About this listing
This bright and quiet apartment is located minutes away from Dammtor Station. With a size of 60 square meters it is ideal for 2 - 4 people. It has two rooms one furnished as a bedroom, the other as a living room with a double bed and sofa. A walk in closet and numerous build-in cupboards and shelves make it easy to unpack. The small kitchen is equipped with everything you need, in terms of bathroom features you will find a big shower "room" and a separate WC.
A washing machine and dryer can be used with prior consultation.
Other features include:
- Free WIFI
- Street parking
- Patio overlooking a garden
The street Heimhuder Straße is close to the city center, the Dammtor train station as well as the Außenalster. Most bus routes can be reached within 7 minutes walking distance as well as the underground.
The university of Hamburg is close by as well as numerous consulates, media companies and museums. Groceries can be bought in the nearby "Pöseldorf Center" or at the "Turmweg market" on thursdays.
Numerous bars on "Milchstraße" as well as the "Zwick" promise a good night out. Lunch and Dinner is readily available in one of the great restaurants on Mittelweg, my favorites are "Sushi Lounge X" (for Sushi) and "Block House" (Steaks). You can choose from a variety of Italian restaurants, such as "La Bottega" (adjacent to the apartment or "Mama" on Mittelweg.
Interaction with Guests
I usually deposit the key upon arrival for more flexibility. Should there be any questions or requests please send me a text message and I will answer almost immediately. Due to my three kids (nearly 1, 2 and 4) I have my phone mostly on silent mode but if I get a text message I will call you asap.
- Only short walks to city centre, the Alster lake, the botanical gardens, congress centre and exhibition halls.
- Nice restaurants and bars nearby for all kinds of tastes
- Numerous banks, grocery shops, bakeries, pharmacies and public transport within 5 mins walking distance
- quiet and safe neighborhood
Bus lines: 109 (Mittelweg), 5 and 4 (Dammtor), 15 (Hallerstraße)
Tube: U1 (Hallerstraße), S 11, S21, S31 (Dammtor)
one stop from Dammtor to Central Station (Hauptbahnhof)
Cabs: readily available via HansaTaxi 040-211211, they accept credit cards too
Other Things to Note
- Grocery shopping on a sunday his possible at Dammtor station (5mins) walk through 'Moorweide' park
- Nearest supermarkets Edeka on Mittelweg inside Pöseldorf Centre (corner Mittelweg/Milchstraße), Alnatura Grindelallee, both max 7mins walking distance
- numerous bakeries and pharmacies on Mittelweg
Smoking is not allowed indoors.
About the Host, Victoria
Well, I love traveling myself and I prefer apartments over hotels ;-) I love the sea and sailing as well as the mountains and skiing. I like to cook and enjoy a great meal and a good glass of wine with friends.
My two daughters keep me busy and and love traveling too. My husband started participating in marathons which gives us good excuses to go on some short breaks frequently.