About this listing
Enjoy the spectacular views from The Loft @ Commencement Bay!
The Loft @ Commencement is a studio-style apartment perched above the Ruston Way waterfront with an impressive 180 degree view of Commencement Bay. The Loft features soaring ceilings and charming Old World touches. It is lightly decorated Americana with nods to trains and the sea. The Loft is a private apartment with a separate and secure entrance. It is truly a convenient and cozy retreat for business and vacation travelers.
Located above Tacoma's beautiful Commencement Bay, you are near famed-and-tasty restaurants that flank the inlet, most within walking distance. Explore the Point Ruston's new Waterwalk waterfront pathway; stop at your favorite restaurant for lunch or dinner at Lobster Shop, C.I. Shenanigans, The Ram, Duke’s Chowder House and Katie Downs, just to name a few. Migrate to Starbucks in Old Town Tacoma and satisfy that caffeine craving - only a mile from the Loft. Also enjoy a meal at The Spar Tavern, Tacoma’s oldest saloon - the Spar Chips are the best!
Enjoy watching from your window the activities of the Bay and the changing seasons and colors. Wednesday nights in spring and summer feature the sailing club races. Throughout the year, Eagles soar around the bay often landing upon their favorite jutting branch just outside the Loft. Nestled among the backdrop of a towering tree-line, you will feel secluded from the hustle and bustle of daily noise, yet have easy access to the freeway, nearby shops and grocery stores.
The Loft is fully equipped with every day necessities, including a coffee maker, iron with ironing board and hair dryer. Full bath, with tub-and-shower surround. Shampoo, conditioner and body wash also provided.
Designated driveway for parking for one car. No Pets. 100% Non-smoking residence.
As we have family that stays with us throughout the year, we do not offer long term accommodations.
Less than three miles away:
Be lured by the local attractions and visit Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium, take a ferry to Vashon Island for the day, explore the LeMay Car Museum (the largest collection in America). Shop the Proctor District which presents such entertainment as the Blue Mouse Theater that offers movies at a discounted rate; Chalet Bowl, and Pour @ Four wine bar. Partake of the Proctor’s Saturday Farmers Market that runs April through November, with a Winter Season that is open 1-day a month from January through March.
Interaction with Guests
We live on the property, the Loft is located above our detached garage; it is a private dwelling with it's own entrance. We are happy to personally welcome you when schedules permit; however, we respect your privacy and oftentimes we don't get to meet our guests.
There is no public transit within 2-miles of the property.
1. Smoking is NOT allowed in the Loft. Smoking is permitted outside, beside the driveway; an ash tray is provided.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. The Homeowners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not accountable for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to the property.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
5. Only use appliances for their intended purpose. Please notify Owner immediately of any faulty operations of appliances, plumbing, etc. Please feel free to ask for assistance should you have any questions or concerns; we're happy to help!
6. Pets are NOT allowed.
7. Parking: Guest will have use of driveway beside the Loft.
8. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not part of the rental rate. We do not permit towels or linens to be removed from the property. Owner will be responsible for cleaning of linens and towels.
9. Water and Sewer: DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime.
10. At check out please leave the Loft in same condition as when you arrived. Dishes cleaned and put away; keys should be left on the counter. PLEASE REMEMBER TO TURN OFF THE HEATERS BEFORE YOUR DEPARTURE.
Thank you for choosing our Loft for your visit in Tacoma. We hope that you have a pleasant stay!