FULL HOUSE RENTAL ONLY, ASK FOR RATES You don't need a car. So close to all the fun in Galway just 12 minutes away, yet quietly tucked away for you to enjoy the calm and quiet . Train and buses 2 mins walk. PERFECT FOR ALL TOURIST SITES IN THE WEST
Full House Rental Only. Please note, no single rooms rented out.
* HOME: Historic and beautifully renovated, detached private residence, 3000 square feet, 5 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, sleeps up to 15. You will have the entire home and large private gardens to yourselves! Whether you're a group of two or 15, Banba House is your luxurious home away from home.
* LOCATION: Banba House is just 12 minutes from Galway's main street. Banba is located on a quiet, residential, tree-lined road on a large, secluded lot with private gardens. Banba is close to the train station but you won't hear the trains from the house.
*INCLUDED: Linens, towels, soaps, electricity, oil-fired central heating, and plenty of hot water!
* PREMIER SERVICE: Banba's has a fully-equipped kitchen, but you can also pre-order our famous arrival buffet meal so you can kick off your shoes and fully relax the moment you walk in the door.
* HOW TO GET HERE: We're on the direct train line from Dublin and then a two-minute walk from the Athenry train station. Or you can take a bus to Galway from the airport (Dublin or Shannon) and take a 12 minute train ride to Banba House.
Interaction with Guests
I'll be there to greet you, get you settled in and upon check out. I'm off-site but available for 24/7 help during your stay
IDEAL “HOME BASE” for your trip to West of Ireland. We're conveniently located just a few minutes from Galway's bustling main street and close to: Cliffs of Moher, Connermara, Kylemore Abbey, Aran Islands and more. Book early – the summer is “hoppin'” in Galway. Stay with us when you attend the Galway Festivals and Races.
* TRANSPORTATION: You don't need a car to get here or when you are here. The train (coast to coast, Galway-Dublin-Limerick) is located just a two-minute walk from Banba. Bus service to Galway runs until 2.30am on weekends, and pickup/drop off is just a one-minute walk from the front door. Coach tours to all the tourist sites are just 12 minutes from Banba. The historic centre of Athenry with pubs, restaurants, churches, and food shops is a three-minute walk.
Other Things to Note
Please note, Banba is for full house rental only, no single rooms for rent. Whether you're a group of four or fourteen, you will have the entire home and large private gardens to yourselves!
Banba House is a private home in a quiet residential neighbourhood. We ask that our guests respect the home and neighbours. We also ask that you relax and enjoy! You're on holiday!
Great stay and big house. Clean and very nice host.
The reservation was canceled 29 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
The reservation was canceled 70 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
Ray adjusted his schedule to meet us early due to an airline strike that affected our plans. We had perfect weather (pleasantly surprising all the locals). That perfect weather allowed us to really get to enjoy Athenry. While centering from Banba, we also thoroughly enjoyed getting to know the town itself. The location allowed us to do all we wanted and more.
From the start Ray directed us to a great pub with great food and drink. From there we got to know the locale and all it offers. Don't make the mistake of not taking time to just enjoy Athenry. Ray will stir you the right direction! Thanks!
Lovely house of charm & character with huge residential capacity. Location very convenient to town, a short walk over the railway bridge. Well serviced by numerous restaurants. We choose an Italian restaurant, owned by the Tunisian Chef, food was sublime. We also were very lucky in finding a beautiful bar which had traditional irish music and served Fleurrie by the glass.
Great experience! Banba House is perfect for families or large groups wishing to RELAX. Very spacious and accommodating. It's outside of the city, so plan for a 15-20 minute jog down to Galway by car - or easily ride the train which is literally a stones throw from the house. Grocery store right behind the residence to stock the fridge and save on eating out. Also - buy some peat moss for the fireplace - the front room is wonderful for just relaxing and reading a book by the fire.
it was a great experience , house was very nice clean and suitable for our need.
This host has 5 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
Sailor, Pilot., Chef. Artist. Retired early to enjoy life. ** It works **
Banba House is a large Detached Home in its own private mature grounds giving great access to Galway city centre within 12 mins from main street and and is available for short or long term stays. Sleeps up to 15 persons and has three reception rooms and five bedrooms, I just built a separate cottage at the rear of the house doing all the work myself over the last 3 years. You can stop your world and get off at Banba House, its a very stress free zone.