Charming, relaxing home well set up for good times! Be as lazy or adventurous as you wish, with so much to do in this mythic part of the world this is a haven of peace you will always love coming back to!
Stay on the sunny side of San Francisco and expericence California living at its best!
Did you know San Francisco is cold and foggy in the summer, so much so that Mark Twain once said " the coldest winter I have ever spent was a summer in San Francisco"? Just half an hour away, however, behind the Berkeley hills, Walnut Creek is away from this strange micro climate effect from the Bay and you can truly experience summer. Here is what this home has to offer:
- Proximity to San Francisco (30 mns), to the coast, Napa Valley (1 hour), Lake Tahoe, Yosemite (3 hours), and much more.
-Close to BART transit (walking distance), downtown, shopping, restaurants, etc.
-3 bikes at your disposal.
- A pool to chill in after a day of sight seeing, a lovely peaceful backyard where you can sit out for your meals and relaxing, a fabulous kitchen opened to the outside for true indoor/outdoor living, direct access behind the house to miles of trails (bike to San Francisco -via a BART ride-, Mount Diablo, and much more!), free tennis courts, free beach volley court, and a great park with brand new playgrounds, all at a 5 minutes walk. Fabulous dining and shopping abounds, along with more low key options, the choice is yours!
- Pool service and gardener
- Optional pool fence ("Baby Barrier") when younger children are present.
- One master bedroom with its own bathroom and a king bed, two bedrooms on the opposite side of the house sharing one bath and sleeping 6 total (one queen+ sofa bed in one room, two double beds side by side in the other).
Feels like the countryside and yet is minutes to everything!
BART station is walking distance.
My family just enjoyed a week's stay in Valerie's lovely home. We've rented numerous homes, and this is the cleanest we've ever seen. Valerie was a great communicator. She even offered Christmas decorations since we stayed during the holiday week.
The beds are nice and very comfortable. There is a fun theatre room with the latest television programming. The kitchen is bright and cheery. It is well equipped. The home is in a quiet neighborhood close to Walnut Creek's "Larkey park".
We will likely return to this cozy family home in the future, hopefully in warmer weather so we can enjoy their great backyard and large pool.
Many thanks to Valerie for being such a great hostess.
I came from France as an Au Pair many years ago, and although I've been homesick on and off over the years I absolutely love living here! I love to hike the trails and feel away from it all, then jump on Bart and have dinner in the bustling city, and the views of San Francisco and the bay each time I cross the Bay Bridge still take my breath away... I am an avid reader, I love a good movie, I love hosting our friends for long dinners in the summer night, I love being lazy and hang out with my husband and daughters by the pool... when we travel we go to France a lot, to Turkey, to Mexico, the Caribbean, Lake Tahoe... we also enjoy camping in the mountains, although some very close encounters with bears have me a bit less enthusiastic about it... I love to ski in the winter, and Lake Tahoe has a lot of good skiing to offer! I love the idea of renting my house and have good people enjoy it as much as I do :) It allows us to travel even more!