About this listing
Artistic Apartment The Jordan Lily in the Unique Center of Amsterdam
A warm welcome from Hanneke and Arjen!
This apartment in Amsterdam's Jordan is a perfect place for couples who are looking for a getaway as well as for people who are here for business and are looking for a quiet place where they can focus on their work.
No traditional hotel can beat the feeling of having your own apartment in the city center of Amsterdam, with in your street and just around the corner lots of little local cafes, terraces, trendy restaurants, inspiring boutiques, surprising shops, and several special open air markets. To us our Jordan quarter feels like a little village in the middle of Amsterdam Metropolis. We love living here every day!
You walk a couple of meters down the street and you arrive at one of the beautiful canals of Amsterdam, the Prinsengracht. Across the water of the Prinsengracht you see the Anne Frank house before you. The Tulip Museum and Cheese Museum are just around the corner, as well as the entrance of your canal boat tour.
A 10 minutes walk brings you at Dam square with the Royal Palace and the big shopping streets Kalverstraat and Nieuwendijk, or to the Nine Streets, the cosy and picturesque shopping streets of the Amsterdam Canal Belt listed in the Unesco Heretage.
You will be surrounded by a large choice of cinema’s, theaters, galeries, opera and museums as well as restaurants, cafes and clubs.
The apartment is on the top floor of a monumental, typical Amsterdam house from the 17th century with a view on the well-known Wester Tower. You have complete privacy in your light and spacious apartment of 74 m2. It has a kitchen, dining table, couch and a cosy open fireplace. Next to the fireplace the apt has central heating. From the entrance of the house two stairs lead to your apt.
The apt has a little terrace of 5 m2 with a table and two chairs. It is on the courtyard side where the sun is your friend in the summer months from about 10.00 in the morning till late in the afternoon. So here you are: enjoying a nice cup of coffee or a glass of wine in the sun warmth of your own terrace.The quiet back gardens of the Prinsengracht houses surround you, and by sunrise and sunset our favourite blackbird sings for you, high up in the birch tree next to the terrace.
Bed- & bathroom
In the apt itself there is a small second floor (vide) of 15 m2 where you will find the cosy and romantic bedroom under the age-old roof bars. Next to the sleeping room there is a small cute bathroom with shower, toilet and washstand.
Just taste the warm-creative atmosphere of the house and you will feel at home. Almost every part of the house is designed and handmade by an artist-architect that gives you that special feeling. All the paintings in the apartment and the house are of the hand of our daughter and artist Barbara van den Berg. All her work and illustrations you can find on her site: (website hidden)
We live and work on lower floors of the house. We partly share the beautiful common stairway of the house, though nobody will ever enter the stairs leading to the entrance of your apt. You have complete privacy in the middle of this crowded city. Once inside the apt it ’s remarkably quiet.
* We expect our guests to respect our property.
* No more than two guests.
* No pets.
* No other guests beside those who checked-in to the apt.
* Linen, toilet paper, soap, towels and a hairdryer are included. If you need fresh towels, ask us and we replace them for free.
* Laundry service is available (flyer in the apt)
* Check in from 4:00 pm on the day of arrival. Let us know in advance what is the best time for you. We make an appointment on a fixed time. Check out at 11 am on the day of departure.
* No smoking inside. Smoking on the terrace only allowed with door and windows closed. No hard drugs allowed in the apt, neither on the terrace.
* Should the apt suffer any loss or damage as a result of an act or omission by a guest, he or she will remain liable and will be billed accordingly.
* We do not accept any liability for loss of or damage to any valuables or property belonging to guests.