About This Listing
This stylish, cozy apartment has:
- all the standard amenities you need.
- (working) WiFi,
- decent kitchen
- decent bathroom.
- 1 bedroom with a double bed + mattress + comfortable couch (maximum 4 people)
- great garden and lounge area: the tropical styled garden features a rock wall with little waterfall, a ping-pong table and jacuzzi! (only operational in summer).
- quiet street in "Oud-West"-area close to the J.P. Heijestraat and Kinkerstraat which feature a lot of shops, bars, etc.
- The J.P. Heijestraat especially is a lively street with many different restaurants (turkish/african/maroccan to name a few) and some hip bars.
- famous Vondelpark on five minute walking distance.
- also easily reachable is the Jordaan-area, after a 15 minute walk you find yourself in the lovely 9-streets district of the Jordaan, packed full of nice bars/restaurants/boutiques etc.. - - all-in-all the location is quiet yet close to the major attractions.
Joost is a very accommodating host. Very helpful and responsive to any questions we had. Our plane was delayed on our arrival day, and we accidentally took a wrong tram to reach Joost's place, and he was still there waiting for us to give us a welcome tour. Very nice!
The location at first seemed a bit far from the center, but it really gave us an opportunity to explore the local life, where we discovered street markets and hidden food halls. We loved it!
The apartment was dirty, extremely dirty. There were unwashed clothes and sheets of the owner and other things lying on the doors. Very messy everywhere.
Well commuicated by tram to the city center and with good technological kit: TV, PC, WiFi, ...Correct furniture and kitchen.
Landlord always in contact with us, friendly and available, with attention to solve any problem.
Not recommend for horrible situation (a lot of dirty) and cluttered.
I have send Antonio messages about bedsheets that were left to dry on the door. I apologised for that. He is in his right to complain about that. BUT:
The coordinator/cleaner of the house reassured me the apartment was left in the same state which was satisfactory for other guests. So I don 't get why he regarded it as extremely dirty. So apart from the hanging laundry (which was washed) it was not dirty or more untidy than usual.
Myself and two friends spent 3 days, 2 nights here. The place is great, exactly as portrayed in the photos/description. Furthermore, Joost is a very reasonable, very hands-off owner. Personally, I like that approach. Furniture/beds are comfortable, appliances all work, and everything is very clean and tidy.
Relative proximity to the city center is not a strong-point of this apartment, so a tram ride is necessary for those without a bicycle. However, the immediate surrounding area is pleasant and has some nice shops. Amsterdam, in general, is kind of a quiet city, and that tranquility is even greater in this area. Again, different people have different tastes, but I very much enjoyed it.
In conclusion, I highly recommend this apartment and this owner.
L’appartement est bien situé : dans une rue tranquille, proche de nombreux commerces et de lignes de tram qui mènent au cœur de la ville et au quartier des musées en très peu de temps. Il est suffisamment spacieux pour 3 ou 4 personnes et il est bien équipé. Situé au rez-de-chaussée, il n’est pas excessivement sombre ; quant à sa propreté, elle est à peu près satisfaisante. Enfin, Joost a été très aimable et s’est montré très réactif pour répondre à nos demandes.