About this listing
Stay in Charleston in a lovely, quiet and picturesque environment . Very close to the beach and town. Enjoy the two bedrooms, one bathroom and two living rooms. Discover our peaceful southern backyard and relax.
Our home is set beautifully in a quiet neighborhood on James Island, close to EVERYTHING: minutes to downtown and to the beach (Folly Beach). You can usually be at your destination downtown or on Folly Beach in less than 15 minutes. Our neighborhood is very quiet and family-friendly.
Rental rates are very low since we ask you to leave the house the way you found it (no cleaning service provided). We do require that you vacuum floors, clean bathrooms etc before you leave since we have multiple renters back to back (and will depend on you for our future comments). We will also leave an extra set of sheets for you to change the beds for the next guests. Therefore, we do not charge any cleaning fees! Also, our dog might be home during your stay, nothing to do for you (she has her own doggy door to go outside plus automatic water and food system, house walker who picks her up from outside). For dog lovers only!
Interaction with Guests
From our deck it is literally a stone throw into the marsh. This part of the coast has semi-diurnal tides (2 highs and 2 lows every 24 hours), so the view into the marsh constantly changes as the tide ebbs and floods. We have all manner of wildlife in and around the marsh, particularly birds. We commonly see egrets, herons (including Great Blues), ducks, and ibis. Discover our easy-going lifestyle!
- Leave the house as clean as you found it. This includes cleaning bathroom, vacuum entire house, changing sheets and towels (put the dirty set in the laundry room)
- Max guests is 4 (one queen traditional Charleston poster Rice Bed and one double in 2 different bedrooms).
- No entertaining people from the outside (unless okayed with host)
- We just installed new carpet and would appreciate if you would not bring coffee upstairs in order to avoid spills.
- Please rinse the sand off your feet by using the outside shower BEFORE coming in the house
- No smoking inside.
- Take good care of our very well behaved Weimaraner (she is not allowed upstairs nor on furniture and we NEVER feed her table scrap :-)
And make yourself at home!
French/Italian (Elena) and Louisianan (Brent) couple who loves to travel and meet new people! Elena is a teacher and Brent is retired. We both enjoy hiking, bicycling, live music (music festivals), good wine, good beer and Paddle-boarding (SUP).