOARING 10 FOOT HIGH CEILINGS, EXPOSED BRICK...
Two bathrooms, 2 1/2 bedrooms, two storey condo in downtown Ottawa -The Soho Loft has original wood floors, new kitchen, new bathrooms, washer/dryer, LED HDTV with PS3, free NETFLIX.
Newly restored & reupholstered authentic 1940's sofa set has been added August 2015.
Newly renovated condo with s/s double door fridge w water and ice on door, stove, dishwasher, washer and dryer. Cement counters and large cement table for 7.
This well appointed 2 story, 2 1/2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, New York-style loft suite is fully furnished:
- 10 foot high ceilings
- 1871 hardwood floors
- 42” LED HDTV with cable package, and free NETFLIX
- PS3 with Blu Ray
- expansive 6 foot high windows
- well laid out floor plan; very private between the bedrooms
- 1 queen bed in the master bedroom, a double/twin bunk bed in the second bedroom, and an authentic 1940's fold-down sofa bed that has been completely rebuilt with new springs, fabric and is ideal for 1 adult (or 2 children) in the living room
- the 1/2 bedroom (or 'third') is unique. It is a 'cave-like' room underneath the stairs, with its own double bed, wall-mounted monitor connected to a PS3, window, heating, closet, open shelves with baskets, a school desk with chair, and a sound-proofed sliding-style barn door. It is extremely popular with the kids (and kids at heart) but, please note, it is a low ceiling.
- towels, hand towels, facecloths
Fully-equipped, well stocked kitchen:
- full-size stove, microwave oven
- stainless steel pots and pans
- full dinnerware set
- abundance of cooking utensils, cutlery and glassware
- selection of dried goods, spices, rices, grains, baking needs, teas, coffee, etc., are complimentary
A full-size in-suite washer and dryer for your convenience.
Parking is optional. Parking is a 1/2 block away (30 second walk) and is $10 plus HST ($11.30) per 24 hours per vehicle with in/out privileges. No reservation required.
- Monthly rates are based on 4 weeks (28 days).
Pets and Smoking
- Ours is a non-smoking, pet-free suite though you can smoke outside.
Guests have no restrictions in the condo. Every closet and drawer is empty for the guest's exclusive use.
Walking to all major attractions is easy to do. There are also 4 major bus routes steps from the front door. Flagging cabs is convenient and inexpensive for getting around downtown.
Check-in is anytime after 3 pm. Check out is anytime up to 11 am. Due to lack of space, we are not able to store luggage.
The condo is NOT for parties, get-togethers, stags, bachelor/ette gatherings, prom nights, dinner/cocktail parties, etc. The number of people in the home must not exceed the maximum number allowed to stay overnight. Anyone breaking this rule will forfeit the security deposit.
Minimize noise after 10 pm. Close windows in the house when it's raining. Use coasters on dining and coffee tables. We ask that our guests be respectful of our home, the furnishings and supplies, and also respectful of our fellow condo owners. Excessive noise will not be tolerated. Quiet time starts at 10 pm every night until 7 am each morning.
Please leave the home in the same condition it was when you arrived. Collect up all garbage and recycling and leave in the bins in the kitchen. Wash your dishes.
Smoking is prohibited inside the building. Anyone who smokes in the building will lose their security deposit.
Pets, though we love them, are not able to stay in our heritage building.