About This Listing
Quiet 2 bedroom apartment in the Hill District, close to Oakland (University of Pittsburgh, UPMC Presbyterian and Carlow University). Lots of stairs.
Only 5 minute drive to downtown Pittsburgh.
Apartment on the third floor, separate entrance, lots of steps. Owners live downstairs.
2 bedroom (King bed, twin bed), 1 living room with futon bed, fully equipped kitchen, bathroom, washer and dryer.
On street parking.
Walking distance to Oakland (Pitt, Carlow, VA Hospital, UPMC) The bus stop is 1 block away.
The apartment is equipped with everything you need for your stay:
- air conditioner
- Basic Cable TV
- linens and towels
Please note: Lots of stairs.
1. The Landlord has the right to inspect the premises without prior notice at any time to enforce the terms of this agreement. Should the Tenants violate any of the terms of this agreement, the rental period shall be terminated immediately. The Tenants waive all rights to process if they fail to vacate the premises upon termination of the rental period. The Tenants shall vacate the premises at the expiration time and date of this agreement.
2. The Tenants shall maintain the premises in a good, clean and presentable condition, and use the premises only in a lawful manner. The tenants agree that the Landlord shall deduct costs of said services from the security deposit prior to refund if tenants cause damage to the premises or its furnishings. (Security deposits will be returned within two weeks of departure date).
3. The Tenants shall dispose of all waste material generated during the rental period in a lawful manner and put the trash in trash bags. The Tenants may place the trash bag in trash can with lid outside before Monday evening at 11PM.
4. The Tenants shall pay for any damage done to the premises over and above normal wear and tear.
5. No animals or pets of any kind will be brought onto the premises.
6. The Tenants shall not sublet the property.
7. The Tenants shall have no more than 3(three) persons reside or sleep on the premises, except for special permission from the Landlord.
8. The Tenants shall be good neighbors respecting the rights others. The Tenants shall not create noise or disturbances likely to disturb or annoy others. Creating a disturbance of the above nature shall be grounds for immediate termination of this agreement and Tenants shall then immediately vacate the premises. Quiet hour starts at 10 PM and noise should be kept to a minimum.
9. There shall be no smoking inside the premises.
10. The Tenants and Tenants’ Guests shall hereby indemnify and hold harmless the Landlord against any and all claims of personal injury, property damage, or loss arising from use of the premises regardless of the nature of the accident, injury, or loss. Tenants expressly recognize that any insurance for property damage or loss which the Landlord may maintain on the property does not cover the personal property of Tenants, and that Tenants should purchase their own insurance for Tenants and Guests if such coverage is desired.
11. Security Deposit will be returned on check-out date, upon satisfactory inspection.
12. Tenants agree to pay all reasonable costs, attorney’s fees, and expenses that shall be made or incurred by Landlord enforcing this agreement.
13. Tenants expressly acknowledge and agree that this Agreement is for transient occupancy of the Property, and that Tenants do not intend to make the property a residence or household.
14. We occasionally experience outages that are beyond our control. We report outages as each occurs. No refunds or compensation will be given for any outages.
15. Tenant shall use the property for legal purposes only and other use, such as but not limited to, illegal drug use, abuse of any person, harboring fugitives, etc., shall cause termination of this agreement with no refund of rents or deposits.
16. The property has a smoke detector installed and it is believed to function properly at the time of rental. Tenant will notify management without delay if a smoke detector “chirps” or has a low battery condition.
17. Basic Cable TV service is provided and service level has been chosen by the Landlord. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content or personal preferences with regard to cable TV.
18, Wireless internet is provided as a convenience only and is not integral to the agreement. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, speed, access problems, lack of knowledge of use, or personal preferences with regard to internet service.
19. A $30 charge will be collected on all returned checks. We DO accept major credit cards and bank drafts through PayPal with additional fee.
I stayed at Carl's for one week while looking for a place to live in Pittsburgh and had an excellent experience. The apartment was very spacious, private, comfortable, and extremely well equipped in terms of all the amenities you might want. The place really felt like home by the end of the week!
We had a fine time staying here. Carl was very helpful while still leaving us our own space -- which we appreciated. The unit was well equipped and conveniently located for everything we wanted to do. All in all it was a great experience, from which we greatly benefited. If you're going to be in Pittsburgh, I'd strongly recommend staying with Carl.
Cute 2 bedroom apt on third floor, great location and amenities. If you are looking to stay in Central Pittsburgh at an affordable rate, I would definitely consider this location.
Fabulous! Stayed here for two weeks. Great location close to the Pitt campus. Space to park your car and near a bus stop as well. Private entrance. Yes there are a lot of steps, but nothing a healthy person can't handle. Ceiling fans to stay cool. Temperature was always comfortable. The apartment is very spacious, wired for internet, has cable, and a washer / dryer. I can't think of anything that I went without. Responsive and courteous host who is just a phone call away. Very glad to have found this place at a much lower rate than nearby hotels. Highly recommended.