About this listing
Welcome to The Surfer's Paradise with HOT TUB, a traditional 2-bedroom beach bungalow a block from the ocean! Ideally located, walk to the beach, pier, canals, bars shops n' restaurants in 2 minutes or less. Free parking, laundry, WIFI, full kitchen!
Tucked away in a lush garden property, a one-minute walk from the beach and Venice Canals, is this secluded complex of bungalows built in the 1920's. This particular home, fondly referred to as 'The Surf' due to it's beach theme has massive pine tree growing through the private patio, has 2 bedrooms (2 double-wide bunks in one bedroom and a king in the other), dining area, a 52" flat screen in the living room, full kitchen, private patio and 100 Year-Old Garden, plus reserved parking. The property has a shared washer & dryer, fire pit, BBQ, surf shower and a hot tub as well as tables and chairs throughout the gardens.
You can walk to the pier in two minutes; there is great surf north & south side, as well as a few other rad breaks up & down the beach. If you aren't a surfer, there is still waves to romp in, lots of dolphins and sea life to watch, sun-rays to catch and great views off the pier in all directions. Coming back to the bungalows, rinsing off in the outdoor surf shower in the garden, and hopping into the toasty hot tub under the canopy of leaves is just fantastic!
Or you can walk east, away from the beach, for 30 seconds, and you are at the beginning the Venice Canals Historical District. Lots of beautiful homes, birds, bridges and boats are all around you as you stroll through this famous area.
The Bungalows are located less that a block from Washington Boulevard, where you will find shops, restaurants, local markets, bars and rentals of all kinds... surfboards, bikes, paragliding and more. There is no shortage of fun activities in Venice Beach, that's for sure!
All the pictures posted here are spots within walking distance. The central location of these bungalows is unsurpassed, and the property is gated for privacy and safety. We gladly welcome pets and the dense garden and tub has always been a magical play-area for kids.
Interaction with Guests
Although the bungalows are on the brink of becoming a centenarian structure, they offer today's conveniences such as all the premium cable channels on flat screens, and of course, wifi.
We have always keep the bungalows stocked with a 'starter-kit' of paper goods and kitchen items such as coffee & seasonings plus towels for bath & beach, and fresh, fluffy pillows with cozy bedding on comfy beds :)
Please make sure you have a laptop or smartphone so that you may access your reservation upon arrival with such vital information as... how to check in, wifi network and passcode, entrance to the home, check-out time and responsibilities, and so much more :) If you do not have a laptop or smartphone, please print out your itinerary before arrival, or ask me to print one for you and leave it in the home… happy to do that, but in an attempt to be as environmentally friendly as possible, I will not supply your printed itinerary unless requested at the time of booking... for the trees :)
We'd love for you to come and enjoy these unique, nearly 100-year old beach bungalows. This is truly a one-of-a-kind vacation rental in the PERFECT location!
We would be happy to adjust last-minute pricing to see 'The Surf' full of relaxing guests :)
Other Things to Note
Please email me with any questions at all, I'm always happy to chat and meet new friends :)
1. To preserve the peace and quiet that makes my home such relaxing and special place, as well as Venice Beach in general, I must inform you that the city of Venice has an Ordinance that states it is unlawful to make loud, unnecessary or unusual noise that disturbs the peace and quiet of any neighborhood. Anyone found to be violating noise ordinances via complaints from city officials, the neighbors, or other guests, will be subject to a minimum $250 fine and/or eviction without a refund.
2. NO additional guests/visitors permitted in the home or on the property at any time!!!!!!!!!!! Please submit a reservation/reservation request for the exact amount of guests.
3. Please do not submit any third-party reservations, they will not be honored.
4. Any damages or loss must be reported prior to checkout.
5. The home is 100% non-smoking.
6. The hot tub and garden close at 10pm NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!!!!!!!
7. Pets are welcome with PRE-APPROVAL via the Airbnb message thread and additional $50 cleaning fee, can not be left in the home unattended, and must be picked up after and leashed at all times on the property.
8. Quiet Time starts at 10pm, please be considerate of neighbors when you are coming and going from the home, and again, use of the central garden and hot tub is prohibited after 10pm.
9. Upon check-out, please leave all dishes/utensils/glassware washed, used towels in a pile, and garbage out to the receptacles near the garages.
10. Please park only in your assigned spot to insure you will not be towed.
11. Do not leave your car in the spot past 11am the day of checkout without permission to insure you will not be towed.
12. Any additional cleaning required (carpet steaming due to stains, pet-hair removal on furniture, repairs due to negligence), property missing or damaged, or a late check-out will result in a deduction of deposit.
13. Checkout is 11am
14. Keys most be returned to avoid a charge for changing the locks.
Abagail was a great Host! Thank you for having us. Literally steps to Venice beach! It was a little warm when we stayed and didn't think to ask for a portable ac unit. Good to know it's availiable though after reading reviews. Will definitely come back in the future.
This place was great for myself, my mom and my two dogs! It worked really well...very close to the beach and the buzz of venice. Thanks to Abigail for making our stay super.
Very nicely kept and prompt responses to needs. The grounds are especially nice with trees and it lends a homey feel, to the well done decor inside.
Abagail and Vanessa were super accommodating for my family and I! We had some special requests in terms of our arrival and the cancellation policy, and Abagail was great to work with the entire time. As none of our flights got cancelled, we were able to stay in their cute little bungalow without issue! The place was perfect for our needs - comfortable, clean, and exactly as described. Great location as well! We walked to a cute local coffee shop just around the corner every morning, and it was easy to get to downtown Venice, Santa Monica, etc every day. The sounds from the street and people leaving bars were a little loud on our first night there (Sunday), but we didn't have any issues with that on Monday and Tuesday nights. Overall, this was a great place to stay and we were very happy!
Nice place in a great spot near the bars/restaurants of Washington Blvd and Venice beach. We only stayed for one night and ended up arriving late and leaving early so didn't really get to use the facilities much. The garden and hot tub looked great though. Only slight thing we had an issue with was that it was very warm in the apartment with no real way to cool it down. Aside from that though, all good. Great communication from Vanessa and she arranged for us to get in earlier if we wanted to, which we didn't in the end, but a nice touch.
Great location. Great apartment. Couldn't have asked for more accommodating service and communication. Highly recommend. I'd be a repeat customer.
This host has 594 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Vanessa And Abagail
Hi! I have lived in Venice and Marina del Rey for more than a decade. It's a wonderful area and it makes me happy to share this community with guests from all over the globe!!